PA PA - Philadelphia, WhtFem 50-70, UP16994, head in basement of vacant property, Feb'63

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

this is another one I found interesting

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP16632Female, White / Caucasian

Date Body FoundDecember 26, 1955
Location FoundPhiladelphia, PA

Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 70
Estimated Age Range (Years)60-70
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--

Height5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
Weight130 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundDecember 26, 1955
NamUs Case CreatedMay 12, 2017
ME/C QA Reviewed--

Location Found Map
LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania
CountyPhiladelphia County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found

Circumstances of RecoveryFell down stairs in empty house
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Traumatic injuries

I went on namus and I found this woman also. Again in the same area. The house slippers made me think she was older.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP16999Female, Uncertain
Date Body FoundJune 11, 1975
Location FoundPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania

SexFemale
Race / EthnicityUncertain
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range (Years)25-60
Estimated Year of Death1974-1975
Estimated PMIMonths
HeightCannot Estimate

Weight70 lbs,
Location Found Map
LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania 19123

Found by unspecified person(s) in a vacant property of ~7-9 years. Body badly decomposed/mummified.

Accessories
Dark blue short coat with belt. Green & White checkered female trousers. Bright yellow scarf.
Near the Body

Clothing
Orange plaid jumper, bra, panties
On the Body

Footwear
House slippers
On the Body

@madamx House slippers could definitely mean older for the era, but I also have to admit to owning a pair of house slippers lol.

I think it's very possible several of these are connected and my guess is there are probably more. Connecting the murders of old women doesn't strike me as something police would have looked much into back in the day.

@madamx House slippers could definitely mean older for the era, but I also have to admit to owning a pair of house slippers lol.

I think it's very possible several of these are connected and my guess is there are probably more. Connecting the murders of old women doesn't strike me as something police would have looked much into back in the day.

Awww house slippers love!

I was just thinking when you said there were probably more. I wonder if there were any that were actually identified and if so how many.
And yeah your right old lady killings was prob not high on their list. Sigh

Awww house slippers love!

I was just thinking when you said there were probably more. I wonder if there were any that were actually identified and if so how many.
And yeah your right old lady killings was prob not high on their list. Sigh

I'm not very good at searching cold cases. My specialty is definitely Jane/John Does. I can give it a look though!

I don't think we've covered this one even though I see you've been in the thread @madamx :

PA - PA - Lower Providence, WhtFem 402UFPA, 65-75, Crocheted Slippers, Feb'74

omg I forgot about about her!!! She had crochet pink slippers in the bread bags awww..

Ok now I wonder if the old lady killer moved away from the philly area? Is this close to philly. ... this is a little later than the other old ladies.

Btw I have been looking fro cold cases and only found one old lady cold case so far in 1989 that her house was ransacked and she was found dead in it. I don’t think that fits?

Ok I found this old lady from 1975 in PA.. I don’t know how close she is to the crochet slipper lady and to the Philly ones.. but I thought it was interesting.. she was missing from her home and her home was found on fire... I wonder if that is what happened to the other old ladies?

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP20515Eileen Todd DeHart, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactMarch 15, 1975
Missing FromWest Grove, Pennsylvania

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age73 Years
Current Age119 Years
First NameEileen
Middle NameTodd
Last NameDeHart

SexFemale
Height 5’3" (63 Inches)
Weight 100 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactMarch 15, 1975
NamUs Case CreatedJune 6, 2013
Last Known Location Map
LocationWest Grove, Pennsylvania 17390
CountyChester County
Missing From Tribal LandNo
Primary Residence on Tribal LandNo

Circumstances of Disappearance Mrs. DeHart's home was found ablaze on 03/16/75. After the fire was extinguished, Mrs. DeHart could not be located.

CommentsMrs. DeHart did not own/operate a vehicle and had never learned to drive.

Physical Description
Hair ColorGray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--

Left Eye ColorBlue
Right Eye ColorBlue
Eye Description

@madamx I think with this dive we're doing it's all pretty circumstantial, but it feels good to have these cases in the same place for reference especially considering how the elderly get so little attention in general. We may or may not find a solid connection, but this is still a good practice.

@madamx I think with this dive we're doing it's all pretty circumstantial, but it feels good to have these cases in the same place for reference especially considering how the elderly get so little attention in general. We may or may not find a solid connection, but this is still a good practice.

Yeah I have searched but really have not found anything..sigh i still feel there is a connection. But like you said it’s all circumstantial. It is sad how the elderly don’t get the attention they deserve. Your absolutely right though, it is good practice ha!!!

I wonder if these women came from some boarding house. I am trying to find info on one about this guy in New Jersey that took advantage of the people in the boarding homes and I believe he had a fire in one of them. Ugh for the life of me I can’t remember.

but I found this and it talks about some in Atlantic City.and how the tens to “lose” residents. anyway just thought I would post it
Fires in Boarding Homes

I wonder if these women came from some boarding house. I am trying to find info on one about this guy in New Jersey that took advantage of the people in the boarding homes and I believe he had a fire in one of them. Ugh for the life of me I can’t remember.

but I found this and it talks about some in Atlantic City.and how the tens to “lose” residents. anyway just thought I would post it
Fires in Boarding Homes

Feb 4, 1963 - UID's head is found in basement of 624 N Marshall St.

May 15, 1963 - the body of Tillie Judelson, 80, is found in a trunk in her home at 604 W Jefferson St. Tillie's husband had died years before but she continued to live in their home and took in boarders.
(Police were seeking the identity of her last group of boarders, who had lived there until 5 months previous. The 2nd floor of Tillie's house was vacant when her body was found.)

Francisco Feliciano was extradited from Puerto Rico to Philly where he was tried and convicted of Tillie's murder. Later, in a second trial, he was acquitted. Newspaper accounts had him living on Fairmount St, Marshall, Franklin, near Marshall, near Jefferson. He did stay with relatives for a while on one of those streets, he was definitely in that neck of the woods and was suspected in UID's death after admitting to authorities in Puerto Rico that he had killed 2 women in Philly.

So, could he at one time been a boarder at Tillie's? (he allegedly told an acquaintance he planned to rob her). Could the unidentified lady have been a boarder and is this how Feliciano knew her?

Source links:

Attachments

• UP 16994 Feliciano 1.JPG
    UP 16994 Feliciano 1.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 4
  • UP 16994 Feliciano 2.JPG
    UP 16994 Feliciano 2.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 4
  • UP 16994 Feliciano 3.JPG
    UP 16994 Feliciano 3.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
Feb 4, 1963 - UID's head is found in basement of 624 N Marshall St.

May 15, 1963 - the body of Tillie Judelson, 80, is found in a trunk in her home at 604 W Jefferson St. Tillie's husband had died years before but she continued to live in their home and took in boarders.
(Police were seeking the identity of her last group of boarders, who had lived there until 5 months previous. The 2nd floor of Tillie's house was vacant when her body was found.)

Francisco Feliciano was extradited from Puerto Rico to Philly where he was tried and convicted of Tillie's murder. Later, in a second trial, he was acquitted. Newspaper accounts had him living on Fairmount St, Marshall, Franklin, near Marshall, near Jefferson. He did stay with relatives for a while on one of those streets, he was definitely in that neck of the woods and was suspected in UID's death after admitting to authorities in Puerto Rico that he had killed 2 women in Philly.

So, could he at one time been a boarder at Tillie's? (he allegedly told an acquaintance he planned to rob her). Could the unidentified lady have been a boarder and is this how Feliciano knew her?

Source links:

They are talking about two Jewish women. Could that be of any help in searching for her identity? It's hard to believe but you never know. Was this specific area known for Jewish residents?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghostrider2000
Back