PA PA - Phylicia Thomas, 22, Lake Township, 11 Feb 2004

Billboard spreads awareness for cold case

The nearly two-decade-long search for a missing 22-year-old woman is continuing with the public efforts of her family.

Phylicia Thomas, from the Sweet Valley area of Luzerne County, disappeared in February of 2004. Her family believes she was murdered and has vowed to never stop searching. On Monday, their search for information took a step forward as a they put up a billboard asking those passing by for their tips.
---
“There’s plenty of people that know something they are just so scared. All the tips are anonymous. We just want to find her we don’t want anyone to get in trouble we just want to find Phylicia right now, it’s so important,” Bailey said.

This family believes that Thomas was murdered and her body buried somewhere in the Sweet Valley area. Their efforts to find her have included searches of hundreds of acres of land and even national coverage of her case. This billboard is their latest effort to find her.

Billboard spreads awareness for cold case | PAhomepage.com

Phylicia Albina Thomas

phylicia_albina_thomas_1.jpg
phylicia_albina_thomas_2.jpg
thomas_phylicia3.jpg
phylicia_albina_thomas_4.jpg
phylicia_albina_thomas_5.jpg

• Missing Since 02/11/2004
  • Missing From Lake Township, Pennsylvania
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 01/05/1982 (38)
  • Age 22 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A rust-colored wool fringed sweater, a blue collared polo shirt with "Pump and Pantry" written on it, white pants, gray Nike sneakers, a blue Pump-N-Pantry hat and a homemade beaded hemp necklace.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Both of Thomas's arms are laced with scars from dog bites. She has freckles on her face. She is a cigarette smoker.

New link to her Charley project profile - Phylicia Albina Thomas – The Charley Project

FEB 12, 2021
17 years later, family of Phylicia Thomas asks for help to ‘bring her home’ | Times Leader
[...]

Pauline accepts that Phylicia is dead — the presumed victim of a brutal murder that occurred at a party in Hunlock Township on a cold February night in 2004.

[...]

Pauline says there were as many as 17 people at that party who would have heard the screams and seen a body being carried out of a bedroom and out of the trailer and taken somewhere and buried.

[...]

Pauline wants closure. She wants to be able to bury her daughter’s remains and then be able to visit her gravesite and place flowers, knowing that Phylicia is at eternal rest.

[...]

“She’s not a statistic, she was a person who had hobbies and interests,” Urban [PA State Trooper] said. “It is definitely an active investigation and we continue to talk to people, exploring different avenues.”

[...]

“It’s hard for me to believe that someone would do that to her and that it’s still not solved,” PE said of the aunt she looks like, but never met.

Pauline said her daughter used to love the outdoors, going camping and taking long hikes in the woods.

“She loved to sit around a campfire,” Pauline said.

[...]

Pauline said Phylicia didn’t drive, so she was glad to get a job at the Pump N Pantry at Route 118 and Route 29 in Lehman Township because she could walk to work.

[...]

Jesse said Phylicia came home with a few chickens one day because she wanted free eggs.

“Two of them were under my bed,” he said. “I think there was a third one in her bedroom.”

Phylicia also brought home a large Doberman that would drag her around while she was on her roller skates.

“We had to find the owner and return the dog,” Pauline said.

[...]

“Phylicia cared so much about people and animals,” Hayley said. “Anything to help a living creature and she was there.”

Hayley went on to say, “My beautiful cousin was my idol growing up. I remember looking up to her and everything she did — the way she cared. I wanted to be just like her.”

Hayley was just 10 years old when Phylicia went missing.

[...]

Hayley said she used to love to play basketball. She said Phylicia never missed Hayley’s practices or games.

[...]

“Ever since the day she disappeared, I gave up basketball. I couldn’t stomach not seeing her in the stands.”

[...]

“I can’t recall ever having a bad day when she was around,” Hayley said. “She was the glue to this family, she kept us strong and together. When she first went missing, I remember crying myself to sleep. I remember having nightmares and praying she was okay.”

[...]

”I remember counting the days thinking she will be found and brought home, but that day ever came,” Hayley said. “Years and years went by and still nothing.”

Hayley finds it difficult to understand how such a horrible death could happen to such a beautiful and wonderful person like Phylicia.

[...]

Some 17 years later, Hayley said it still feels like Phylicia was just taken from the family.

“The pain of her being gone is always so fresh — like a wound that just won’t heal — but it feels like an eternity since I got to see her smile,” Hayley said. “I still laugh about all the memories till they are tears because of how much we miss her and no matter how much time passes that pain will never go away.

[...]

Pauline Bailey said she will never forget Feb. 11, 2004 — she calls it the “day of horror” — when her daughter disappeared off the face of the earth and she and her family were devastated.

[...]

Speaking to those responsible for Phylicia’s death/disappearance, Pauline said:

“One way or another you will have to pay for what you did. Please, anyone with information, please call — you don’t have to leave your name. Help us stop the killers from hurting anyone else.

[...]

A socially-distant digital vigil of sorts was held throughout the day on Facebook on Thursday, with organizers encouraging friends and family members to light a candle and post it in Phylicia’s honor.

Dozens of posts were made to the group, with many referencing Pink Floyd, a favorite of Phylicia’s. Their song “Wish You Were Here” is often sung at the annual vigils. This year, though, that sentiment had to go virtual.

[...]

Much more at the link; very lengthy article.

Beyond the Byline: A tree grows hope on Loomis Street | Times Leader

Pauline has done all she can to find out what happened to Phylicia and who is responsible. It’s been a never-ending crusade. And all Pauline wants is for her daughter to be brought home, given a proper burial and whatever happens after that, so be it.

On Thursday, Pauline and her family and friends planted a silver maple tree across the street from Bailey’s Loomis Street home. Two benches sit on either side of the tree, giving Bailey and her family a place to go and pray and reflect on the last 17 and a half years in hope of a break in the case.

FEB 12, 2021
17 years later, family of Phylicia Thomas asks for help to ‘bring her home’ | Times Leader
[...]

Pauline accepts that Phylicia is dead — the presumed victim of a brutal murder that occurred at a party in Hunlock Township on a cold February night in 2004.

[...]

Pauline says there were as many as 17 people at that party who would have heard the screams and seen a body being carried out of a bedroom and out of the trailer and taken somewhere and buried.

[...]

Pauline wants closure. She wants to be able to bury her daughter’s remains and then be able to visit her gravesite and place flowers, knowing that Phylicia is at eternal rest.

[...]

“She’s not a statistic, she was a person who had hobbies and interests,” Urban [PA State Trooper] said. “It is definitely an active investigation and we continue to talk to people, exploring different avenues.”

[...]

“It’s hard for me to believe that someone would do that to her and that it’s still not solved,” PE said of the aunt she looks like, but never met.

Pauline said her daughter used to love the outdoors, going camping and taking long hikes in the woods.

“She loved to sit around a campfire,” Pauline said.

[...]

Pauline said Phylicia didn’t drive, so she was glad to get a job at the Pump N Pantry at Route 118 and Route 29 in Lehman Township because she could walk to work.

[...]

Jesse said Phylicia came home with a few chickens one day because she wanted free eggs.

“Two of them were under my bed,” he said. “I think there was a third one in her bedroom.”

Phylicia also brought home a large Doberman that would drag her around while she was on her roller skates.

“We had to find the owner and return the dog,” Pauline said.

[...]

“Phylicia cared so much about people and animals,” Hayley said. “Anything to help a living creature and she was there.”

Hayley went on to say, “My beautiful cousin was my idol growing up. I remember looking up to her and everything she did — the way she cared. I wanted to be just like her.”

Hayley was just 10 years old when Phylicia went missing.

[...]

Hayley said she used to love to play basketball. She said Phylicia never missed Hayley’s practices or games.

[...]

“Ever since the day she disappeared, I gave up basketball. I couldn’t stomach not seeing her in the stands.”

[...]

“I can’t recall ever having a bad day when she was around,” Hayley said. “She was the glue to this family, she kept us strong and together. When she first went missing, I remember crying myself to sleep. I remember having nightmares and praying she was okay.”

[...]

”I remember counting the days thinking she will be found and brought home, but that day ever came,” Hayley said. “Years and years went by and still nothing.”

Hayley finds it difficult to understand how such a horrible death could happen to such a beautiful and wonderful person like Phylicia.

[...]

Some 17 years later, Hayley said it still feels like Phylicia was just taken from the family.

“The pain of her being gone is always so fresh — like a wound that just won’t heal — but it feels like an eternity since I got to see her smile,” Hayley said. “I still laugh about all the memories till they are tears because of how much we miss her and no matter how much time passes that pain will never go away.

[...]

Pauline Bailey said she will never forget Feb. 11, 2004 — she calls it the “day of horror” — when her daughter disappeared off the face of the earth and she and her family were devastated.

[...]

Speaking to those responsible for Phylicia’s death/disappearance, Pauline said:

“One way or another you will have to pay for what you did. Please, anyone with information, please call — you don’t have to leave your name. Help us stop the killers from hurting anyone else.

[...]

A socially-distant digital vigil of sorts was held throughout the day on Facebook on Thursday, with organizers encouraging friends and family members to light a candle and post it in Phylicia’s honor.

Dozens of posts were made to the group, with many referencing Pink Floyd, a favorite of Phylicia’s. Their song “Wish You Were Here” is often sung at the annual vigils. This year, though, that sentiment had to go virtual.

[...]

Much more at the link; very length

Some rumors are going around fb the last few days that there are possible leads to a junkyard in noxen. I am local to the area and use to live by where Phylicia Thomas. Well after she went missing. 2 bodies possibly hers and Jennifers.

I fell down a rabbit hole researching this case. It’s linked to some pretty interesting characters.

Woman vanishes while investigating dead friend's disappearance
From link, thanks..
''Pauline, with the help of family friend Judy Fisher, have compiled thick casebooks full of hundreds of tips, leads and newspaper articles about Phylicia's disappearance. And Pauline won't stop until she learns what happened to her daughter.
Phylicia was the eldest of seven children, and grew up helping mom care for the younger ones.
Phylicia might still be around had one of her friends, Jennifer Barziloski, not gone missing three years before Hugo Selenski's backyard burial ground was discovered.
"Phylicia was looking for her. She was telling people she was looking for Jen," said Judy Fisher.

Phylicia became obsessed with finding Barziloski.

"She would not let it go," said Pauline.

And while playing amateur detective, Phylicia may have learned too much for her own good.''

''Apr 29, 2016
A young woman goes missing in the wilds of Pennsylvania. Her friend is determined to find out what happened to her - but then she vanishes too. And many suspect it was because she knew too much and was closing in on the killer.''

Some rumors are going around fb the last few days that there are possible leads to a junkyard in noxen. I am local to the area and use to live by where Phylicia Thomas. Well after she went missing. 2 bodies possibly hers and Jennifers.

Jan 30, 2023

Feb 5, 2023

Feb 11, 2023

State police investigators say they can’t comment on their investigation, only to say it is ongoing. Phylicia Thomas’s mother says she and her family are living a nightmare and she vows to get answers as to what happened to her daughter.

28/22 News I-Team Reporter Andy Mehalshick spoke to Phylicia Thomas’ mother, Pauline Bailey, about the search back in 2004.

“I just want my daughter. I want to know where my daughter is,” Bailey said in 2004.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls
Back