PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any word on whether anything will be done for the 1 year mark of their disappearance?

docwho3 said:
I wonder if we know all the facts in this case. By giving out that she was known to use an alias it sounds as if there was possibly some suspicion of wrong doing and intentional hiding from justice taking place.
Ottobre is her maiden name. Since she was separated, (divorced or approaching divorce?), perhaps that's why she used her maiden name at times. I know people who use both their married and maiden names at different times for a number of reasons.

It seems that by all accounts, she was a devoted mother. I can't see her disappearing and leaving her son behind. But of course anything is possible.

I agree... nothing unusual about using both names when you are divorced or even on the way to being divorced. I was in the same boat and with some people, companies, etc. it was easy to change my name with and others it took longer. For example, after divorced many plances easily changed my name after seeing a copy of my divorce decree; however, my mortgage company wouldn't change my name unless I refinanced my mortgage. So, for a while, depending on the situation, I was using two names... maiden and married.

PRAYERS FOR HER AND HER FAMILY

*bump*

Any new news? I keep praying that grand jury came up with something...

VERY Strange case......... I find it odd they have not found the truck?? I am thinking river, pond, or some form of water?? I don't know that area at all so.....

Is there any new info??? What happened with the grand jury?

My prayers are with BOTH families.

My Dad, who lives in Phila, says there has been no publication of the grand jury's findings and very little in the news recently about Richard and Danielle.

With all the searches that have been done and not even the truck being found-I think it was dumped in a water-filled quarry. The only way it would be found is if someone diving in the quarry landed practically on top of it.

I STILL believe Danielle's ex had someting to do with this...

I think everone thinks he did. But I don't think he could've done it alone. Rich was a big guy and wouldn't just go along easily. So the ex must've had help. Plus, if I remember correctly, the ex was supposedly watching the son at the time.

No, the GJ findings were never published, nor did they ever hold a press conference like they said they were going to. LE hasn't said ANYTHING about this case since they announced the GJ.

I've always wondered if the truck wasn't parted out right away. Wasn't it a nice truck and fairly new?

It seems that the ex did some threatening toward Rich. I wonder if there was anyone that could give him an alibi for that night. Seems like he had his son at his parents for some reason. Course if the parents and son went to bed even by midnight there wouldn't have been anything stopping the ex from going down town and finding the couple.

I bet the truck was chopped and sold. But that still doesn't explain how two adults could be abducted on a busy city street and noone see anything...

of course he was at home with their son. that's because he probably paid some of the "big guys" up there to do whatever he wanted done to them. those guys are professionals, and experts at getting rid of evidence, leaving no trace behind. they probably used a gun to coerce them to go along, or threatened to hurt danielle- so someone's size or strength in that situation wouldn't matter. and the truck probably went fast & furious to a chop shop. the strange thing is, how did they get to them while they were in the truck? follow them & run them off the road? rear-end them? how could they get them into a more remote area where nothing was seen?

it's obvious the husband is involved because, why the helll was he not out helping to look for his mother's son when all those searches & vigils were going on? not that this necessarily means you are innocent either.. as we've seen by some recent cases. but, from what the public can see, he seems strangely aloof & uncaring.
too bad the police can't legally use a "truth serum" on this guy.

of course, i still hope for a miracle.. or at least, that their families & friends will somehow find some peace.

Seahorseladydi said:
VERY Strange case......... I find it odd they have not found the truck?? I am thinking river, pond, or some form of water?? I don't know that area at all so.....

Is there any new info??? What happened with the grand jury?

My prayers are with BOTH families.

I wonder if someone isn't driving that truck right there under everyone's noses. All a person would have to do is take the truck into the next state...put it in a shop and get a new paint job and put in for a lost title and get new license plates for it. Even if the person drove it back into the state it disappeared from they then would only need to get new license plates for that state and no one would ever know whose that truck had been.

bykerladi said:
I think everone thinks he did. But I don't think he could've done it alone. Rich was a big guy and wouldn't just go along easily. So the ex must've had help. Plus, if I remember correctly, the ex was supposedly watching the son at the time.

No, the GJ findings were never published, nor did they ever hold a press conference like they said they were going to. LE hasn't said ANYTHING about this case since they announced the GJ.

I might be wrong but wasn't the ex living with his parents? I always thought that he might have waited until his son was asleep and his parents were headed to bed and maybe told his mom he was going to run to the store in case his son woke up. If he took a gun with him he probably could have controlled both Rich and Danielle and made Rich drive somewhere.

If I'm remembering correctly, the husband was only visiting his parents. (I wonder how often he did this when he had his son. Wouldn't it be ironic if this were the first time he did that and it just happened to be the night that Richard & Danielle disappeared? How convenient that the husband would have an alibi in that case.) I also seem to remember that his family has LE in it.

Most interesting to me is that this happened right after Danielle told both men that she just wanted to be alone. Perhaps the husband realized that that was it; that there was no longer a chance of him and Danielle getting back together. Also interesting is that the husband has since moved into Danielle's place to care for their son, I believe.

I think you're right, JerseyGirl. I think he IS living in her house with her son. I also don't think he ever took a polygraph (not that they are 100% accurate, but somehow a suspect passing one always makes us outside citizens feel better)

bykerladi said:
I think you're right, JerseyGirl. I think he IS living in her house with her son. I also don't think he ever took a polygraph (not that they are 100% accurate, but somehow a suspect passing one always makes us outside citizens feel better)
Do you know if he was asked to take one? I don't recall.

I agree that these tests are not 100% accurate but I believe that they're very often accurate. And maybe it shouldn't but a person's willingness or lack of willingness to take one often plays a part in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member