PA PA - Sandra Hopler, 18, LaPlume, 29 Sept 1973

A new facial reconstruction has been released for the unidentified female found deceased in #LebanonCounty, PA on October 10, 1973. Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center generously donated a CT scan of the female’s skull so a NCMEC Forensic Artist could work with a Forensic Anthropologist from the Smithsonian to create an image of what this female may have looked like in life.

Based on new dental examinations the female is possibly closer to 15 years old, with a range of 14-19 at the time of her death, which is younger than initially believed.

This Jane Doe was found in a rural area in Lebanon County, several feet off a dirt road in between Tomstown Road and Moonshine Road (Rt. 443) which locals call the Five Point area. She had been deceased for several weeks. The female is Caucasian, stood 5’05”-5’08” tall, and possibly had brown hair. No clothing was recovered with this female.

Anyone with information that could help identify this female can call 1-800-THE-LOST

Pennsylvania State Police, PennLive.com, WPMT FOX43, Reading Eagle, The Morning Call, abc27 News, The Huffington Post, #HelpIDMe

10255604_1188237494537489_1409048775136585316_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe/p...537489/?type=3&theater&notif_t=notify_me_page

I can see some resemblance although 12 days isn't "several weeks".

A new facial reconstruction has been released for the unidentified female found deceased in #LebanonCounty, PA on October 10, 1973. Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center generously donated a CT scan of the female’s skull so a NCMEC Forensic Artist could work with a Forensic Anthropologist from the Smithsonian to create an image of what this female may have looked like in life.

Based on new dental examinations the female is possibly closer to 15 years old, with a range of 14-19 at the time of her death, which is younger than initially believed.

This Jane Doe was found in a rural area in Lebanon County, several feet off a dirt road in between Tomstown Road and Moonshine Road (Rt. 443) which locals call the Five Point area. She had been deceased for several weeks. The female is Caucasian, stood 5’05”-5’08” tall, and possibly had brown hair. No clothing was recovered with this female.

Anyone with information that could help identify this female can call 1-800-THE-LOST

Pennsylvania State Police, PennLive.com, WPMT FOX43, Reading Eagle, The Morning Call, abc27 News, The Huffington Post, #HelpIDMe

View attachment 86310

https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe/p...494537489/?type=3&theater¬if_t=notify_me_page

Here is her NamUs profile

There's not much info on Sandra Hopler. She was supposedly going to New York for a visit, but why? And who was she visiting? If LE knew that then they might be able to figure out who was the last person to ever see her. If she was taking off for a few days with a man, or going to New York to see a man there, maybe he did something to her.

Recently featured in an NCMEC ad:

Sandra Hopler
La Plume, PA
dob: 6-8-55
missing 29 Sept 1973
age at disappearance: 18 years

The jawline, hair color, age range and height seem to line up.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1879

b4zupf.jpg

Bumping for Sandra. Curious to know what you all think about this possibility:

The Doe Network: 1068UFNY

I'm thinking the "brown leathery belt" could be the strap to her purse and the "reddish purple material" on her nails could be from her burgandy blazer or possibly nail polish to match the outfit she was last seen in. Most of the available details fit (although no mention of a prior broken collarbone on Sandra), even the long sandy brown hair... I am local to the investigating PSP location for Sandra (grew up in the Scranton area and currently live in Dupont) and am thinking about stopping by there one day with the info. It's worth a shot, I suppose...

Thank you for your time!

I'm thinking the "brown leathery belt" could be the strap to her purse and the "reddish purple material" on her nails could be from her burgandy blazer or possibly nail polish to match the outfit she was last seen in. Most of the available details fit (although no mention of a prior broken collarbone on Sandra), even the long sandy brown hair... I am local to the investigating PSP location for Sandra (grew up in the Scranton area and currently live in Dupont) and am thinking about stopping by there one day with the info. It's worth a shot, I suppose...

Thank you for your time!
I

Thank you for your time!
I think it's worth a shot. I wonder what the " reddish purple material " is.

Sandra Lee Hopler
  • sandra_lee_hopler_1.jpg
  • sandra_lee_hopler_2.jpg
Hopler, circa 1973; Age-progression to age 55 (circa 2010)

• Missing Since09/29/1973
  • Missing FromLa Plume, Pennsylvania
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth06/08/1955 (63)
  • Age18 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA dark-colored blouse, a burgundy blazer and a new Seiko watch with a gold face. Carrying a tan purse with a shoulder strap.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Light brown hair, hazel eyes. Hopler's nickname is Sandy. She has a mole on her the back of her right hand betwee her thumb and index finger, a mole near the left side of her lip, and a small scar on one eyebrow. Her ears are pierced and she wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Hopler was last seen in La Plume, Pennsylvania on September 29, 1973. She was a student at Keystone Junior College at the time.

Hopler told her roommate she was going to go to New York City for a visit. She was last seen at the bus stop. She never returned home and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

View attachment 86310

Hi - did you ever turn in this possible match? The Jane Doe's NamUs profile was modified today, but she only has one rule out listed and it's not Sandra.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu
Back