GUILTY PA - Skyler Kauffman, 9, Souderton, 9 May 2011

Wow, I never thought all these times posting here at WS, that I'd be posting about something so close. I live one block north of the Hillside Cemetary and Apartment complex where this took place. Last night we had the helicopters literally parked on top of our roof with their spotlights on, and this morning they have the roads closed off.

I guess there is a significant amount of evidence, as they have a very large area taped off.

I hate to pass judgment on people, but this apartment complex has, over the course of the past 20 years, or so, attracted some very unsavory people from all walks of life. I believe back in the 80's there was a shooting during a party there, and some other things, too. Knowing this and seeing people trying to raise their kids there, because they cannot afford to live elsewhere, always made me sad. Something like this just seemed bound to happen. :(

Anyway, my prayers go out to this poor little girl's family, and I'm glad to hear that the police are saying they have the perpetrator with 100% solid evidence.

Celt, where is this apt complex in Souderton???

I don't get on to read the news much with all going on but I heard about this this a.m. and went to the local newspaper on line. I live in Souderton and I am devastated.....................I'm trying to find out where this apartment complex is.................this has to stop......I am at a loss for words right now

N. 2nd Street & E. Chestnut Street if you want to look on Google Maps. I live one block North of it. As of 9am they still had all of the roads surrounding it closed, and lots of tape.

ETA: I believe the actual street address for the complex is 203 East Chestnut.

N. 2nd Street & E. Chestnut Street if you want to look on Google Maps. I live one block North of it. As of 9am they still had all of the roads surrounding it closed, and lots of tape.

ETA: I believe the actual street address for the complex is 203 East Chestnut.

ok - so it's downtown, rigth? chestnut, that runs with 113 right? We go to the diner on 113 on weekends...behind that area I believe?

This is horrible...omg

ok - so it's downtown, rigth? chestnut, that runs with 113 right? We go to the diner on 113 on weekends...behind that area I believe?

This is horrible...omg

Yeah it's right downtown by the railroad bridge that runs parallel to the big hill on Main Street. Chestnut runs from Main Street to County Line Road.

The suspect who was arrested was reported to be a 40 year old male.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8122162

Local paper website is now reporting 25-years old, and doesn't seem to care about what happened. :sick:

Souderton police have arrested a 25-year old neighbor in the abduction and killing of 9-year old Skylar Kauffman. The suspect has not been charged, arraingment is expected today, according to police. After initinal interviews, police said, they found inconsistencies in the suspect's story. Police said the suspect did not seem affected by the events.

http://www.thereporteronline.com/articles/2011/05/10/news/doc4dc8b13f174a3260738621.txt

I just got off the phone with my daughter in NJ, right across the bridge from Philly. Yesterday afternoon an ice cream man stopped, without being stopped by the children, to "talk" with them. After he asked three children in a group thier names, and where they lived, two of them ran away. The third child, a 7-year-old with no shoes on, didn't run. The guy then told him to have shoes on tomorrow when he came back. By now a parent or two had been alerted and my SIL followed the guy through another development down to the high school while my daughter called 911.

The "ice cream" guy stopped and my SIL stopped right across from him, then along came the police. The guy had no permits to be selling ice cream in that township, no licenses, no nothing. No one had ever seen him before, he was a stranger. The female officer gave him every citation it was legal to give, but could not search the truck, or do anything else. The police had their hands tied, the guy didn't actually do anything but ask for names and addresses - wonder why - so, they let him go with a handful of tickets.

Point being, my daughter said this guy was arrogant, rude, and acted a bit strange to the officer - wouldn't stay in the truck or keep his mouth shut. In fact, he started making excuses why he never sold ice cream to the kids - he said they didn't have quite enough money.

The point being - yesterday seems to have been a day for child predators, and I wonder why - some sort of "cult" holiday? The moon wasn't full. A "trigger" of some sort? Spring got them horny? The world is no longer a safe place for our children/grandchildren, you can't ever trust the ice cream man. And now I am really worried - a little girl murdered not far from me, my grandkids threatened by a potential pedo. WTF.

How very sad. :( I was hoping she was at another friend's house and would be found safe. :tears:

This is awful. :cry: I was so hoping last night that Skylar was just at a friends house and forgot to tell her parents. I really wish I would have been right.

It's not fair that we cannot allow our kids to play in their own parks/yards anymore. Trident, I am so paranoid that I don't even allow my 8 year old son to go to the ice cream truck by himself.

What is this world coming to? :mad:

Rest in peace Skylar. My grandmother is now there with you and will take care of you sweet lil angel.

Just announced a prayer vigil at the complex tonight at 7pm. Arraignment is due this afternoon. Oddly enough the courtroom is across the street from the complex. Name of the suspect won't be released until the arraignment.

This is such a terrible story, my heart is breaking. The man arrested had already had a run in with her around 2 weeks ago where she went screaming and crying from his apartment and the police were called :furious: What in the hell happened there ?
Here is an article discussing where this information came from. PLEASE be aware that the article is somewhat disturbing:

Neighbor Held After Girl Killed Near Home

SNIPPED:

Fox 29's Steve Keeley reported that several neighbors told him that the suspect had a prior run-in with Skylar Kauffman approximately two weeks ago. Several people told Keeley they saw the girl running away from the suspect's apartment, screaming and crying during that incident.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news...rl_Murdered_Police_Say_Skylar_Kaufmann_051011

This is such a terrible story, my heart is breaking. The man arrested had already had a run in with her around 2 weeks ago where she went screaming and crying from his apartment and the police were called :furious: What in the hell happened there ?
Here is an article discussing where this information came from. PLEASE be aware that the article is somewhat disturbing:

Neighbor Held After Girl Killed Near Home

SNIPPED:

Fox 29's Steve Keeley reported that several neighbors told him that the suspect had a prior run-in with Skylar Kauffman approximately two weeks ago. Several people told Keeley they saw the girl running away from the suspect's apartment, screaming and crying during that incident.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news...rl_Murdered_Police_Say_Skylar_Kaufmann_051011

Goodness. I wonder if he tried something and she ran screaming. My dad would have stomped him half to death the first time.

rsbm

:furious: :furious: :furious:

Cops have suspect in murder of 9 yr. old girl Skylar Kauffman, in suburban Phila.

According to CBS affiliate KYW, police say they found evidence of a struggle in the basement of the apartment complex where she lived, and not long after that Skylar's body was found in a dumpster, wrapped in a cloth, outside her building.

Souderton police chief James Leary says police started interviewing a man who lives in that same apartment complex.

"They noticed there was what appeared to be blood splatters on his lower body," Leary told KYW. "They pursued that particular avenue, and he's in the cell block as we speak."

snipped from: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20061434-504083.html

:cry:

This is so sad. :( I have an 8yr old daughter and I don't let her out of my sight. I sometimes feel I'm being too paranoid, but then I hear stuff like this or the ice cream man story above and i realize I'm not being too paranoid.

When I hear the ice cream man bell ring I go the other way. :lol: I tell my DD let's go to Friendly's or Rita's Ice. :lol:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back