PA PA - Steven Whitenight, 30, Bloomsburg, 14 January 2016

Steven Whitenight, W/M/30, Columbia County, 14 January 2016

Steven Eugene Whitenight Jr. :: White / Male / 30 Years Old

5' 9" :: 170 Lbs. :: Green Eyes :: Brown Hair

Camouflage Orange Hunting Coat :: On Foot

Bloomsburg, Columbia County, is in Eastern, PA.

Wed., Apr. 13th: WNEP-TV:

http://wnep.com/2016/04/13/human-remains-found-near-river-in-northumberland-county/:

Paraphrasing:

A Forensic Anthropology Team is now comparing DNA to

A Person
who went missing in Columbia County this January.

It could be Months to make a positive IDentification.

Bloomsburg, PA to Riverside, PA :: Approximately 11 Road-Miles:

https://www.google.com/#q=Bloomsburg,+PA+to+Riverside,+PA

Our Thanks To Those Providing
On-Line, Spiritual, & In-Person Assistance.

Steven Whitenight, W/M/30, NamUs MP # 35088, Columbia County, 14 January 2016

National missing & Unidentified persons system:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/35088

Steven Whitenight, W/M/30, NamUs MP # 35088, Columbia County, Bloomsburg, 14 January 2016

8740f88e3ce04bb5a834f097e2fffbd0_6441236_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Day 325

1)) http://www.pahomepage.com/news/cold-case-where-is-steven-whitenight-jr

National missing & Unidentified persons system >>> Case Report:

Steven Whitenight, W/M/30, NamUs MP # 35088, Columbia County, Bloomsburg, 14 January 2016

Day 325

1)) http://www.pahomepage.com/news/cold-case-where-is-steven-whitenight-jr

National missing & Unidentified persons system >>> Case Report:

I though this case was coming to a conclusion back in September.

Looks like like nothing came of the dental records.

Yes,
BERWICK — A Bloomsburg man who has been missing for nearly a year made a surprise phone call to his former girlfriend last week — or, at least that’s what the former girlfriend says.
Michelle Zeiber contacted the Press Enterprise on Dec. 20, saying Steven Whitenight Jr. had called her early that morning.
Whitenight, 30, was reported missing Jan. 14 after he failed to return home from his newspaper-delivery route. Police found his car — with keys and cell phone inside — parked near the East Bloomsburg Bridge.
Whitenight’s father, Steven Whitenight Sr., doesn’t believe Zeiber’s strange tale and says she’s most likely lying about it to get noticed.
“I think it’s her way of getting attention or notoriety,” Whitenight Sr. said. “I’m not surprised she’s pestering you guys.”
Zeiber, who now lives in Berwick, says she no longer has a record of the phone call. She deleted it from her phone “for reasons,” she said. And the call was so short, she doesn’t think police will be able to trace it. She did contact Bloomsburg Detective Melanie Readler, who is in charge of the missing man’s case, Zeiber said.
‘Everyone on Steve’s side’
Zeiber says she was on her way to work at the Pine Barn Inn in Danville early Tuesday, Dec. 20, when she got a call from a private number. At first, she didn’t recognize the voice, but then the caller told her, “It’s Steve,” she says.
“He said he wanted to see how I was doing,” Zeiber claims. “That he didn’t leave because of me — he left because of the stress of being a foster parent, of buying the house.”
Zeiber says she and Steve were foster parents to a 10-year-old girl named Angelica, who had to be placed in a different home after Whitenight disappeared. She believes he deliberately disappeared after she discovered he’d been lying about buying a house.
“‘Well, you know the hell you have put me through this year?’” Zeiber recalls asking him.
“‘I bet,’” he reportedly replied.
They spoke for a few more seconds about the couple’s dogs, one of which had to be put down this summer, and then Zeiber told him she had to go. She didn’t want to be late for work, she said.
Even though they talked for only a minute, it was comforting to hear his disappearance wasn’t her fault, she said.
“It seems like everyone was on Steve’s side.”
When she got the call, she sent a text to Whitenight’s dad, letting him know. But he didn’t answer back, she said.
If the missing man does return, she has no intention of being with him, Zeiber said. She’s now engaged to someone else.
“I’d like to see him for closure,” she said. “I’d like to do many more things, but that would be illegal.”
Father ‘skeptical’
Whitenight Sr. says if there’s even the smallest chance Steven is alive, he’d like the police to investigate. But he says Zeiber’s tale is unbelievable.
“I’m skeptical, to say the least,” he said.
That she cut the call short, after just a minute, was the biggest red flag for him.
“She just went to work and went about her business,” Whitenight Sr. said, incredulous.
Instead of pulling over and continuing to talk — and asking him where he is — she hung up, he says. Then, instead of going straight to the police station and turning over her phone, she walked into work as if it was any other day.
“There were too many things that she should have done, and that she shouldn’t have, that don’t make any sense,” said the father.
There were other red flags, too, said Whitenight Sr. Two weeks after his son’s disappearance, she was dating another guy, she told him. And she’s been sending him strange texts and making weird phone calls, telling him she’s scared because the police are watching her.
A news station called him a few weeks ago for an interview, which he granted, he said. But when Zeiber learned he had gone on television without her, she was furious, he noted. She called him, asking why he didn’t include her in the interview. Then she phoned the news station, asking why it would run a story without her involvement, said Whitenight Sr.
If this report of a phone call is just another grab for attention, he wants the police to be involved.
“If I have to get on the police chief’s desk and scream, I will,” Whitenight pledged. “This is a bunch of crap.”
Det. Readler says it’s possible Whitenight made the call, but she hasn’t looked at the phone or phone records to confirm it either way.

Yes,
BERWICK — A Bloomsburg man who has been missing for nearly a year made a surprise phone call to his former girlfriend last week — or, at least that’s what the former girlfriend says.
Michelle Zeiber contacted the Press Enterprise on Dec. 20, saying Steven Whitenight Jr. had called her early that morning.
Whitenight, 30, was reported missing Jan. 14 after he failed to return home from his newspaper-delivery route. Police found his car — with keys and cell phone inside — parked near the East Bloomsburg Bridge.
Whitenight’s father, Steven Whitenight Sr., doesn’t believe Zeiber’s strange tale and says she’s most likely lying about it to get noticed.
“I think it’s her way of getting attention or notoriety,” Whitenight Sr. said. “I’m not surprised she’s pestering you guys.”
Zeiber, who now lives in Berwick, says she no longer has a record of the phone call. She deleted it from her phone “for reasons,” she said. And the call was so short, she doesn’t think police will be able to trace it. She did contact Bloomsburg Detective Melanie Readler, who is in charge of the missing man’s case, Zeiber said.
‘Everyone on Steve’s side’
Zeiber says she was on her way to work at the Pine Barn Inn in Danville early Tuesday, Dec. 20, when she got a call from a private number. At first, she didn’t recognize the voice, but then the caller told her, “It’s Steve,” she says.
“He said he wanted to see how I was doing,” Zeiber claims. “That he didn’t leave because of me — he left because of the stress of being a foster parent, of buying the house.”
Zeiber says she and Steve were foster parents to a 10-year-old girl named Angelica, who had to be placed in a different home after Whitenight disappeared. She believes he deliberately disappeared after she discovered he’d been lying about buying a house.
“‘Well, you know the hell you have put me through this year?’” Zeiber recalls asking him.
“‘I bet,’” he reportedly replied.
They spoke for a few more seconds about the couple’s dogs, one of which had to be put down this summer, and then Zeiber told him she had to go. She didn’t want to be late for work, she said.
Even though they talked for only a minute, it was comforting to hear his disappearance wasn’t her fault, she said.
“It seems like everyone was on Steve’s side.”
When she got the call, she sent a text to Whitenight’s dad, letting him know. But he didn’t answer back, she said.
If the missing man does return, she has no intention of being with him, Zeiber said. She’s now engaged to someone else.
“I’d like to see him for closure,” she said. “I’d like to do many more things, but that would be illegal.”
Father ‘skeptical’
Whitenight Sr. says if there’s even the smallest chance Steven is alive, he’d like the police to investigate. But he says Zeiber’s tale is unbelievable.
“I’m skeptical, to say the least,” he said.
That she cut the call short, after just a minute, was the biggest red flag for him.
“She just went to work and went about her business,” Whitenight Sr. said, incredulous.
Instead of pulling over and continuing to talk — and asking him where he is — she hung up, he says. Then, instead of going straight to the police station and turning over her phone, she walked into work as if it was any other day.
“There were too many things that she should have done, and that she shouldn’t have, that don’t make any sense,” said the father.
There were other red flags, too, said Whitenight Sr. Two weeks after his son’s disappearance, she was dating another guy, she told him. And she’s been sending him strange texts and making weird phone calls, telling him she’s scared because the police are watching her.
A news station called him a few weeks ago for an interview, which he granted, he said. But when Zeiber learned he had gone on television without her, she was furious, he noted. She called him, asking why he didn’t include her in the interview. Then she phoned the news station, asking why it would run a story without her involvement, said Whitenight Sr.
If this report of a phone call is just another grab for attention, he wants the police to be involved.
“If I have to get on the police chief’s desk and scream, I will,” Whitenight pledged. “This is a bunch of crap.”
Det. Readler says it’s possible Whitenight made the call, but she hasn’t looked at the phone or phone records to confirm it either way.
In a missing persons case, if a phone call is claimed to have been made, why would they NOT check the phone records for confirmation???

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sounds like the foster child had a lucky escape. I hope she has gone to a loving, stable home.

Maybe Police need to check out this girlfriend he had. She sounds like she is hiding information. Especially if she made the comment to his Father "She's scared." " Police are watching her." Guilt? Or just attention seeking?!
Prayers his family gets answers!

Authorities claim he has a history of disappearing for long periods of time OR authorities were told by someone he has a history of disappearing for long periods of time?

He was parked near a bridge, but also near a small airport.

So did he jump, fly, or did he even drive his car there?

I know people fly out of small airports all the time and I know that you can often find a private pilot to fly you somewhere if you're willing to pay, but it seems it would have been far more logical to park at the airport rather than near the airport or have someone drop you off at the airport if long term parking wasn't available. I don't know what the limitations are as far as small planes and weather/ice.

I live in Bloomsburg, and my wife and I have taken an interest in getting Steven found.

While there haven't been any news updates on the case, Steven's father is still actively searching for him.

I drove over to the airport where SW parked and retraced the footprints up on to the bridge. The bridge is dozens of feet above the water, meaning if he fell in it is unlikely that he would have remained conscious after impact.

On the other side of the bridge is nothing but forested hills, followed by a long stretch of open farm land. If he continued on past the bridge there was really no where for him to go besides some scattered homes, which there was no report of him visiting.

I pulled the weather data from NOAA for the day he disappeared. In Bloomsburg the high temperature was 22 degrees and the low was 17. I also pulled the data for the water level of the river, which on the day he disappeared was gauged at between 6 and 7 feet. Assuming he fell into the river, the temperatures were not survivable, and if I had to guess the water level meant it was flowing pretty fast.

Still assuming he fell in, the Susquehanna river is very long, and very wide at many points, making the search area huge. I dont know much about water dynamics, but one thing that sticks out to me is the large number of sizeable river islands downstream from the bridge that can only be accessed by boat.

Most of the islands have scrub and small trees on them, and are partially covered by water in the winter and spring months. To me that says that something floatingg down river has a good chance of being snagged there. This is only my theory of course, but it seems to me that since Steven hasn't been found on the banks it would be a great place to search. Much easier said than done of course.

I live in Bloomsburg, and my wife and I have taken an interest in getting Steven found.

While there haven't been any news updates on the case, Steven's father is still actively searching for him.

I drove over to the airport where SW parked and retraced the footprints up on to the bridge. The bridge is dozens of feet above the water, meaning if he fell in it is unlikely that he would have remained conscious after impact.

On the other side of the bridge is nothing but forested hills, followed by a long stretch of open farm land. If he continued on past the bridge there was really no where for him to go besides some scattered homes, which there was no report of him visiting.

I pulled the weather data from NOAA for the day he disappeared. In Bloomsburg the high temperature was 22 degrees and the low was 17. I also pulled the data for the water level of the river, which on the day he disappeared was gauged at between 6 and 7 feet. Assuming he fell into the river, the temperatures were not survivable, and if I had to guess the water level meant it was flowing pretty fast.

Still assuming he fell in, the Susquehanna river is very long, and very wide at many points, making the search area huge. I dont know much about water dynamics, but one thing that sticks out to me is the large number of sizeable river islands downstream from the bridge that can only be accessed by boat.

Most of the islands have scrub and small trees on them, and are partially covered by water in the winter and spring months. To me that says that something floatingg down river has a good chance of being snagged there. This is only my theory of course, but it seems to me that since Steven hasn't been found on the banks it would be a great place to search. Much easier said than done of course.

Welcome to WS MikeM4ID! Great insight and thoughts in your first post. Thank you! I think what you say about the many islands in the river makes perfect sense.

Where is Steven's father searching, do you know? Have they ever hired a PI or a professional search team? Did you present your thoughts about the islands to them?

Is there only one girlfriend? Some of these links are no longer working and when I first read through this thread I thought there was a current girlfriend and an ex girlfriend, but now I think it was the same girlfriend all the way through and I just got confused. I used to live in Bloomsburg years ago so this case caught my attention when I saw it in the recent thread replies. What a great last name this guy has. I hope there is some new information soon.

Thank you for the welcome and the kind words.

I do not know where Steven's father has searched, but as of the last news video posted on the Press Enterprise (a local news outlet) in 2016 he said he would continue searching the river. I don'tknow if a PI has been hired, but I remember reading that a state police helicopter searched the river and surrounding area for several days after he was reported missing.

As it happens, my wife works for a family in Millville where he lives, which is a very small town. My wife and I have thought of approaching him to swap information and ideas, however we arent sure how he would react to our theory that Steven has passed away. I dont know what its like to be in his shoes, and we dont want to end up upsetting him.

Any thoughts on how/if we should approach him? The one thing we do know is that we need to have our facts straight, and be able to show we have done some real homework. After all we want to help him, and he knows better than anyone what has and has not been done in the search.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cramirez4u
Back