Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will soon be 40 years since Beth was killed. Her baby daughter would be nearly 40 years old now.

How much longer must they wait for justice? :(

I'd be curious to know if there is coal dust all over the bedspread/suitcases. If she was in one of those mining areas as a worker, or spouse of worker, I'd think it would have been hard to NOT have dust on everything.

I was thinking that the letters and numbers couldn't have been anything to close by or LE would have figured it out at the time.

There was a train in some coal areas way out in south west PA that was named something like Waynesburg South Route - but it was a closed rail system and not connected to commuter rails or anything further than northern WV.

Maybe the WSR thing is in Tenn. IDK if anyone has looked there. I haven't.......until now! :)

Maybe I've missed the specifics on this before:

The only clues were newspapers found in the suitcase were dated Sept. 26, 1976, and linked to the areas of Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Morris, Sussex, Passaic, Somerset and Union counties in New Jersey. Parts of the body were wrapped in a Sept. 26, 1976 edition of The New York Times.

http://www.tnonline.com/2015/may/14/police-investigate-carbon-cold-case-murder

Crazy to think the killer may have had a connection to the part of North Jersey I was raised.

It would be helpful to see a photo of the writing on her hand to know exactly what was written. I wonder if they'd give up photos with FOIA request. I think doing pollen on the bedspread and suitcases would be helpful

All police know at this point is that the woman was white, and between 15 and 25 years old, carrying a full-term female fetus, and had “WSR” followed by the numbers four or five below and to the right of a number six or seven on her right palm.

Crazy to think the killer may have had a connection to the part of North Jersey I was raised.

It would be helpful to see a photo of the writing on her hand to know exactly what was written. I wonder if they'd give up photos with FOIA request. I think doing pollen on the bedspread and suitcases would be helpful
It would be helpful if the items still exist. Sadly this is a old case and as in many cases the evidence could be lost by now. I hope that is not the case.

I've been looking at things associated with W.S.R 4 or 5 & 6 or 7.
Pennsylvania State Game Lands Number 57 is located North East of White Haven & Wilkes Barre. Maybe where she was murdered?
Also, The newspaper was traced to Northern New Jersey. Perhaps she was killed in New Jersey somewhere and just dumped in PA. Newark NJ is right by NYC and it's a straight shot down interstate 80 from Newark to White Haven. Its possible this woman has no ties to Pennsylvania other than being left there. She may have lived in Eastern Tennessee or surrounding states, moved or traveled to New Jersey or New York for some reason. With her baby dad or by herself? Was she hitch hiking home? Or did she never make it to her destination in New York or New Jersey? Its definitely possible she was killed in NY or NJ and driven an hour and 40 minutes away to be dropped in location that no one would know her. I think Tennesee, North Carolina, Virginia, New York, and New Jersey should be investigated more as the place of residence & murder.
Its been almost 40 years. This woman deserves her name back. This can't be impossible to solve.

I posted the luggage pics on a vintage luggage website (ya gotta love the internet lol!) I didn't get any useful responses though.

I have often wondered if the WSR could have been WSB, since no picture was taken of the lettering on the hand you only have one person's account for it. WSB is initials for Wilkes-Barre PA which is a major area near the Mountaintop/White Haven area. If you are in Wilkes-Barre you take the two and a half mile mountain up into Mountaintop which is 309. Parallel to 309 is a road that takes you right into White Haven.

Sorry to just jump into the middle of the thread here to be a naysayer, but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in - I've never seen Wilkes Barre abbreviated as WSB; it's always W.B., if anything.

I live about 35 minutes away from Wilkes Barre and about 20 minutes from white haven.

Does anyone know this about how DNA is run CODIS? If a MP is listed going missing after a Doe is discovered, do they exclude it from any type of comparison automatically?
I ask because I've been looking at Wendy Susan Byron who is listed as missing as of Aug. 1978. The date is after Beth Doe was discovered, but I'm wondering if her date of disappearance is actually the date she was reported missing. I mention her because her DOB and her initials possibly correspond with what was written on her hand, and, based on her picture, she had some dental issues, one apparently with her right front incisor. It's a major long shot, I know, but her husband said she moved to OH, so I wonder if she might have been from that area?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/byron_wendy.html

It is 20 December soon....and this poor girl with her unborn baby still not identified after 40 years!!!!

Wendy has DNA in NamUs so I think it would have automatically checked against the unidentified database regardless of the date missing.

Wendy has DNA in NamUs so I think it would have automatically checked against the unidentified database regardless of the date missing.

Roselvr has posted something about it, but I can't recall the thread....it's not working like that....the DNA could be everywhere....I thought that too (dna submitted, tests complete) and that they automaticly do the scan.....if I find it again I will post.....

That's what I was wondering myself. I hope they do because sometimes, I think the dates could be off.

Does anyone know this about how DNA is run CODIS? If a MP is listed going missing after a Doe is discovered, do they exclude it from any type of comparison automatically?
I ask because I've been looking at Wendy Susan Byron who is listed as missing as of Aug. 1978. The date is after Beth Doe was discovered, but I'm wondering if her date of disappearance is actually the date she was reported missing. I mention her because her DOB and her initials possibly correspond with what was written on her hand, and, based on her picture, she had some dental issues, one apparently with her right front incisor. It's a major long shot, I know, but her husband said she moved to OH, so I wonder if she might have been from that area?

Did you find a European Connection?

Sorry to just jump into the middle of the thread here to be a naysayer, but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in - I've never seen Wilkes Barre abbreviated as WSB; it's always W.B., if anything.

I live about 35 minutes away from Wilkes Barre and about 20 minutes from white haven.

I might have been thinking of the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Red Barons, now they call the the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Rail Riders I think. It just seems to me I have seen the SWB somewhere connecting Wilkes-Barre Scranton areas together but I can't remember where now. I lived in Mountaintop for ten years about twenty years ago.

Bump - for 40 years since Beth and her baby were found.

It's sad that 40 years has passed and she remains unidentified. RIP Beth and Baby Doe. I hope you both get justice.

Often become perplexed by the DNA process as well, as BitofHope mentioned it depends on where the DNA is held (Local reporting LE, State Lab, University or NAMUS) etc.. It's not necessarily an automatic match, it has to be reported to NAMUS and compared if the DNA is held somewhere else. Hope I said this all correctly ....

Roselvr has a couple of blogs posted as well that gives some information.

40 years, 40 years too long. RIP Beth & Baby Doe :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member