Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a (maybe stupid) idea....what if the letters say ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) followed by the rate (the numbers) and she scribbled it down roughly/quickly after visiting a doctor. She was in her third semester of pregnancy............ The only thing that I'm not sure off is what kind of testing they did to monitor the health of mother and child in the 70's.

I also find it strange the precision he used in getting the baby out without cutting the baby like a doctor would do in a c-section.

I also find it strange the precision he used in getting the baby out without cutting the baby like a doctor would do in a c-section.

Would you care to explain that? I've followed this case for years and don't quite understand what you are saying.

Except that a guy who kills his partner because he isn't rolling with the idea of fatherhood doesn't usually cut off the the woman's ears and nose. This was much more contemptuous than one would expect from a guy whose motive was to avoid paying child support.

I don't think it was about child support. He didn't want the kid for whatever reason, could be because he was married.
I feel he cut her up to hide certain features that may make her more identifiable.

Maybe it was an affair...married man got her pregnant, she wouldn't abort...he panicked knew she was going to deliver soon and plotted to kill and dispose of her.

Think he made every effort to disguise her appearance....which makes me think ..he thought...she was very recognizable. Also used three different suitcases...hoping if even one wasn't found, it would make an ID hard. To me, definetly thought out and personal!

Just came across something...our beth doe is suspected of being from eastern Tennessee. The WSR on her hand...
In eastern Tenn, I found a national park established in Oct 76..2 months before her death called the Obey WSR (wild and scenic river). They refer to it by the initials.

Also, the lehigh river where she was found is considered a WSR. As for the numbers also on her hand, Pennsylvania has a popular route 476...

Also, the lehigh river where she was found is considered a WSR. As for the numbers also on her hand, Pennsylvania has a popular route 476...

Ok, very interesting...what do you think?....there was an add "come to WSR?"...and she replied....I'm not sure what the sign in this case means...she had to go to WSR? But what could be the link or the motive? Sorry...not trying to being annoying..could that be the orange cloth/blanket is coming from? Just a thought........she went there because the person who made her pregnant wanted her there to go.....

Route 476/Northeastern extension of the pa turnpike was not called that until the 1990's, before that it was Route 9.

According to post #772 in this thread, the baby was DNA tested. Isotopes as well.

Just trying to think of what could have been so important to her that she felt the need to write it on her hand, close to her death. Someone giving her directions..like a final destination.

I have a (maybe stupid) idea....what if the letters say ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) followed by the rate (the numbers) and she scribbled it down roughly/quickly after visiting a doctor. She was in her third semester of pregnancy............ The only thing that I'm not sure off is what kind of testing they did to monitor the health of mother and child in the 70's.

Actually, that is not a bad idea at all IMO...

Uh, what's that? A pregnancy test?

Trying to explain it to the best of my knowledge

It's a blood test.

ESR stands for Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate. Commonly known as the “sed rate”, it is a test that helps check for the presence of a disease, infection or condition in the body that may be causing inflammation. Though, it does not directly help in diagnosing a particular condition, it helps physicians know what other tests may be needed to detect the actual problem. It’s also a way to examine how well a person is doing to a specific treatment for a disease he/she is being treated. An ESR test can study inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid, systemic lupus erythematosus and arthritis. The test may also be ordered in cause a person is suffering from high fever, some kind of muscle problems or arthritis.

During pregnancy takes this percentage, depending on the period. This is not related to inflammation, so it is not necessary to deal with. Usually accelerates the ESR, starting from the fourth month, and this reached its highest value in the ninth month. The following values are considered as the norm:

• 1st trimester-15 mm/h;
  • 2nd trimester-25 mm/h;
  • 3rd trimester-to 45 mm/h.
ESR normalizes about three months after delivery.

Yeah, but why would she be having that test? Would that imply a chronic illness or something like that?

I'm trying to picture whether getting the ESR result and telling her husband/partner about it would trigger a murderous rage...and not coming up with much.

The baby was not cut even though he cut he in half, I would imagine it to be like a doctor performing a C-section. He used a serrated knife so I think the killer must have been vey skillful not to have cut the baby.

Would you care to explain that? I've followed this case for years and don't quite understand what you are saying.

Maybe a doctor or butcher. Definetly skilled. My belief it was the father of the child, who didn't want to be a daddy or was having an affair with our victim. This was planned..think he got nervous as she was about to give birth. Reality set in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrs_grimzilla