Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Queen Jodi wasn't prepared to make her statement to the jury.

thinking out loud - but Jodi wasn't prepared as she thought the trial would be dismissed per her lawyer's "motion to dismiss" argument! So why bother being prepared! :fence:

The DT pay for Daryl's flight?

The defendant is indigent, so actually the taxpayers of Arizona aka the state pays all the defense costs, which last time I check was over $1.6 million.

aha. BK has a theory. If DT doesnt bring witnesses JM cant rebutt and play JA interview asking for the DP.

Was Nurmi "intimidating" Judge Stephens when he said the defense won't put up any mitigation witness after the motion of mistrial was denied?

Really? DB seemed eloquent, intelligent, and clear to me.

I thought it was an interesting interview.

I did too. I felt bad for him and I think he would be a good mitigation witness.

I just hope that it was JA's decision that he not testify and not Nurmi having a tantrum because if that's what happened then she's got ineffective counsel and up to now, I do not think that's been the case.

Daryl Brewer says that he doesn't think that Jodi's defense even made an effort to find mitigation witnesses.

Which I found quite a strange statement for him to make.....I have an inkling that he knew he would not be called today and was fully prepared to give this interview. I believe he is part of the d/t plan for today ... for a future motion to a higher court on the mitigation phase of this trial. I believe kn was shocked and pizzed when JSS denied his request for a stay today. JMO but I got a feeling we are going to hear a see a lot more of the jodi saga for years to come.

Imagine from all the restaurants JA worked in there is not one manager, supervisor or co worker that the DT could drum up to speak of something good JA did as an employee!

I'm quite sure if they wanted to they could find plenty of people who had good things to say about her. This is all strategy. Once the dust has settled she will be complaining of inadequate representation just because of this...
"my attorneys wanted to quit at the moment I was facing the death penalty- they couldn't be bothered to present mitigation witnesses" etc etc

IMO, because JA is so eagerly awaiting her time in court...I recommend that the family and any spectators refrain from the courthouse tomorrow for her testimony.

If no one shows up for the performance...what a failure she would be!! LOL

I know Travis family has been on board from the very beginning...and would be unbelievably difficult to not show up, but she has been found guilty and the family has given their VIS so there is nothing further this little family could do to ensure the DP.

JA is looking for a stage in which to perform.... to further trash Travis' reputation, to bolster her fake claims of abuse, to throw her attorneys under the bus, to blame the prosecution, etc.

What I wonder ... will Juan be able to object to her ramblings about abuse, self defense, etc.? Is this performance tomorrow supposed to be about the benefits of saving her life?

Note: a certain interview this morning contains clear contradictions, but has been released into the public domain by the media. IMO the content sounds biased, has not been subject to prosecution cross-examination and so should be taken with a grain of salt.

To all the WS'ers commenting that Dan Freeman was going to testify for the lying torture murderess, guess it's time for this:

told-you-so-meter1.jpg

Seems to me he testified on cross that he loaned JA the gas cans knowing she was going to Mesa. In the interview he stated he did not know she was going to Mesa.

He did.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TKGSgdzJ74"]Darryl Brewer Admits Jodi Arias asked for gas cans in May & early June to go to Mesa - YouTube[/ame]

Imagine that - you are on trial for YOUR LIFE and you have no one, NO ONE, to speak on your behalf. That's pretty sad.

Actually JA is a potential and interesting topic of an updated moral tale.
Consider the Jimmy Stewart role in the film classic "It's a Wonderful Life".

Here the ripple ill effects of a life are explored if a person were to die prematurely.

By way of comparison with Arias we have the making of "It's a Dreadful Life".
In this film we could view all the blessings and beneficial effects that would have happened if ONLY JODY ARIAS were never born.
Indeed the world would have been a better and happier place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko