Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. LWOP is a hard sentence (she might be the queen Bee during her younger years, but she would grow old and childless in prison) but I want the death penalty.

I wish HLN would adopt the style of trial reporting of the early days of CourtTv - without drama, sideshows and JVM!

Now just muting HLN until jury returns verdict - which I hope is very soon!

Here is the pic the CM didn't want us to see. Chains!

773378986.jpg

SEXY! :floorlaugh:

Me either. I don't think they should be interviewing her either, but I'm not dumb or naive enough to not know the reason why they do. Media is in this for one primary reason and it has nothing to do with justice, hurt feelings, etc. It has to do with money (ratings/clicks).

Trying to call out a reporter for doing a interview is wasting time IMO. Why shouldn't he do the interview, when it generated eyeballs to the TV? Lets do a poll on how many watched it. There is your answer on why they do them.

Good post. Jodi is hot news right now. A year from now, no one will want to interview her. Look at Scott Peterson. The media would have been all over him if he had given interviews just like they are all over Jodi. Who wants to interview him now?

Unless either one of them are willing to tell what really happened, the media won't care about them ever again.

I didn't realize the courtroom was on camera until my good friend Shelby posted. I was watching some stupid Dr. Phil reruns. Anyway, why are they showing court, then the seal, court, seal? Just stay on the courtroom already!

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 31s
Valerie is going to take media back 5 at a time to view what just went on. #JodiArias

If they recommend life the judge can sentence to life with or without parole.

On HLN Ashley Merchant is saying that JM did a reversible error by telling they Jury that JA could get out on parole one day and she thinks the Jury is scared thus wanting the definition of life.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 3m
Valerie is going to take media back 5 at a time to view what just went on. #JodiArias

When the jurors retired to their rooms to decide a sentence yesterday, the Ascendant (Rising Sign) was 6°27' Libra. The Descendant, of course was 6°27' Aries. Maurice Wemyss in his three volume Wheel of Life or Scientific Astrology gives "Life or Death" as the meaning of those degrees. No other degree in the entire zodiac is given that designation.

Yes. Jurors wanted clarification on Life sentence.

You know what...I just can't believe this. I don't want to think what I'm thinking, what are your guys thoughts on this? I really need some reassurance.

Do you have on your librarian glasses and ugly, ill-fitting shirt? ;)

Haha! :) Will some striped pajama bottoms do? Maybe I will cruise through the Starbucks drive thru and pick up a frapp!

I should try my hand at JA poetry.

I like to Von Trapp
I might never taste another frapp
My bff is Donovan Bering
and no I don't like sharing
I don't have mental issues
Someone please bring me a tissue
So I can wipe away fake tears
Been practicing for five years
Thought Troy and I had a chance to date
But now I see he's full of hate
You can believe I'm not a victim of abuse
But I'll put my prison time to good use
Even though I committed a horrible crime,
You should spare my life because it was just one time!
The reason my life should be spared
Is because I can draw and donate hair
See how valuable I am?
Maybe we can recycle those gas cans!

Hmm not bad for my first on the spot try!

Just FYI. The first tweet I got after verdict came from the Maricopa Court Twitter account.

@courtpio

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 3m

From WAT :

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

:slap:Well, as soon as I posted that, HLN Beth Karas was on the phone and said one juror was carrying a lot of food, ie salad and such. Maybe they are planning on being there through lunch!

They've come this far. Please don't hang now! :eek:

JMHO
fran

I'm hoping the food is a sign of, "Hey! We're done! Let's have a final celebratory meal together!"

Ryan Smith ‏@ryansmithtv 2m
Based on jury ?, my take: jury thinking seriously about "life", if they think she won't get out of prison. #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125