Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid, stupid, stupid question and I should know the answer by now but...

They don't have to be unanimous on the vote, do they? What are the rules on that?

apparently it was not a question from the jury.
DT wanted to have 'life' instructions reread to jury.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m
Judge brought jury in to clarify a jury instruction that was left out. #JodiArias

So . . . . hopefully a big to-do about nothing.

From WAT :

3m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

From what I just heard from Mike B. The judge was clarifying some juror instructions. #JodiArias

2m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

We are all in front of courtroom by staple lady watching what just happened. #JodiArias

43s Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Judge brought jury in to clarify a jury instruction that was left out. #JodiArias

When the jurors retired to their rooms to decide a sentence yesterday, the Ascendant (Rising Sign) was 6°27' Libra. The Descendant, of course was 6°27' Aries. Maurice Wemyss in his three volume Wheel of Life or Scientific Astrology gives "Life or Death" as the meaning of those degrees. No other degree in the entire zodiac is given that designation.

I hope this is a good sign meaning shes getting Death

What would really bother me as a juror in this case is if for some reason I spared her life, and then went home after sentencing and watched all of the interviews she has given. It would tear my heart out to know I had made such a horrendous error, and that she sucked me in.

This is exactly my thoughts last night!!:clap:

On HLN Ashley Merchant is saying that JM did a reversible error by telling they Jury that JA could get out on parole one day and she thinks the Jury is scared thus wanting the definition of life.

It's true, though, so IMO there was nothing wrong with telling them that.

I sure don't like that question from the jury ... I'm getting real nervous. Maybe the jury's just trying to eff w/her like she's eff'd w/them for the past 5 months? Jodi sure is chipper now, isn't she? And the PONYTAIL swinging to & fro. I feel sick to my stomach. What do you guys think?

Wow that was interesting. JW was telling the jury that the CM wouldn't be eligible for parole. Two pics! A huddle and people trying to get in. JSS then asked JM if he was going to be around court today and he said yes. Nurmi wanted to approach instead of answering. And people trying to get into court.

That's not true, though--the judge decides whether it's LWOP or parole chance after 25 years!

I think they just wanted some clarification of life. They hadn't even started yet according to HLN.

WAT is reporting that the jury is in the jury box. Does he mean jury room? Not sure what this means.

No they were in the Courtroom. Anytime the Jurors have a question they,the Defendant and all Lawyers are present. Each side made there argument for defintion of a Life Sentence. Back the Jurors go and will continue.

I just want clarification for myself... if they vote Life, that does NOT mean LWOP. It means no DP. It means JSS will sentence her. They do not have the ability to say LWOP so the final sentence term is up to the Judge.

Is this correct?

Lwop can be overturned at any point and convict released into society... I wish the jurors knew that. It happens all the time. Sigh....

Well I predict she'll get life. I so hope not.

Either the jury is fishing for something to make them feel okay about giving death, or they are taking her words about her family into consideration.

I have a feeling that they will give her LWOP.

Problem is that this jury DOESN'T get to decide if it's LWOP. They only get to decide if it's death or life. It's up to Judge Stephens if it's LWOP or LWP after 25 years. And with time served she could be up for parole in 20 short years. That would make her 52 if she got out in 20 years. 52 is still very young and still very capable of killing someone else.

Either the jury is fishing for something to make them feel okay about giving death, or they are taking her words about her family into consideration.

I have a feeling that they will give her LWOP.

The jury doesn't get to make that decision - it's life or death. The judge is the one who determines LWP or LWOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu