Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Kids are so nosy! When my daughter was 3 she was super curious about the tampons I would buy, and I didn't really know what else to say besides they were mama's "lady business." One day we were at a store that happened to have deodorant and "feminine" products in the same aisle. There was this poor guy looking at the tampons, as if he couldn't figure out which ones to get, and as soon as he went to reach for the box (same box I get) my daughter yelled, "Hey! Stop! Those are my mama's lady business." I tried to shoosh her and left the aisle. Sadly, we saw him again in the next check lane over from us and she said, "He's not a lady! What does he need lady business for anyways?"

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You know, that could have been my poor husband!!! I've made him buy my tampons once or twice!!:floorlaugh:

This will give CMJA one more night to pack up its belongings in a paper sack before getting shipped off to death row. I'm sure it will be a lovely long holiday weekend for her to relocate to her new cell.

Watcha think, folks? Is the jury gonna sleep on it? I'm kinda going in that direction......
With no court on Friday, I'm thinking they're going to come back with a definite decision by the end of Thursday. I hope so, anyway.

Just saw this on FB from The State Vs JA & it made me feel better:

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
A message from a member of this page. I've copied it out verbatim but have left out the poster's name. If you wish to come forward, please do so in the comments:

"I have unfortunately been in prison where she will go, and TRUST ME!!! She will NOT be the Predator..she WILL be the Prey!!! Prison is WAAAY different than that safe little jail she is in now!!! She's in for a rude awakening!!! And what she said about starting programs and clubs and helping the "illiterate" inmates..NEVER going to happen!!! She's going to be in COMPLETE isolation for AT LEAST five years, and after she manages to "program down" to a lower classification....she still needs to realize that's she's now an INMATE!! The State runs every aspect of your life, so NO she won't be contributing ANYTHING to society!! The closest she'll get is a 50 cent an hour job as a GED tutor..but that will take her YEARS and YEARS to get that "privilege". And her smug, superior attitude she has, all that's going to get her is beaten up and robbed!! So, it would be in her best interest to just SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE and get OK with the fact that as soon as that gate closes behind her at the "Perryville Complex" sign, nobody cares that she's Jodi Arias...for the rest of her disgusting life, all anyone will know about her is her INMATE NUMBER!!!"

Love it! Love it. Love it!

In Tolstoy's The Death of Ivan Illyich, there's this scene where the narrator, who has been in the prison camp for years, sees a group of new prisoners being brought in. He notices that one has defiance and anger in his face and the narrator thinks.... "Dead man"

CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 1m

The jury in the #JodiArias trial has gone home without reaching a sentencing decision. Will resume 10 a.m. tomorrow

Hope with every fiber in my body I'm wrong, but I call a hung jury. JA speech tried to reach one or two people and JA did it. I personally thought it was a Ms America pageant question, on how to save/unite the world.

While Juror's are being torn at their heart, the convicted murderer got...hair & make-up last night. Is there not something wrong with our Judicial (PLUS) system?

I have a sinking feeling in my stomach we do too. If after talking to the judge they still cant reach a verdict I think they have some real strongholds and not willing to change their mind.I hope to be wrong too. :(

Stress relief...

199706564696360556uhNQkqqpc.jpg

If you want to keep hanging out, please join us in the Sidebar Thread for the overnight conversation!

Sidebar Thread Here

With jury gone for the day, we will be locking up & cleaning up here in 10 minutes or so. Start moving it on over, peeps, and see you in the Sidebar soon!

I think I finally get it, thanks to Mr Pizza

1 The Jury gets 2 choices, Life or Death

2 The Jury is split because ultimately on the Life decision the Judge will decide on LWOP or Life which includes parole.

I think the majority wants Death and that majority cant accept the possibility of parole.

Who ever wants death just can't compromise the possibility of her getting out in 20 years.

Does that make sense? I'm sure you all have this down by now, but I'm just logging on since this all happened.

So, I am just catching up, but if they have two choices, why is everyone so mad that obviously some jurors picked one option while some chose the other?

Is it like..... "Tea and cake or death?"

"I'll take tea and cake, thanks!"

"Well, we're all out! We only had a three bits and didn't expect such a rush!"

"So my choice is 'or death?'" (Thank you, Eddie Izzard)

I mean are the jurors truly offered two choices or is that just for show and they are expected to pick death?

I'm not getting this........does DP qualified mean that they HAVE to choose the DP? But then why even deliberate? :waitasec:

Not being snarky, I really don't get it.

I think there hung because some of the jurors don't want her to have the option of getting out in 20 years, which would ultimately be left up to the Judge if they go with Life.

How disgusting a possibility is that?! That option would be greenlighting this murdering psycho's original blackmail threat of murder 2 w/ a 20 year cap.

With that plan, it wouldn't have gone to trial, so Travis Alexander's name wouldn't have been open season to smear. She wins the gd lottery if this goes down that way- 20 years PLUS having an international forum to destroy him for a second time.

I need more than a drink....I need to knock myself out with a meat mallet. :help:

OP cites AZCentral with this information...

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”
It was signed by juror No.18.

I wonder if anyone is reading the above quote like I am...

If I read the above quoted information right, it looks like the question may be related to confusion as to the forms anddocumentation process in the EVENT they cannot reach a unanimous decision, RIGHT?

I mean it just doesn't fit with this jury giving up after just a couple of hours. IDK

BBM.
IMO.
They are asking the judge what to do because they are/were unable to come
to a unanimous decision; at the time that the question was presented to the judge. I'm a bit surprised and concerned because it had only been 2 hrs. into their deliberations when they submitted the question to the judge.

You're very welcome!

last two seasons I picked the winner from the beginning, going to try for 3 in a row :)

Wow, you're good! I have to say I have agreed with all the decisions on the previous winners. This will be a nice break from the stress of the verdict watch today! Enjoy the show!

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member