Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh, yeah. It seems to me that she even facilitated his extramarital relationships-- maybe even so that SHE was not the one who had to try and satisfy his sexual proclivities. IOW, she was happy if he was happy (thank God for "throwaway" children, eh?).

:jail::jail:

Hey, they were clingy, whiny brats, who didn't listen. And they did not have to sleep in the basement. That was their bed and they chose to lie in it, according to Sarge.

Uhh, yeah. It seems to me that she even facilitated his extramarital relationships-- maybe even so that SHE was not the one who had to try and satisfy his sexual proclivities. IOW, she was happy if he was happy (thank God for "throwaway" children, eh?).

I really think that's the case. "Better them than me!!"

Yep, I thought about that, maybe she was blind as to what was going on because she was thinking that as long as she didn't have to put up with JS wanting sex with her, she would put up with anything.

I think the neighbor the mother of Victim 1 may have backfired. The mother said that her son was touched, and because of that, she'd sue. It was touch first, suit second.

He also admitted to prosecution that he 'loathed' her...some kind of grudge? that would cancel his testimony for me....

According to this Gamin article he did testify just after Dottie. (Correction to say the defense expert was a psychologist; the state expert is a psychiatrist. Thanks to J. J.)

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_second_ps.html

A second psychologist, who evaluated Jerry Sandusky on Sunday, testified this afternoon and disputed another psychologist’s claim that the 68-year-old suffers from histrionic personality disorder, and that’s why he wrote strange letters to alleged Victim 4, who was 15 at the time.

“In my opinion, they are not consistent with a personality disorder, in my opinion they are highly manipulative,” Dr. John Sebastian O’Brien II said about the letters.

O’Brien testified right after Dottie Sandusky, and almost immediately referenced what she said -- that her husband was very busy, juggled a family, a children’s charity and a high-profile football coaching job.

“He was an individual who kept all the balls in the air,” O’Brien said. “I don’t see anything in any of that information to suggest he was a person with a personality disorder that caused him any problems.”
------

The answer, according to O’Brien, is not histrionic personality disorder.

“(Personality disorders) are not something that would show up with a particular relationship. They are 24-7,” O’Brien said. “To sidestep all function of Mr. Sandusky and focus on letters is really inconsistent. It is who you are all the time.”

Bet he did keep all the balls in the air.

Yep, I'm with you on that. The tiny flicker of sympathy her physical appearance garnered completely evaporated with her testimony. She is a cruel woman, imo, and THAT will eat you alive, too. mo :maddening:

Plus the horrible strain of denial of the truth right in front of your eyes 24 hours a day...they have probably spent more time together since JS was arrested than they have in their entire marriage...

Plus trying to maintain the facade of the social position she once had and knows is now gone for good and the dread of losing everything if he is found guilty.

Even IF he is found not guilty and she gets to kept all her 'things' she knows her life will never be the same, and there is no 'out'...how could she leave now after standing up for him in public?

He also admitted to prosecution that he 'loathed' her...some kind of grudge? that would cancel his testimony for me....

Her motives are not too important, since it was her reaction to something that happened.

So we are left to believe that Jerry Sandusky, the leading candidate to replace the beloved and winning Joe Paterno took a retirement package for no apparent reason in the prime of his football career at a prestigious football program.

He, Sandusky, did look for other coaching positions, which he did not get for no stated
reasons. Sandusky then stayed at Happy Valley and was employed through Second Mile where he had a steady stream of children in distressed situations and now he is on trial for sexual assault of liars, who are needy and conniving and clingy?

Not buying what the defense is putting on here and hope the jury doesn't as well.

Shame on DS for blaming the victims of her husband's sexual abuse :furious:

I hope the jury can see through this BS. I am a little worried because there were several jurors with close ties to the University. I really hope they surprise me, and recognize the truth of what happened.

So we are left to believe that Jerry Sandusky, the leading candidate to replace the beloved and winning Joe Paterno took a retirement package for no apparent reason in the prime of his football career at a prestigious football program.

He, Sandusky, did look for other coaching positions, which he did not get for no stated
reasons. Sandusky then stayed at Happy Valley and was employed through Second Mile where he had a steady stream of children in distressed situations and now he is on trial for sexual assault of liars, who are needy and conniving and clingy?

Not buying what the defense is putting on here and hope the jury doesn't as well.

I hope the jury is chock full of people with your common sense and logic. Your post is spot on!

I just heard on CNN, that they are not sure if Jerry is going to take the stand. That worries me, because I think the defense is feeling pretty good about where they are right now. I am afraid that they feel the jury is buying some of their defense strategy. And Sarge came and called these kids out as liars, and stood her ground. I admit to being a little concerned right now. :eek:

That's good...beats the defense guy....you mean Sara made a bobo, lol....

Yes.

There is some degree snobbery. A doctorate in education (Ed D)is kind of regarded to be a lesser achievement than a doctorate of philosophy (Ph D, in psychology) or a doctorate of medicine (MD). A lot of folks would rank a doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) equal to or just below an MD.

This really does make too much of difference until you realize that there are a whole bunch of people on the jury from Penn State where this is important.

Yes.

There is some degree snobbery. A doctorate in education (Ed D)is kind of regarded to be a lesser achievement than a doctorate of philosophy (Ph D, in psychology) or a doctorate of medicine (MD). A lot of folks would rank a doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) equal to or just below an MD.

This really does make too much of difference until you realize that there are a whole bunch of people on the jury from Penn State where this is important.

As a snobby degree holder, I concur with your entire post ;)

This article gives another run down of Dottie's testimony... it finally occurred to me that her statements about interrupting Jerry and Victim #4 in the hotel dressing/bathroom during the trip to the Alamo Bowl mesh very well with the victim's testimony.

They both indicate Jerry was mad: #4 said it was because he was rebuffing Jerry's advances and Jerry threatened to take him home; whereas Dottie indicated she was told Jerry was angry because of an unwanted ticket to a luncheon that they'd already purchased.

Bottom line, Jerry was in this boy's space and in a quarrel while he was, oh, let's say doing some personal grooming, showering, dressing, etc.. The only real variation is that Dottie "saw" what she was told she was seeing.

I think this lends credibility to #4, imo.

According to CBS Pittsburgh, Dottie Sandusky was asked specifically if anything unusual happened during the Alamo Bowl. She recalled that she, Jerry and alleged "Victim 4" argued about going to a luncheon.

"I came in one day... They were in an area by the bathroom and dressing area... They were standing there... I said, 'What's going on?' "... Jerry was upset. He had asked (victim) if he wanted to go to a $50 luncheon and he said, 'Yes' and then on the day of the luncheon he refused to go and Jerry knew I would be upset."

Earlier in the trial, alleged Victim 4 testified that Dottie returned to the room during an attempted sex act in a bathroom but Dottie Sandusky testified today both were fully-clothed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ndusky-trial-dottie-sandusky-takes-the-stand/

eta: Oh, newsflash Dottie-- certain sex acts can be done fully clothed.

I just heard on CNN, that they are not sure if Jerry is going to take the stand. That worries me, because I think the defense is feeling pretty good about where they are right now. I am afraid that they feel the jury is buying some of their defense strategy. And Sarge came and called these kids out as liars, and stood her ground. I admit to being a little concerned right now. :eek:

I admit I'm a little concerned as well but I didn't think Jerry was going to testify. At least not since the timeline was announced as the defense resting at 12 noon tomorrow. There's just not enough time, so I think it was probably decided over the weekend that he wasn't going to testify. I think they are probably confident; they've definitely hit V4 pretty hard. It seems like the only thing that prosecution scored on was their psychiatrist.

I know Dottie said the kids were basically liars, connivers, clingy and needy, but she also came across(at least in the tweets) pretty badly. So, even if she called them out, if the jury feels any sympathy for the victims or believes them, I think they might not like that. She also came across as delusional. But that's my reading of tweets, lol.

But I admit I am worried that Sandusky will get away with what he did and he'll be out there, lurking and preying upon young boys again. :/

Dottie Sandusky revolted me with her testimony. I think she saw these little boys as seducers of her husband. She has no compassion at all. Of course, even though she was probably aware of the serial rapes of many young boys and did nothing, she won't be charged with anything. This trial is really getting under my skin, and I'm afraid I'm going to get another punch in the stomach at the end, just like last year at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member