Person doing a backbend or hanging upside down in dense foliage

I see what you are seeing. I had headbands like that...back in the day, lol.

Thank you for responding dsntslp. I hoped someone else saw what I saw. I had lots of those types of hard plastic headbands back in the 70's too lol.

It looks like it is hanging askew but still stuck in the hair by the little combs underneath.

I still buy those headbands at the dollar store to this day to keep my long hair away from my face when I am cleaning, or on a windy day at the beach.
I am tempted to put one in my hair and try a ('50 year old') backbend just to see what happens! However, I was very athletic back in the 70's (gymnastics, dance, cheer, baton, etc.) and recall vividly when I did backbends, my headband wouldn't fall out of my hair but would lose it's grip while upside down and end up tangled in my long hair.

Because of my memories, this is the first thing I thought of when I noticed this serpentine like object in the photo.

I do think this is a female in the photo. MOO

wm

WildHuncher, Does this victim have an injury in the RIGHT (our left) eyebrow? It looks like there is a puncture wound. Could this be why the left eyebrow looks so thick? The thickness may be due to the injury and so much thick eyebrows.

I do think this is a photo of a woman the more I look at it.

The 2 photos you placed side by side above of ballerina girl and 'person hanging upside down' made me think of something horrible.

The photo of B girl and PHUD are almost the same pose but upside down. Was RA photographing and capturing pics of the same person in life and in death in a 'mirror or rotated image'? He is a sick, sick, monster so I wouldn't put it past him to do such a thing.

Respectfully, MOO

wm

WildHuncher, Does this victim have an injury in the RIGHT (our left) eyebrow? It looks like there is a puncture wound. Could this be why the left eyebrow looks so thick? The thickness may be due to the injury and so much thick eyebrows.

There could be an injury making the inner part of the brow look thicker, yes. Another possibility: one of those thin blood trails running "up" the face in the flipped picture does appear to stop in that region. Either would produce that effect.

I can see why some people would just think that its just a male doing a back bend. I thought it was cropped because maybe his zipper was open. Then I tought it was 2 guys trying something sexual. then I thought that a weapon was being held to his head and making him do the backbend etc. etc. It wasn't until i read the various posts that I realized it was a dead female.
Lets face it there are people that do not care unless they know the person. There are those who refuse to believe that monsters like Alcala lives among us. People quickly glance at these photos and it doesn't touch them. But I think it touches us because we care, and we are trying to see if we can help identify them. I just hope that the law is checking out this site to give them clues, in identifying.

This new thread seems to address some points I and some others were making elsewhere regarding the "just a male doing a backbend and nothing else to see here" hypothesis. I appreciate the effort to provide some feedback. However, with one notable exception, the comments do not answer the mail on the objections we have raised but restate the original "nothing to see here" point, adding only an argument from numbers and/or authority.

I and others gave the male-female and crime-scene vs "nothing to see here" issues separate and detailed treatments on the other thread. Also the armpit hair question.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Man Hanging Upside Down In Dense Foliage

ETA... HOLD down CTRL '+' to 325% percent to see what I am talking about. CRTL '-' will take you back.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Man Hanging Upside Down In Dense Foliage

Man Hanging Upside Down In Dense Foliage - Page 5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I want to avoid going 'round and 'round if nothing new is being said. I'll deal with the last quoted sentence as it's been a while for that argument.

side-by-side5.jpg

When I look at the above, making allowance I didn't manage to put them at exactly the same scale, hanger and dancer have the same proportions in forearms, upper arms, you name it. They also match very well to the extent you can compare features like hairline, forehead, neck, chin, etc. An army of experts can swear the photo on the left is a muscular man and it wouldn't mean a thing against my lyin' eyes.

EEEP!! "Pretty even?" An argument from absence of evidence--from NOT seeing something--works best if NOBODY sees it. Once some substantial number of people are blowing up pictures of the a feature and passing them around, getting more people to say they don't see it won't help you with those who do.

I can see it, and my graphic editor software can see it. It's there even if a panel of experts, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, or the State of Oregon swears on a stack of bibles they can't see it. There is lividity of some sort or other over a good bit of the face and head. (But the parts that aren't red are deathly pale. "Pretty even!!??") I put the color dropper over the tops of the cheekbones and it tested bright red.

lividity.jpg

Just wrong. A well-defined, livid "down" area is strong evidence the subject is dead. Very strong evidence. The presence of such is grounds for withholding CPR and other potential lifesaving treatments. They wouldn't use it that way if it wasn't a reliable indicator. Don't take my word for it. Check the resources below.
(*** CAUTION: First link contains a gross picture. The LAST link is an image Google on "livor mortis" and is tons of gross pics.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livor_mortis

http://www.vchca.org/emspolicies/0606_Determination_of_Death_in_the_Field.sflb.ashx

http://www.google.com/search?q="dep...ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7HPIA_en

http://www.google.com/images?q=livo...&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1003&bih=567

You can't just hang upside-down and get that. You have to be dead. Somewhere there's a crime-scene photographer who disagrees, but I'm not making this up.

You can have it that the red area is blood pooling under gravity, but only if the person is dead. You can have it that the person may be alive, if the red area is a nasty bruise surrounding a nastier gash. I'm not buying exertion flush for that black thing enclosed by that red thing, never mind other problems.

I looked for a shadow, too, and agree that if a support extended to the right of the subject you could expect to see a shadow for it. That side is mostly sunny. The left side is practically all shapeless shadow. If the support is on the left, or a if it's a rope attached to a belt--or the feet, assuming the legs wearing the jeans aren't the hanger's but belong to Alcala--anything off the top of the frame, the shadow would be out of the picture to the left or lost in the mass of existing shadow on that side.

Note that NOW somebody sees redness in the face. There are areas of redness amid the pallor, yes. I agree. But just above, somebody else made an argument from not seeing anything of the sort.

I concur now as before that the head is up a little. Maybe it's just swinging freely. Maybe a badly bruised, choked person is still alive and moving it. There is no strain that I can see in the arms or the neck.

When I try relaxing my arms and dangling them, the rest position is about 1/3 forward, which corresponds well to the picture. Directly out feels a little strain and takes a small effort to hold.

This is the first time anyone arguing the "nothing to see here" position has addressed that dark region at all. Duly noted. Doesn't work for me, though. Maybe they haven't seen the enlarged, brightned pictures?

The "cutting" angle of the dark area crosses into the sunlight. In fact, it goes WAY too far in--a third of the way over the eyebrow!--to be a male's temple hair. (Maybe on Lon Chaney, Jr. This person isn't all that hairy, whatever you think of those armpits.) More importantly, there's not a hair visible in the sunlit portion OR on the part that's in shade. It's surface color.

TheWound.jpg

What is not said is also interesting. There's no mention anywhere about why or how a "live person simply doing a backbend" would be bleeding from the nose or mouth and (it appears) the far eye, with the blood trails running up the head. No speculation of what that red stripe is across the neck. (Did they only see the original, non-enlarged picture?) It's an exercise mostly in not seeing and not addressing.

Dang, I just enlarged the first 2 pics on your post of PHUD and B'girl side by side. The eye on (our) right side in both pics seem to be black. If you look real closely, the mostly obscured right eye in the PHUD looks suspicious. Is this because of photo enhancement?

WM

PS. sorry for quoting your whole post but company came for the football playoffs in the middle of posting so I was in a hurry....:crazy:

ETA: one other thing I wanted to mention for consideration. The PHUD is handing upside down, therefore the body weight/fluids are against the norm. Place a mirror on the floor and lean over it....the face looks very different from this perspective! Please don't try standing on your head while doing this unless you have a 'spotter', lol!

Hanger's pupils register as black. Other people have been creeped by this already, yes. Nobody seems to know what that comes from.

I also propose the possibility that the PHUD's (sorry I mean no disrespect in that acronym) hands are bound above (or below in reverse mirror image) the victims head on some type of horizontal pole or dowel.

What in the world was going on in this head of RA?

This new thread seems to address some points I and some others were making elsewhere regarding the "just a male doing a backbend and nothing else to see here" hypothesis. I appreciate the effort to provide some feedback. However, with one notable exception, the comments do not answer the mail on the objections we have raised but restate the original "nothing to see here" point, adding only an argument from numbers and/or authority.

I and others gave the male-female and crime-scene vs "nothing to see here" issues separate and detailed treatments on the other thread. Also the armpit hair question.

Man Hanging Upside Down In Dense Foliage - Page 5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I want to avoid going 'round and 'round if nothing new is being said. I'll deal with the last quoted sentence as it's been a while for that argument.

side-by-side5.jpg

When I look at the above, making allowance I didn't manage to put them at exactly the same scale, hanger and dancer have the same proportions in forearms, upper arms, you name it. They also match very well to the extent you can compare features like hairline, forehead, neck, chin, etc. An army of experts can swear the photo on the left is a muscular man and it wouldn't mean a thing against my lyin' eyes.

EEEP!! "Pretty even?" An argument from absence of evidence--from NOT seeing something--works best if NOBODY sees it. Once some substantial number of people are blowing up pictures of the a feature and passing them around, getting more people to say they don't see it won't help you with those who do.

I can see it, and my graphic editor software can see it. It's there even if a panel of experts, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, or the State of Oregon swears on a stack of bibles they can't see it. There is lividity of some sort or other over a good bit of the face and head. (But the parts that aren't red are deathly pale. "Pretty even!!??") I put the color dropper over the tops of the cheekbones and it tested bright red.

lividity.jpg

Just wrong. A well-defined, livid "down" area is strong evidence the subject is dead. Very strong evidence. The presence of such is grounds for withholding CPR and other potential lifesaving treatments. They wouldn't use it that way if it wasn't a reliable indicator. Don't take my word for it. Check the resources below.
(*** CAUTION: First link contains a gross picture. The LAST link is an image Google on "livor mortis" and is tons of gross pics.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livor_mortis

http://www.vchca.org/emspolicies/0606_Determination_of_Death_in_the_Field.sflb.ashx

http://www.google.com/search?q="dep...ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7HPIA_en

http://www.google.com/images?q=livo...&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1003&bih=567

You can't just hang upside-down and get that. You have to be dead. Somewhere there's a crime-scene photographer who disagrees, but I'm not making this up.

You can have it that the red area is blood pooling under gravity, but only if the person is dead. You can have it that the person may be alive, if the red area is a nasty bruise surrounding a nastier gash. I'm not buying exertion flush for that black thing enclosed by that red thing, never mind other problems.

I looked for a shadow, too, and agree that if a support extended to the right of the subject you could expect to see a shadow for it. That side is mostly sunny. The left side is practically all shapeless shadow. If the support is on the left, or a if it's a rope attached to a belt--or the feet, assuming the legs wearing the jeans aren't the hanger's but belong to Alcala--anything off the top of the frame, the shadow would be out of the picture to the left or lost in the mass of existing shadow on that side.

Note that NOW somebody sees redness in the face. There are areas of redness amid the pallor, yes. I agree. But just above, somebody else made an argument from not seeing anything of the sort.

I concur now as before that the head is up a little. Maybe it's just swinging freely. Maybe a badly bruised, choked person is still alive and moving it. There is no strain that I can see in the arms or the neck.

When I try relaxing my arms and dangling them, the rest position is about 1/3 forward, which corresponds well to the picture. Directly out feels a little strain and takes a small effort to hold.

This is the first time anyone arguing the "nothing to see here" position has addressed that dark region at all. Duly noted. Doesn't work for me, though. Maybe they haven't seen the enlarged, brightned pictures?

The "cutting" angle of the dark area crosses into the sunlight. In fact, it goes WAY too far in--a third of the way over the eyebrow!--to be a male's temple hair. (Maybe on Lon Chaney, Jr. This person isn't all that hairy, whatever you think of those armpits.) More importantly, there's not a hair visible in the sunlit portion OR on the part that's in shade. It's surface color.

TheWound.jpg

What is not said is also interesting. There's no mention anywhere about why or how a "live person simply doing a backbend" would be bleeding from the nose or mouth and (it appears) the far eye, with the blood trails running up the head. No speculation of what that red stripe is across the neck. (Did they only see the original, non-enlarged picture?) It's an exercise mostly in not seeing and not addressing.

Hey, Wildhuncher...don't shoot the messenger...okay?

I will offer up that this is the most puzzling photo in the group by far, but there are a couple of things that make me have the gut feeling that LE has seen a number of deceased people, and that they would not release a photo to the public of a deceased person...male or female. I originally thought this photo was a female because of the cropping. But, we've seen from the cropping of other photos that this isn't consistent.

I will tell you that I am going to recreate this photo once the weather gets a little nicer and try to get similar wooded area, etc. I guarantee you that you will see things in my photo that look similar to some of the artifacts that you see here. In a low rez photo, artifacts look like things that are not really there and, if you combine it with shadowing of leaves and other factors, you will probably think my photo looks like a dead person too.

I don't really know if this is male or female. I don't know if this person is in the middle of being tortured or murdered even. But I do feel that this is a person doing a back bend....maybe after being tortured and ordered to do so, but the arms are not loose and limp and, where is the shadow from the limb or whatever that the person is supposedly "hanging from?"

These are my perceptions and in my professional career, I've seen shadows and artifacts that make photos appear something that they are not.

Could the feet have been photoshop along with the branches across the mouth? YES, I know I am beating a dead horse, and I need to move on because everything to be said about this pic has been exhausted. But there is just something about the photo that keeps nagging at me. I am wondering if RA photograped himself doing something, perverse, sexual to the body. Was the jeans legs located at another part of the pic? Was the legs pantless, and substituted for legs wearing jeans? Was there some kind of sexual mutilation involved? Why is the branch conveniently across the alleged victims mouth? Something seems fishy to me.

Could the feet have been photoshop along with the branches across the mouth? YES, I know I am beating a dead horse, and I need to move on because everything to be said about this pic has been exhausted. But there is just something about the photo that keeps nagging at me. I am wondering if RA photograped himself doing something, perverse, sexual to the body. Was the jeans legs located at another part of the pic? Was the legs pantless, and substituted for legs wearing jeans? Was there some kind of sexual mutilation involved? Why is the branch conveniently across the alleged victims mouth? Something seems fishy to me.

Alcala for sure didn't photoshop the pictures as they have been in police custody since 1979. Computers were mostly still rather large affairs owned by banks and other institutions. It was another world.

The only detectable thing the police have done is to crop the pictures remorselessly. To repeat a beef I've made before, cropping seems to be the only trick they know. They never blur or bar over the nudity, which would preserve other useful information such as WHETHER THERE'S ANYTHING HOLDING THIS PERSON UP!! [/rant]

I agree with those who think this thread should somehow be merged with the other one. People have done a lot of work regarding this photo and it can get tiresome having the same questions come up over and over. How do we go about this? Just ask a moderator if they can be merged? I think those of us who have been here since the beginning have taken these pictures about as far as they can go unless some new information comes in. I would hate to see all our hard work muddled for anyone who would like to research these pictures in the future. Somewhere on the first thread someone said they would never include pictures of dead people and I provided a link where LE said there are two pictures of dead people in this collection. I believe the monster himself has posted here in the past. Since he is his own attorney he does have access to computers. I would imagine he delights in all the attention he is getting.

I said in the other thread that I didn't think it was blood, I still think it is a small twig. I also said in the other thread that he was alive and provided a much detailed reason why.

I suppose I was remiss in not soliciting your reaction when I made this post later.

It contains a link to this image:

Unhappy_Trails.jpg

Oh, well! Better late than never. How much of that is the twig?

In my experience I don't feel like blood is pooling at the forehead. For one thing, there is nothing pressing against the forehead, another thing it's just in that area and unless somehow he/she was laying on his/her side with just that area press against the ground, but then you would see pooling on the side of the face and there isn't any.

You wouldn't expect anything pressing on the red areas. Pressure on the skin produces white areas within the pooling regions. Lividity takes about 20 minutes to get started and continues a few hours before congealing of the blood stops all flow, fixing whatever pattern exists at that time. I provided some links on the subject up the thread.

It's too bad you can't see the hands in this picture. If they're red, it's over. If not, probably not.

I agree with those who think this thread should somehow be merged with the other one. People have done a lot of work regarding this photo and it can get tiresome having the same questions come up over and over. How do we go about this? Just ask a moderator if they can be merged? I think those of us who have been here since the beginning have taken these pictures about as far as they can go unless some new information comes in. I would hate to see all our hard work muddled for anyone who would like to research these pictures in the future.

Somewhere on the first thread someone said they would never include pictures of dead people and I provided a link where LE said there are two pictures of dead people in this collection.

To the first part, yes. That's what I've done for threads in other parts of the site.

For the 2nd part, IIRC LE said there were pictures of dead people in the collection as a whole, but they haven't said specifically if there were any among those released to the public. I tend to think they would hold those back, but I may be wrong.

It is really hard to tell. It is an awfully straight line.

Something else weird. It's faint but it looks like a finger-painted X or swastika (in blood?) on the forehead. The lower branches basically connect the eyebrows.

ForeheadFeatures.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people don't see anything, but let 'er rip!

I actually wondered if LE might have photoshop the photo ? Could RA have even cut off the victim's legs and stuck it there. Wouldn't put it past Alcala.

Something else weird. It's faint but it looks like a finger-painted X or swastika (in blood?) on the forehead. The lower branches basically connect the eyebrows.

ForeheadFeatures.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people don't see anything, but let 'er rip!

Don't see a swastika but I see a circle within a circle. Obvious bump on the head. Could it be a bump within a bump?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back