Person doing a backbend or hanging upside down in dense foliage

WildHuncher, your diagram definitely looks possible but, like you, I haven't ruled out that this is a backbend either. The position of the arms does suggest they're supporting weight.

I strongly believe this isn't the entire photo LE found in Alcala's locker and that it was cropped for nudity, not to hide ropes or other evidence of torture. Alcala wouldn't have missed a chance to include nudity to further degrade the person -- after all, he was known for posing his nude victims toward the doorway of their apartments so they'd be degraded even in death when their bodies were found.

I mentioned this several pages back, but I also believe LE had a strong reason to believe this person was alive and conscious at the time the photo was taken. Including a post-mortem photo among the others they released wouldn't make sense, and from the articles it appears they have plenty of photos where the subjects appear to be unconscious.

One of the articles on the pictures stated that there were two pictures of dead people. Don't remember which one offhand. I can try to look it up.

I hope I'm not being a pain in the ask, but from the first time I saw this picture I thought man doing backbend. I have never been able to look at this picture and see how someone can think this is a female. When this person is referred to as "she" it always throws me, confuses me. Do you suppose when we refer to this person we could refer to them as he/she. Otherwise I do confuse the comments with those about the helmet woman?

I hope I'm not being a pain in the ask, but from the first time I saw this picture I thought man doing backbend. I have never been able to look at this picture and see how someone can think this is a female. When this person is referred to as "she" it always throws me, confuses me. Do you suppose when we refer to this person we could refer to them as he/she. Otherwise I do confuse the comments with those about the helmet woman?

You know there is such controversy about that I was trying to do just that in my posts. Then it seemed like most everyone agreed it was a woman so I quit and went with the flow. I'm still saying it's possible that this person can be male (though my gut says female), I think the best thing is no matter what someone calls the unidentified person, just keep your mind open. On the other hand, someone could always contact the HBPD and ask, after all they did put this pictures out there to task for ID right?

I agree Redbird. All I see is a man doing a backbend. I don't see any of the things people are pointing out and I studied it for a while. Of course his face looks funny, most people's do with the strain of a backbend and being upside down...lol! I don't notice any bruising or blood pooling or whatever. It does seem like a weird place to do a backbend but we don't know any of the circumstances around the photo.

Pain in the "ask".:D

I know what you mean Redbird. It does get a tad confusing.

If the person is truly doing a backbend, I would vote for female. I've never known a man (even a gymnast) to do a backbend.

I don't think a person could bend with arms and legs that close together for a backbend. He would break in half! I think this was posed. I think the only reason this matters is to be able to eliminate one sex when looking through the missing and unidentified websites. When I looked through Namus, etc there are a number of unid'd men from CA during that time period, but they don't have a picture or reconstruction or anything. So it's hard to get very far with them.

Plus, when you do a backbend (aka bridge), you typically push through your shoulders. Meaning your shoulders and wrists are in much more a straight line. Also, when doing a backbend, you usually look down at the ground, not straight out with your head aligned with the shoulders.

I don't know what is going on in this photo, but I'm pretty sure this person is not doing a backbend.

I don't think a person could bend with arms and legs that close together for a backbend. He would break in half! I think this was posed. I think the only reason this matters is to be able to eliminate one sex when looking through the missing and unidentified websites. When I looked through Namus, etc there are a number of unid'd men from CA during that time period, but they don't have a picture or reconstruction or anything. So it's hard to get very far with them.

I looked at this picture and he has what looks like a "FISHEYE"
in otherwords it has been popped out of the socket along with the
skull injury.
Just focaus on the face and head nearest the back.
If somebody could take the color away I think PHOTOSHOPPING it balck and white with only lines would do the trick.
This man has been bashed in his head and the skull is cracked.
Looks like a hatchet to me did this to him.
Also as I has said before he looks like he was laid on a low tree trunk or some sort of thing like that.
Those legws with the jeans the foot is facing left to right the toes look very turned making this man in too much of an impossible
position to be doing a backbend.
I think this is a young man but I am confused at to eye color and
hair color.
Definatey dead though...
as other forum memebers who posted before me.
There appears to be blood all over this man's head and face.
I say he was killed and strung up this way....
and posed for a picture.
if somebody could get a picture from the web of a guy doing a backbend
like this we could compare.
Regardless?
how will he be identified?

I looked at this picture and he has what looks like a "FISHEYE"
in otherwords it has been popped out of the socket along with the
skull injury.
Just focaus on the face and head nearest the back.
If somebody could take the color away I think PHOTOSHOPPING it balck and white with only lines would do the trick.
This man has been bashed in his head and the skull is cracked.
Looks like a hatchet to me did this to him.
Also as I has said before he looks like he was laid on a low tree trunk or some sort of thing like that.
Those legws with the jeans the foot is facing left to right the toes look very turned making this man in too much of an impossible
position to be doing a backbend.
I think this is a young man but I am confused at to eye color and
hair color.
Definatey dead though...
as other forum memebers who posted before me.
There appears to be blood all over this man's head and face.
I say he was killed and strung up this way....
and posed for a picture.
if somebody could get a picture from the web of a guy doing a backbend
like this we could compare.
Regardless?
how will he be identified?

1490328.jpg

Video of male backbend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRIQuO58jnI

33dcpbp.jpg

Yeah, thats not creepy at all.

The side of his/her face looks really bad - starting with the bump on his/her forehead to the bridge of his nose/eye socket area has convinced me this person was dead or dying.

The eye thing is weird too - I blew up the photo and checked the html color code for the entire eye, dragging the mouse over the eye to see if they color changed at all and it didnt - it was completely black.

Very good. The guy in the video has muscular arms but he needs to keep them under his shoulders. Your hands need to be under your weight or you're fighting crazy leverage. You don't have to do a backbend to experience this. Just try doing a pushup with your hands out in front of your weight. It's not utterly impossible but it's way, way harder.

It would take an incredible lot of arm/shoulder strength to do a backbend with your hands out like the person in the photo. And the person in the photo is ...uhh... completely relaxed. Video guy's arms tense like crazy.

(Later edit )
Then again, it's not impossible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbl91mCSiMg

On the other hand, Video Guy's face sure does get red. But it's evenly red all over.

In black and white, the goose egg on his forehead is much more noticeable.

This picture is really, really unsettling. I do think this is a man. I do think he is deceased in this picture. I'm not sure what to make out of the image as a whole though. I mean, that is definately blood running down his face and there is no light of life in his eyes. There would be no way to identify this man from this picture because of the lack of information we can glean from it. :(

33dcpbp.jpg

Yeah, thats not creepy at all.

The side of his/her face looks really bad - starting with the bump on his/her forehead to the bridge of his nose/eye socket area has convinced me this person was dead or dying.

The eye thing is weird too - I blew up the photo and checked the html color code for the entire eye, dragging the mouse over the eye to see if they color changed at all and it didnt - it was completely black.

I did NOT check this man's dates etc.
I am just sayinf he looks a lot like this guy to me his name is
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/campbell_scott.html

SCOTT MURRAY CAMPBELL

HE may have many MISSING webpages posts?
Sure has the same face & eyebrows tho

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat
Back