Personal Experience, Family and Friends

According to this article, Lycos and Yahoo sifts through a number of missing person sites from Katrina looking for the names you enter. Thus you will be searching for the person you enter at multiple sites at once. The Lycos search even allows you to suggest more sites to search. Looks like a good option for those searching for people from Katrina.
http://www.lycos.com/katrina/
http://boards.news.yahoo.com/boards/

The article: http://www.webpronews.com/insidesea...osYahooProvideKatrinaMissingPersonSearch.html

Thanks Mysteriew. I checked but no luck so far.

I am thinking and hoping people like my uncle evacuated and are staying with friends.
My hubby is in Fouchaues (sp) in port and he has a hard time getting out on his cell phone still, so I know phone calls are still difficult.
On an encouraging note he did say areas are being cleaned up quickly where he is, and they are getting electricity and cell towers back on line.

I've located most of the people I know, including my 1st husband, although about 5 remain unaccounted for. Most are in Texas, or headed in that direction.
One went from the SuperDome to the AstroDome to Nashville. Another is in the Cajun Dome in Lafayette, while his mother in a private residence in Baton Rouge. Another is across the lake in Covingtonw ith his mother (at least i assume she's still alive). Another made it back home to Arkansas, while another escaped after the 1st with her dogs & cats. One left town with a friend along River Road--and made sure he was packing heat when he left. I am resigned to the fact I may NEVER know what happened to a couple of people, one way or another.

BillyGoatGruff said:
I've located most of the people I know, including my 1st husband, although about 5 remain unaccounted for. Most are in Texas, or headed in that direction.
One went from the SuperDome to the AstroDome to Nashville. Another is in the Cajun Dome in Lafayette, while his mother in a private residence in Baton Rouge. Another is across the lake in Covingtonw ith his mother (at least i assume she's still alive). Another made it back home to Arkansas, while another escaped after the 1st with her dogs & cats. One left town with a friend along River Road--and made sure he was packing heat when he left. I am resigned to the fact I may NEVER know what happened to a couple of people, one way or another.

Me too. There are some that are deflected so to speak. The some who don't want to be found.Or the some no one is really looking for. I check the links all the time but I don't know what happened to people I haven't heard from in years or where they could be.

Word of Warning To Those Volunteering At Larger Shelters:
My best friend's sister-in-law (who is a medic) went to the AstroDome with her best friend from college (a physician) about 2 weeks ago. The psychician went to the ladies room roughly 45 minutes after getting to the AstroDome, and was raped in one of the stalls. If you are a woman volunteering at the larger shelters, please make sure to take at least one buddy with you to the rest room, and watch each other's back.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binkabish
Back