GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it's beginning to make more sense. I thought it was strange that Anita did a Dutch interview but parts of it were in English. It seems clear now after reading that, that it was done with the intent to sell it to the American media. Buying the rights to air the segment that was in English for the American audience but outside of the US the Dutch retain the rights not ABC.

Yes... this was after she said she wouldn't speak to the American media because she didn't trust it. Apparently it's okay to profit from it, though.

Yes... this was after she said she wouldn't speak to the American media because she didn't trust it. Apparently it's okay to profit from it, though.

Maybe she has no money to pay for Joran's lawyers or "jail" money. That probably made a turn around in those thoughts.

I agree it is not very appealing though.

Did you read the information I posted? That's just a small sample, there is a lot more information from different sources all about human trafficking if you wanted to read about it. It isn't just about whether or not prostitution is legal.

here are a few more links.
http://www.expatica.com/nl/news/local_news/Increase-in-human-trafficking-in-Netherlands_49349.html

http://english.bnrm.nl/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3071965/
From the msnbc link

In the heart of Europe
Farther along the trafficking pipeline, hundreds of women and girls are smuggled into Europe every day and forced onto the streets of cities like Hamburg, Paris, London and Amsterdam.

I believe you are right. We don't know about the "underground" in this "occupation" either. I'm sure all the prostitution in the Netherlands is not all on the up and up IKWIM, and you can never tell who has their dirty little hands in it.

Joran intended to put the dancing Thai women in street level windows as prostitutes. That much is clear (in any language) from the beginning of the de Vries documentary. If these women did not want to dance and be prostitutes, how was he going to prevent those women from asking for help, or just quitting?

But how is that propaganda?

It says due to rights or contractual limitations. ABC didn't own the interview, they bought the rights to air it. It seems to me that if what was shown only in the US was due to rights or contractual limitations it would be because of whatever was agreed upon when they bought the rights to broadcast it. I don't see propaganda and i don't see where the problem lies, it looks fairly clear to me.

Why is the edited ABC News video not approved for distribution outside of the US? Is there some problem with the content?

Now it's beginning to make more sense. I thought it was strange that Anita did a Dutch interview but parts of it were in English. It seems clear now after reading that, that it was done with the intent to sell it to the American media. Buying the rights to air the segment that was in English for the American audience but outside of the US the Dutch retain the rights not ABC.

Maybe you should watch the original video and see what was actually said.

Why is the edited ABC News video not approved for distribution outside of the US? Is there some problem with the content?

What was in the contract when ABC bought the rights to broadcast it from the Dutch media who owned the interview?

What does contractual limitations or rights mean?

The video that is at the USA Today site can also be seen at the ABC Good Morning America site where it originally aired.

It is a report by ABC News that aired on Good Morning America that uses portions of the interview that Anita gave to the Dutch news. Most of the video is in English, including parts of her Dutch interview, a couple of topics are in Dutch with a voice over translation so that we who neither speak nor understand Dutch can actually hear what she was saying.

Video and Story here:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/joran-van-der-sloots-mother-punished-involved-peru/story?id=10986211

For anyone who wants to look for it, there are also portions shown on the next days GMA and on Nightline.

Joran intended to put the dancing Thai women in street level windows as prostitutes. That much is clear (in any language) from the beginning of the de Vries documentary. If these women did not want to dance and be prostitutes, how was he going to prevent those women from asking for help, or just quitting?

. Seems the fear of threats and terror work very well for keeping them captive and tight lipped.....they are thousands of miles from home. And just because it's legal, I don't think they all are paraded around in little glass faced cubicles, but he!!holes at a much cheaper price. They could be shipped/traded anywhere too, once they are under "whoever's" control; at a profit, of course.

Maybe you should watch the original video and see what was actually said.

I'm not trying to be argumentative and no disrespect intended but it gets to be like guess the riddle. If there is something you want to say can you just say it?

Are you saying that you watched the entire Dutch and English version and the English part is doctored or edited improperly?

Did Anita's words change from the original video?

The video that is at the USA Today site can also be seen at the ABC Good Morning America site where it originally aired.

It is a report by ABC News that aired on Good Morning America that uses portions of the interview that Anita gave to the Dutch news. Most of the video is in English, including parts of her Dutch interview, a couple of topics are in Dutch with a voice over translation so that we who neither speak nor understand Dutch can actually hear what she was saying.

Video and Story here:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/joran-van-der-sloots-mother-punished-involved-peru/story?id=10986211

For anyone who wants to look for it, there are also portions shown on the next days GMA and on Nightline.

Thanks for the link. Little off the gist of the interview, but it was for Anita's benefit. There were no pressing questions, just her story. No one has asked her about Joran's dye job, etc. or hard pressed questions. IMO

What was in the contract when ABC bought the rights to broadcast it from the Dutch media who owned the interview?

What does contractual limitations or rights mean?

Who knows! All I know is that due to contractual limitations, whatever snippets of the interview ABC News put together for local distribution is not permitted to be distributed anywhere else.

When I have some time, I'll have a look at the original again and see if I can find the segment where Anita discusses contact with Joran before and after the murder.

Video and Story here:

Thanks, but that is also restricted.

Who knows! All I know is that due to contractual limitations, whatever snippets of the interview ABC News put together for local distribution is not permitted to be distributed anywhere else.

When I have some time, I'll have a look at the original again and see if I can find the segment where Anita discusses contact with Joran before and after the murder.

Contractual limitations means just that, there are limits according to their contract. What else would it mean? The contract between ABC to purchase the rights would have been written up and signed before it was able to be released or aired. And that video was on GMA, GMA always just airs snippets on their program segments.

So there's no way that that ABC not being able to release it outside of the US would have anything to do with how they edited the video for airing after the fact, it would have already been set up that way from the outset. So if there was any propaganda it would have come from the Dutch side.

Not so. Access to ABC News is normally widely available, but this edited version of the interview is not available except in the US. The original interview is available internationally.

restrictedvideo.jpg

You keep saying that the ABC portion of the original interview isn't permitted anywhere outside the US when clearly it says, "this video is not available in certain territories outside the US". Since we're not privy to the actual contractual agreement, we don't know exactly what that means. But I think it's a stretch to go from 'certain territories' to 'anywhere outside the US', IMO. And I certainly don't see how any of it equates to propaganda.

I'm not sure why we're having the great debate over whether JVS had a cell phone in the taxi or not anyway. What difference does it make in the overall picture? But for the sake of playing along, I'll go with what his mother says.

MOO

I suppose I should have been saving and organizing all the past information, but I didn't. Wasn't it well established that Joran had a cell phone with him all the way until he was detained in Chile, but that the sim card was found missing from it?

Hi all, hope you are well.

I haven't posted here in a while but have kept up with case...just didn't have much to add until now:

John Ludwick posted on his Facebook page that he is filming a documentary for CBS productions to be aired sometime in August. Aline Hibbert mentioned she will be in the documentary also. So, I presume it's about JVDS.

I guess that means, according to the taxi drivers, that during the trip between Peru and Chile Joran was chain smoking, sleeping, taking out and putting away his laptop, using his cell phone, and he didn't have a cell phone.

"He gave a truck driver 1,500 Peruvian soles ($525) to take him from Ica, a town south of Lima, to the Chilean border, the driver, Luis Aparcana, said in a TV interview. He said van der Sloot didn't speak Spanish very well and carried two suitcases.

Aparcana said van der Sloot "was worried because he kept smoking cigarettes. He didn't have a cell phone but he had a laptop that he would take out, handle and then put back."

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=7476927

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20009554-504083.html

Van der Sloot ditches sim card.

Hi all, hope you are well.

I haven't posted here in a while but have kept up with case...just didn't have much to add until now:

John Ludwick posted on his Facebook page that he is filming a documentary for CBS productions to be aired sometime in August. Aline Hibbert mentioned she will be in the documentary also. So, I presume it's about JVDS.

Hi Irish...

Yeah, I saw that about a week ago. He describes himself as "Star of A&E's 'Who is Joran Vandersloot' Documentary", 'CNN contributor' and a 'Verified Official Celebrity'. :dance: lolol His parents must be so proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay