Police find suspect Steven Stephens in Facebook Live homicide dead in Erie PA

I'm surprised he hasn't been tracked down either.
IMO if it takes more than 24 hours it's probably because he's dead in the woods or something.
LE stays quiet about stuff. Im wondering if they're tracking his cell phone pings.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I feel so edgy right now, I have to go out and am very close to Toledo, Ohio II am in Michigan) ..... he could easily come north and be close to where I am. I know I will be looking at every white car I see (and particularly newer Fusions).

I did not expect it to take this long to track him down. Scary situation.

You'll be fine, Spelly. We'll pray for you. I was thinking with the timing yesterday, many were out with family, chasing kids, getting exhausted and going straight to bed early. There are probably a lot who did not even know about this until this morning. With daylight and everyone in the area being on the lookout , he cannot hide for long.

I feel so edgy right now, I have to go out and am very close to Toledo, Ohio II am in Michigan) ..... he could easily come north and be close to where I am. I know I will be looking at every white car I see (and particularly newer Fusions).

I did did not expect it to take this long to track him down. Scary situation.

Hello Spellbound

The good thing for anyone to remember is the sheer odds of running into him are astronomical. So that should help calm most.

Its good to be aware of people that get close to you but its more important to keep eyes on road for traffic when driving so you dont get into a needless accident.

The peripheal vision can help you notice any white cars that get too close to you so you dont have to constantly look at vehicles while driving.

Stay safe driving and you should be ok because the odds are so great that you most likely wont get near him.

Last night sometime after 9pm he changed the status on his IG account. (Which has since been removed, account was gone this morning)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IG_4_17_17_915pm.jpg
    IG_4_17_17_915pm.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 482
  • EditIG_4_17_17_209am.jpg
    EditIG_4_17_17_209am.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 503
Here's the presser from this morning if anyone wants to watch it (again)

[video=twitter;853956440964251650]https://twitter.com/CLEpolice/status/853956440964251650[/video]

His Instagram post number changed from a few to 175 posts though. Not sure if the newer one is him. Whiskers found one earlier that seems to link to him.

[FONT=&amp]Mayor Frank Jackson also spoke directly to Stephens.

A madman who has just "lost it" isn't concerned about calling off from work in advance!!

There is something juvenile about him imo

He mentioned wanting to kill fraternity members - wonder if he had social issues in that setting?

Kinda think he was religious and went to church - in presser mentioned he knew several[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]clergy folks

His work setting :

[/FONT]

• Foster care and adoption
  • Family preservation
  • Outpatient counseling
  • School-based mental health services
  • Community-based services for at-risk youth
  • Parent support and education
  • Prevention and early intervention services
  • Early childhood services
  • ACT Team for transitional youth
  • Mentoring

They do have a residential program. Like most agencies, they branched out into back then what we called in-home counseling. I did it about three weeks and resigned. I found that therapy being delivered just like a large pizza pie removed the caretakers' authentic desire to make change. No investment.Mom would come racing in from work, I am there. We have an hour. Mom is just getting home from the office. She was herself trying to decomp from her day. It was non-focused sessions. If a caretaker was authentically interested and invested in their issues they make it a priority. The real "want" or belief of the in home concept was to hopefully intervene before their behaviors became more serious. But the truth is these were already very troubled youth, had been in contact with mental health / LE already - how else would the family system have been connected into the system - by having issues. It was exhausting work, traffic, driving into dangerous areas, the documentation loads were intense. If mom did not make it home in time you made nothing, used your gas, and were sitting in dangerous high crime settings.

Therapist turn over (above mentioned) was unreal. SO even if the premise had any viable clinical potential, starting over with a new therapist, (for both the parent and child ) every four weeks goes pretty well nowhere in and of itself. To get these services the family system would already be hooked in to social services. In that setting, the turn over is unreal also. SO basically these poor family systems were endlessly forced to start over and over with their case managers, their therapists, on and on.

He was a case manger . Case management positions are low paying and primarily deal with the paperwork.

His position- high burn out - endless staff turnover on his end also makes his position harder and harder cause the remaining ones would have to cover for the cases that the other case manager just quit.

Throw in us having to resign all the time made it harder fdor the case manager'ss as well.It is an endless cycle of disarray.When the system is supposed to be helping family systems in disarray.

When the system is in total disarray itself it is really a no win proposition that does not help much.

It may have gotten more together (doubtful) my experience with it was when it was just rolling out .

also dealing with relentless funding changes etc etc

moo

[FONT=&amp]In one of his videos, Stephens blamed his workplace for driving him to kill people.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]A bit of a stretch.. [/FONT]Case management = [FONT=&amp] is a burn out, going nowhere position.

[/FONT]http://heavy.com/news/2017/04/stevie-steve-stephens-cleveland-facebook-live-video-shooting-shooter-gunman-killer-photos-pictures-victims/[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]https://www.beechbrook.org/home/about-us/history/[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

I'm pretty sure the IG is still there, just private.
On that note though, there are several.
a8b28e32360d54ef374004e43da4edb6.jpg

Are you sure that Instagram was actually him? I think a lot of weird people were creating fake accounts pretending to be him. I am sure police would be able to track him easier if he was updating his Instagram bio throughout the night or whatever.

Can't be sure but that IG had a number of posts on it. The others (obvious fakes) only had a few posts.
Are you sure that Instagram was actually him? I think a lot of weird people were creating fake accounts pretending to be him.

~

You'll be fine, Spelly. We'll pray for you. I was thinking with the timing yesterday, many were out with family, chasing kids, getting exhausted and going straight to bed early. There are probably a lot who did not even know about this until this morning. With daylight and everyone in the area being on the lookout , he cannot hide for long.

Hello Spellbound

The good thing for anyone to remember is the sheer odds of running into him are astronomical. So that should help calm most.

Its good to be aware of people that get close to you but its more important to keep eyes on road for traffic when driving so you dont get into a needless accident.

The peripheal vision can help you notice any white cars that get too close to you so you dont have to constantly look at vehicles while driving.

Stay safe driving and you should be ok because the odds are so great that you most likely wont get near him.

I do know that. I just think I will be so hyper-aware of any white vehicles today. I am not usually this edgy when there are police alerts like this. Not that we have many in thus immediate area, but we have had helicopter searches before.

Thank you for for the concern and support, Schmae (auto-correct keeps changing your name to Schwartz) and Hatfield. :hug:
[FONT=&amp]

He mentioned wanting to kill fraternity members - wonder if he had social issues in that setting?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Snipped by me for brevity...
Some of his fraternity brothers spoke to a reporter, mainly about the mental illness angle. a Video here
http://fox8.com/2017/04/16/fraternity-brothers-of-murder-suspect-are-shocked-by-crime/

Last night sometime after 9pm he changed the status on his IG account. (Which has since been removed, account was gone this morning)

attachment.php
attachment.php

On instagram what does that mean imply etc?

I wonder if he made a new FB? I mean it wouldn't be hard.
If he wanted so much attention that seems like something he might do. Being that there are no new pages out there (I think they would have been found by now) it makes me wonder if he's just gone totally silent, or he's dead.

Quite honestly I don't see him coming out alive.

Suspect Steve Stephens, 37, stands charged with Sunday's aggravated murder of 74-year-old Robert Godwin, and authorities say he could be in Pennsylvania, New York, Indiana or Michigan.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/17/us/cleveland-facebook-homicide-video/

View image on Twitter

Follow

Rep. Marcia L. Fudge
✔@RepMarciaFudge

My sincere condolences to the family of Robert Godwin, Sr. Mr. Godwin meant so much to so many & will be missed. Praying for peace in #OH11.

[FONT=&quot]Jackson, 47, said Stephens mentored foster kids — Beech Brook, a children's mental health center, confirmed his employment — and described him as a quiet guy with a good heart who'd never shown a sliver of aggression. He does not have a criminal record, Williams said — just motor vehicle violations.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/manhunt-cleveland-after-video-killing-posted-facebook-n747166

[/FONT]
Who is the victim?
Godwin was a retired foundry worker who is survived by nine children, 14 grandchildren and several great-grandchildren, one of his sons told Cleveland.com. Godwin often collected cans on the street, Robert Godwin Jr. said. Godwin Jr. said he saw his father Sunday morning, hours before the fatal shooting. “He hugged my wife and me and said 'I'll see you guys next time,'” the son recalled.Godwin Jr. said he hasn’t been able to summon the strength to watch the video of his father’s shooting death. "I don't really want to see it,” he said.

http://time.com/4742204/steve-stephens-cleveland-shooting-facebook/

Seems he is taunting everyone. I'm not seeing him surrendering peacefully either.

I wonder if he made a new FB? I mean it wouldn't be hard.
If he wanted so much attention that seems like something he might do. Being that there are no new pages out there (I think they would have been found by now) it makes me wonder if he's just gone totally silent, or he's dead.

Quite honestly I don't see him coming out alive.

Do they think he has left Ohio? The reason I ask is I've had helicopters zooming my woods twice today. Last time about 15 minutes ago. I'm in Champaign County.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/manhunt-cleveland-after-video-killing-posted-facebook-n747166

Robert Godwin Jr., the victim's son, told Cleveland.com he couldn't bring himself to watch the disturbing video. "I haven't even looked at my cellphone or the news," Godwin said. "I don't really want to see it." Godwin Jr., 48, said he rushed to the scene of the killing after getting a call. "When the detective walked up, she didn't have to open her mouth because her vest said 'homicide,'" he told Cleveland.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01
Back