Poll: Did Darlie Routier murder her children?

Did Darlie do it?

• Yes ~ she is on Death Row where she belongs

Votes: 234 57.2%
  • No ~ there was an intruder

Votes: 59 14.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 116 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if there was, I think Darin let him in the front door. I also have a thought that the cut screen at the garage could have been done for a different reason, to let him back IN. Who knows, he could have murdered the kids, tried to kill Darlie as well, ran outside through the front door (Darlie said she remembers it being unlocked for some reason) and hid the clothing and came back in the screen at the back without Darlie seeing what he did. This would only work if she had slept through the whole attack, which is so impossible to think....Or one other thing is possible, that she may have talked him into the murders, and into mutilating her as well. I don't know, but I can not see Darlie cutting her neck like that, with the necklace stuck in there, that would have taken some force.

So read other posts that make more sense, no one is right the first time anyway. It is all hit and miss when trying to understand something so disturbing, try to be mature about it.

mamamelly said:
So read other posts that make more sense, no one is right the first time anyway. It is all hit and miss when trying to understand something so disturbing, try to be mature about it.

Who are you asking to try and be mature about it? I feel everyone is being very mature and patient in this discussion.

Your what-if's don't make a lot of sense if you read the time-line of events from the murders to the 911 call etc. Also, I think I remember that the front door WAS locked in the transcripts not unlocked. Also how can Darin murder and slash, go out the front door and not trail any blood anywhere? It is entirely possible to cut your own neck (in front of the kitchen sink) if you are desperate and don't want to go to jail for the rest of your life for murdering your own kids. Heck yes, people have done worse to get out of being named for crimes. You should really read up on the case because there are a TON of facts & clear that you haven't because your comments would be a little different than they are posted. It takes a while to read through it all but it all becomes clear once you get through it all. There are lots of questions intially but they can all be found in the reading of the case.

SadieMae said:
What bothers me most about Darlie's injuries is the lack of defensive wounds on her HANDS. Every photo of her wounds show no hand wounds. I have visited some pretty sick sites on forensics and crime scene photos. Every one of them that involved a knife attack showed the victim (dead or alive) with a lot of cuts on the palms and fingers. I just don't get how she can have a neck wound and other knife wounds while fighting an "intruder" and no knife injuries to her hands. I find that pretty impossible.
:twocents: I think SadieMaes post makes a lot of sense. This post can help you when you assess this case further mamamelly.

Gozgals

mamamelly said:
This is my personal experienced opinion only. I know what a depressed mother feels like, I know how my husband reacts to that mood and how angry and resentful towards me and my son he can feel, on a small scale of course. When I feel depressed, or when I was post partum when I had my son, I didn't want anything but the best for my child, and I ignored and treated my husband a bit nasty. I became obsessed with other men, I admit. This is only an opinion, of a woman alot like Darlie. I admit I am vain, I am a clean freak, and I would have vaccuumed the floor before my kids slept on it just like she did, even if I was overcome with depression. I don't know where you did your research but I doubt Darlie was feeling ignored after Darin came downstairs with a pillow and a blanket, kissed her and told her to dream about him. He was obsessed with her, in reality his world was going down the drain, not hers. She deep down knew she could have any man she wanted. Darin told the paramedics this as well right after the kids were killed. If you would like to talk, thats great, I am all for other opinions, but don't knock mine, Honey.

Your opinion is based on emotion and not on the facts of the Routier case. If you are willing to learn something about the case, the facts actually, then debate/discussion can flow but until then....

SadieMae said:
What bothers me most about Darlie's injuries is the lack of defensive wounds on her HANDS. Every photo of her wounds show no hand wounds. I have visited some pretty sick sites on forensics and crime scene photos. Every one of them that involved a knife attack showed the victim (dead or alive) with a lot of cuts on the palms and fingers. I just don't get how she can have a neck wound and other knife wounds while fighting an "intruder" and no knife injuries to her hands. I find that pretty impossible.

Yes I do too and it's one of the things I have been saying for years. No cuts on her palms, fingers or the underside of her arms. That slash to her forearm looks as if she held her arm out for someone to cut her...it's not a defensive wound IMO. All the cuts on the front of her body.

The arm bruises as well..if she were beaten..how likely is it he only hit her arms...no facial injuries, no head injuries, not even a broken bone.

mamamelly said:
There are so many reasons why Darlie wouldn't have done this, ....
Other than Darlie being "a clean freak" and "a beautiful woman", I am interested in the "so many reasons" Darlie would not have done this.

I believe she is where she belongs. The 911 call is a good place to start if you have not listened to it entirely and without interruption - I have provided links to the transcript (done by myself) and the audio version below - and am interested in your thoughts on it also, specifically, Darlie's statement to Darin as follows" "...someone came in here and intentionally did this Darin!" Her tone of voice when she makes that statement speaks for itself.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40336

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/911Call/911.mp3

SadieMae said:

I just have to say I love those dogs. Very unusual isn't it for a dog to have one leg all black like that?

I absolutely think she did it. I want to believe that no mother could possibly do this, but in the end, I know that she did do it.

I have a couple questions/thoughts.

I have heard a few times that there was nothing to gain financially by killing the children. Just because there wasn't a huge life insurance policy on the kids doesn't mean that them not being around would not save them money. I read somewhere (correct me if I'm wrong) that someone at the boys' funeral went up to Darlie to offer their condolences and mentioned money and the expensive funeral. Darlie's reply was not to worry because she was getting $2000 a piece for the boys from their insurance policies. Beyond that though, children are expensive, and if Darlie was that self absorbed and that money hungry, then she would do what she needed to get rid of expenses.

BUT - If it were about money, why would she not take out larger insurance policies on the kids?

If my child was brutally murdered, there is no way I would be able to tell you how much I was getting from the insurance policy, it wouldn't have even crossed my mind to look into it, so that strikes me as very odd.

I think Darlie did it and I think that the overwhelming stress about money and her and Darin's relationship and her desire to be beautiful and have nice things is what led to the murder of her children.

I do think that anyone who is in support of Darlie is grasping at straws. I have not read anything that would even make me question Darlie's guilt. Just the pain in my heart that a mother could brutally murder her children, I want to believe someone else did it, but nothing points to that.

Dena said:
Darlie's reply was not to worry because she was getting $2000 a piece for the boys from their insurance policies.

The life insurance was $5,000 for each of the boys. Somehow, she spent $10,000 or so on a funeral with one casket. Do not ask me how. Some think it was an effort on her part to "prove" that it wasn't for the money. Personally, I never believed the life insurance had anything to do with it.

By the way, welcome to Websleuths.

Hey Dena: Welcome aboard

The boys actually had $5000 life insurance policies. Darlie told the maid, Basia's mother, that she needed $10,000. I think she tried to sell her her jewellery..she brought it all downstairs anyway.

Thought on her innocence -

Damon is still alive, according to Darlie, he was able to speak. At one point he woke her to say "mommie mommie" and at another Darlie tells him to hold on and Damon responds "ok mommie".
Was he ever able to speak while authorities were there? (was it ever confirmed he was able to ever speak) If so, here's what I have a problem with - when someone is attacked, they would make that known. I would expect Damon to say Mommy hurt me, or something along the lines of that. Thoughts?

Dena said:
Thought on her innocence -

Damon is still alive, according to Darlie, he was able to speak. At one point he woke her to say "mommie mommie" and at another Darlie tells him to hold on and Damon responds "ok mommie".
Was he ever able to speak while authorities were there? (was it ever confirmed he was able to ever speak) If so, here's what I have a problem with - when someone is attacked, they would make that known. I would expect Damon to say Mommy hurt me, or something along the lines of that. Thoughts?

I dont think Damon was able to speak. A traumatized child gasping for air when the police arrived...died when the paramedic picked him up. I don't think he could have or would have said Mummy hurt me even if he could. He was in shock. No, I think Darlie is lying about Damon talking....six stab wounds....

Got it thank you. I will probably post more questions as this site has renewed my interest in the case. Looking at the evidence supporting Darlie on her website, they do a good job trying to convince you that she did not do it!

Dena said:
Got it thank you. I will probably post more questions as this site has renewed my interest in the case. Looking at the evidence supporting Darlie on her website, they do a good job trying to convince you that she did not do it!
They sure do Dena...until the facts and common sense are looked at. From the first news reports I always knew she did it. The crime "on it's face" doesn't make sense. Even if the "intruder" was a nut case, there would have been yelling, screaming, shouting, etc. from the intruder in a psychotic state, meaning enough noise to wake Darren. JMO

And welcome to WS Dena! :D

I believe the police manipulated the evidence to implicate Darlie Routier so they could wrap up these murders quickly.
Aside from all the discrepancies in this case, consider this:

1. Why did she leave Damon alive to tell what happened?
2. How could she have bruised her own arms in such a massive way?

This woman was convicted on the Silly String gravesite video, which proves nothing about guilt. Nothing.
:innocent:

roulons said:
I believe the police manipulated the evidence to implicate Darlie Routier so they could wrap up these murders quickly.

This woman was convicted on the Silly String gravesite video, which proves nothing about guilt. Nothing.

Hi and welcome to Websleuths. Could you please give me a list of the specific evidence that you claim the police manipulated and how they did it?

As for Damon being left alive, many opine that she thought that he was dead and attacked him a second time after or during her call to police.

Lastly, I'm not sure if you're familiar with Rowlett, but is a pretty small town. The police officers who investigated this case have family members and their own children living in the area. Why would they leave a child murderer free in their own backyard and put their own families at risk simply to solve a case quickly?

roulons said:

I have to disagree with you about Darlie being convicted on the gravesite video. Darlie was convicted because there was no viable proof of an intruder. IMO, there's no way the 2 boys could have been slaughtered by an intruder and the intruder left no evidence. No DNA, no foot prints, nothing.

philamena said:
I have to disagree with you about Darlie being convicted on the gravesite video. Darlie was convicted because there was no viable proof of an intruder. IMO, there's no way the 2 boys could have been slaughtered by an intruder and the intruder left no evidence. No DNA, no foot prints, nothing.

Exactly, and as common sense tells us, the biggest threat to the "intruder(s)" would have been eliminated first. The mere fact that she wants us to believe that the intruder(s) left her alive (i.e., she followed him/they) out of the house, leads us to belive that if there were an intruder(s) that person(s) would have known that they/he left an adult witness alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675