POLL: Did Jodi Arias take the stand because she wanted to?

Why did Jodi Arias take the stand in her defense

• She demanded it.

Votes: 349 70.9%
  • Her lawyer asked her to do it.

Votes: 17 3.5%
  • A combination of both.

Votes: 126 25.6%

• Total voters
Not only did she demand it, she looked forward to it. Murdering Travis was not enough. I think she knew that Travis would be edified ( her word, even though misused) and she herself would go down as the evil one. Her testimony is her way of destroying any semblance of good in Travis!! JMO!!!

She Has to be in control. She demanded it.

Yep I agree.

She couldnt not take the stand. In her eyes this is her moment to shine :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yep I agree.

She couldnt not take the stand. In her eyes this is her moment to shine :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I voted she demanded it and agree with josie. IMO she is loving every minute of being on the stand and I really think she believes she has charmed the jury and the jury is with her, believing every filthy lie she has spouted. It's the World According to JA... I pray it is only a matter of time until the jury verdict wipes that smirk off her face forever.:jail:

BTW Confessing unconditional love for Juan Martinez :heartbeat:

Can anyone explain this to me. A lawyer said that if she entered a plea of Self Defense, she HAD TO take the stand. Is that 'have to' as in what other choice did she have but she did have a choice, or does that mean legally she was required to once that plea was entered?

Can anyone explain this to me. A lawyer said that if she entered a plea of Self Defense, she HAD TO take the stand. Is that 'have to' as in what other choice did she have but she did have a choice, or does that mean legally she was required to once that plea was entered?

I believe it was because she is the only one to be able to testify to the "abuse"..no other witnesses or documentaion to prove it otherwise.

I think she demanded it. I also believe she actually enjoys every bit of attention everyone is giving her.

I think she demanded it also. There was no other way for her to make her story "fit" the forensics. She knew she would'nt be able to tailor the story with just Nurmi's loooooong drawn out contentions.

She loves this. She loves the attention. This is probably the most attention she has ever seen in her entire life. If she were questioned again in 6 months, she would tell people that the prosecutor was one of her relationships. I firmly believe that.

Look at how she LOVED talking to First Edition and whoever else....Dateline or whatever. She definitely believes if she can just TELL you what happened you'll believe her. She EXUDES confidence and arrogance and I believe she really feels that way. I'm sure she thought if she could just TELL those silly jurors this would all be straightened out.

She loves this. She loves the attention. This is probably the most attention she has ever seen in her entire life. If she were questioned again in 6 months, she would tell people that the prosecutor was one of her relationships. I firmly believe that.

She's said she likes "challenges". Travis was a challenge, JM is a challenge. Darryl was no longer a challenge. Ryan B. wasn't either; he was only a tool. She defied her father re staying home at night, even overcoming his disabling her car. She's a warrior by nature; i.e. the opposite of Samuels' portrayal.

oh, yah, after listening to her 18 days on the stand - Jodi loves to hear herself talk. Especially when she can sneak in tidbits that aren't even relevant to the question asked. IMHO she enjoyed every minute of it.

Just my opinion.

Mel

Oh hail yes she wanted to.. she could just weave a little magic and clear things right up.

I think she absolutely did and there is nothing her lawyers could do to stop her and now they are just on the best damage control they can do. moo

I think it was on the 48 HRS. interview where JA was asked if she would take the stand in her defence and she said "of course." Psychopath's love to talk and love to hear themselves talk and they think they are the most brilliant person on earth.

I don't see how it could have been avoided given the story that the Jodi finally decided to stick with. I don't think she resisted the idea and certainly seemed to enjoy playing semantic games with JM. She seemed particularly smug during the license plate testimony because it gave her the opportunity to improvise a bit. The plate went from being flat on the ground to leaning against the cinder block, and her vision went from a little fuzzy to legally blind in an instant. (Who can't identify a license plate from 15-20 feet away?)

Yes, I think that she demanded to testify against the advice of her attorney. Her experts based most of their conclusions on her statements. They may have been more believable if she had not testified and remained silent. I think it would have been more difficult for the jury to come back with 1st degree murder. I would think that she also will have a more difficult time winning an appeal based on her testimony. And if she did, all previous testimony probably would come up during a second trial.

lol no one makes JA do anything. she will Di whatever she wants.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

She wants the attention. She is a narcissist. I think she thinks she can "mesmerize" the jury with her wiles, her stories and her lies. She is creating this epic in her own mind, and believes she has gotten away with so much, she will get away with murder too.

You are so SPOT-ON!! Couldn't have explained it any better!

:lurk: BTW, hello everyone and thank you all for your interesting comments during this very interesting trial. I've been lurking from time to time to get the latest info. Really appreciate it - I LOVE this website!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back