Possible Connections

Bumping this thread up to see if it is still on the radar. Seems to have disappeared from the Featured Case section as of this morning.

I've been doing some research lately for an article at Wikipedia and during a break from my subject, I looked up the sisters at Google News Archive.

I found it interesting that in an article I read of John and Mary Lyon being interviewed later that summer, the author mentioned the sighting of the station wagon, but not that it had been discounted.

Hi Skipper,
It seems that you have some information on this case and in fact may be a victim yourself. I have heard rumors that there was a pedophilia network or child *advertiser censored* ring in the area at the time. I wonder if the girls were lured into a house on their route home? Any thoughts you have on this would be great. I am sorry for what you have gone through.
Tony

Wendy Eaton
Missing since May 17, 1975 from Media, Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
Classification: Non Family Abduction
Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: May 26, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'10; 90 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Medical Conditions: Eaton is deaf in one ear.
Dentals: She wore orthodontic braces.
Marks, Scars: She wears corrective lenses and has pierced ears.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Eaton was last seen walking three blocks from her family's PA home on May 17, 1975 at approximately 3:05 PM. She was headed to the downtown area of Media, PA.

Investigators
If you have any information related to Eaton's case, please contact:
Pennsylvania State Police 215-459-4150
All information may be submitted anonymously.

NCIC Number: M-361834859
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 90DFPA

Link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/90dfpa.html

Just under two months after Sheila and Kate went missing in Maryland, Wendy Eaton went missing in neighboring Pennsylvania. She is still missing and her case remains unsolved.

Could the cases be connected?

Eaton was last seen on May 17, 1975. A sophomore at Penncrest High School, "Whizzie'' stayed at home on Mocassin Lane to sunbathe on the roof outside her bedroom window while while her parents and brother went to play golf at the country club.

When the family returned home about 19.00, they found Wendy's bathing suit on her bed.
Several neighbors last saw her walking to the intersection of Indian Lane and Media Station Road, three blocks from her home in the Indian Trails development, about 15.00. The family suspects she was on her way to Media to buy her brother a birthday gift.

Bloodhounds tracked her movement to the intersection of Indian Lane and Media Station Road, where she was last seen. But no further trace of her was ever found.

Wendy's disappearance coincided with the slayings of several other girls whose remains were found in the Tinicum Marsh area, but no evidence has ever been found that would link Wendy to those victims.

Authorities said that Wendy was a girl very unlikely to have run away on her own.
She planned to attend a singing group rehearsal at their church on the night she vanished.
Her relatives stated that Eaton would not have missed the rehearsal.

This month marks 36 years since Edna Christine Thorne went missing from Pennsylvania, exactly three months after the :Lyon Sisters disappeared. Is it possible that the two cases are connected?

I have posted about Edna several other times on this thread, but here is an updated link.

----------------------------------

Edna Christine Thorne

Missing since June 24, 1975 from Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 25, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1; 105 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available in CODIS.

Thorne was last seen at a relative's home in Philadelphia, PA on June 24, 1975. She was last seen leaving the horse stable.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Philadelphia Police Department
215-685-1180

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 25-054798

NCMEC #: NCMC604667

NCIC Number: M-857652106

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

NamUs
The Doe Network: Case File 74DFPA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/74dfpa.html

July will mark 36 years since Tracy Anne King disappeared. This case is very likely connected to the disappearance of the Lyon Sisters, less than four months earlier.

Tracy Anne King's case has its own thread buried in the "Missing but not forgotten - 1970's section" of Websleuths, but it is also posted in the Lyon Sisters' featured case and earlier in this thread.

She was only a year and a half older than Sheila Lyon, and she disappeared while walking alone near Highway 97, in Littletown, PA.

Highway 97 leads directly south through Maryland, where it is called Georgia Avenue in the Wheaton area. The day she went missing was a Sunday, and the time was probably early afternoon. Littletown is just a few miles inside the Pennsylvania state line.

An abductor would likely have used a motor vehicle.

-----------------------------
Tracy Anne King
Missing since July 8, 1975 from Littlestown, Adams County, Pennsylvania.
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: October 11, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: King has a scar on her right ankle. She has pockmarks on her temple.
DNA: Available

King was last seen leaving Hoffman Homes, a children's home in Mount Pleasant Township, Pennsylvania on July 8, 1975.

King was having problems at the time and was living at the home as a result. She had run away from the facility twice before, but King returned shortly thereafter both times. She has never been heard from again.

King wrote her family often from her stay in the home. Her letters are described as being those of a normal teenager at the time.

King's family resided in Perry County, Pennsylvania in 1975.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning King's whereabouts, please contact:

Pennsylvania State Police
Troop H, Gettysburg Station
717-334-8111

Pennsylvania State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Missing Persons Unit
717-783-5524

Agency Case Number: H6-16329

NCMEC #: NCMC701787

NCIC Number: M-360386548

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

NamUs
The Doe Network: Case File 342DFPA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/342dfpa.html

If Coffey is suspect in the Tracy King case, this would be the 2nd "King" case he may have been suspect in. There was a Travis King from Bristol, he could have been involved in that case too.

If Coffey is suspect in the Tracy King case, this would be the 2nd "King" case he may have been suspect in. There was a Travis King from Bristol, he could have been involved in that case too.

Interesting comparison, Jeb.

Fred Coffey is a very strong suspect in the murder of the 8 year-old little boy Travis Shane King of Bristol, Virginia (Fred's hometown). Note the similarity in their names: Tracy Anne King and Travis Shane King.

Tracy Anne King's immediate family lived in Perry County, Pennsylvania. I do not know if they were related in any way to the King family in Bristol, but it would be worth while checking out.

While it may be just a coincidence that these two children have the same last name, AND it may be just a coincidence that Fred Coffey happened to be in the same widely separated areas when and where each went missing - it could also be a significant link which ties the two cases together.

Tracy went missing on or very near to Highway 97 on 8 July 1975, very near the Maryland/Pennsylvania State line. Less than an hour's drive south on 97 would take you to Aspen Hill. More specifically to the Vitro Laboratories building where Fred Coffey worked.

On 24 July 1975 - only 16 days after Tracy Anne King disappeared, another 14 year-old girl, Kathy Lynn Beatty was abducted in Aspen Hill, sexually assulted and beatten unconscious. She was found the next morning in a field near the K-Mart on the corner of Connecticut Ave and Georgia Ave (Highway 97) right across the road from Vitro Laboratories. In fact, she probably had walked through the Vitro Parking Lot that evening.

The ages and descriptions of the two girls are very close. As is the distance and time frame in which they went missing. Coincidences?

When it was announced in the newspapers that Kathy was still alive and in the hospital, Fred Coffey suddenly left town without notifying his employer. Another big coincidence.

Kathy never regained consciousness and died 12 days later. Fred then wrote Vitro Laboratories a letter, requesting his last paycheck and offering as an explanation for his sudden departure, that he had suddenly received a message that his wife and Daughter were in a car accident in another state and that he left to be with them. This proved to be a lie. He later used exactly the same story when suddenly departing another job without notice. Another coincidence.

Fred Coffey's life seems to be one BIG coincidence after another. Much like the book "Little Big Man" where the main character just happens to be at various historical events: one after another. The only difference is that the book was a work of fiction.

Jeb's King connection looks interesting to me. Not quite as interesting, but maybe worth mentioning in this connection, is that Lawson King was perhaps the richest person in the Gaithersburg area, with a King car dealer just 1/2-mile south down 355 from the Holiday Motel where Coffey was staying. The King family apparently owned much of downtown Gaithersburg, car dealers throughout the county, and many of the dairy farms in the county, including the farm the King Farm development was built on (abutting the car dealer). I remember once meeting a King boy (grandson?) my age in Sunday school at a Gaithersburg church (just down the hill north on 355 from the Holiday Motel--there were and are three big churches off 355 very close to the former motel) maybe in 1976 (wild guess), so there was at least one kid in that family I'd say slightly younger than Kate. I remember the sensation he made--many people whispering how rich his family was and trying to decide whether he was conceited. If the King connection is not a mere coincidence, a possibility, it seems to me, is that Coffey could have tried to gain some kind of nefarious influence to get King family trust and money and got rebuffed, which made him go especially idiot homicidal toward children named King. And the Lyons, though not rich, were prominent like the Kings. But I find it quite hard to tell what is a plausible connection and what is just my fancy noticing so much it notices much that is merely a coincidence. E.g., that Lyons are kings of the jungle I figure is probably just my overheated fancy noticing a great deal about what I am interested in.

Dairy farms like the King's were a big thing in the Gaithersburg area back when. I remember when the land around where Shady Grove Metro came to be built had Holsteins on it. And apparently there was money in it, too: I also remember hearing about the eccentric rich miser, "Old Man Rabbitt", the Montgomery County cattle magnate who supposedly died with milk jugs full of a million in cash and coins buried haphazardly on his property and yet when alive had dressed so shabbily barbers would offer him free haircuts because they thought him so poor they felt sorry for him.

Response to Gruffin,

Yes there was a 'King' car dealer near the Holiday Motel, & I think it was King Pontiac. It is alledged that Coffey may have purchased a vehicle while in Montg. Co. Md., & I can't help but wonder if he used this dealership.

I do not know if this case is in any way linked to the cases discussed in posts on this thread, but here is another child with the last name of King, who has been missing for over 31 years now.

While King is a fairly common name, I wonder if there might be some connection or if it is simply a coincidence. This little girl went missing in Michigan in 1979.

----------------------------------------------
Kimberly Alice King
Missing from Warren, Macomb County, Michigan
September 16, 1979

Vital Statistics
Date of Birth: October 21, 1966
Age at time of disappearance:
12-years-old
Approximate Height: 5'5
Approximate Weight: 105
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female.
Clothing: Blue sweater and levis

Circumstances

Kimberly spent the night at a friend's home on September 15, 1979. She was last seen crossing the street to use a telephone in Warren, Michigan the following day. There is speculation as to a connection between Kimberly's disappearance and the Oakland County Child Killings, as she was to have lived only two streets away from one of the prime suspects in the case.

Investigating Agency

Warren Police Department
586-574-4700

Agency Case Number: 79-47388
NCIC Number: M-110092472
Source: The Detroit News
Source: NCMEC

http://www.michigandoes.com/MP/KimberlyKing.html

See Kimberly's separate thead here on Websleuths:

MI - Kimberly Alice King, 12, Warren, 16 Sept 1979 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

LINK:

MI MI - Kimberly Alice King, 12, Warren, 16 Sept 1979 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And Timothy King was one of the four recognized victims of the Oakland County child killer who Richard mentioned might be connected to the Kimberly Alice King case. About 1 in 500 have the surname King.

Bumping this case up from page 3 (post 58). Dorothy is still missing after 35 years. Her case might not be directly related to Sheila and Kate's, but there are a lot of similarities and they occurred slightly more than a year apart.

-----------------------------------------------
Dorothy Delilah Scofield Missing since July 22, 1976 from Ocala, Marion County, Florida.
Source:The Doe Network: Case File 363DFFL

Updated LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/363dffl.html

------------------------------------------------
Although this girl disappeared a little over a year after the Lyon Sisters went missing, and several states away, there are some very disturbing similarities in both cases.
Dorothy was between the Lyon Sisters in age and size. She was white and had blue eyes and wore glasses similar to those of Sheila Lyon. Dorothy's hair was light brown, while the Lyon sisters had blonde hair. Her hair was parted down the middle and was similar in style to the way Sheila wore her hair. It might also be noted that the girls bear a strong resemblence to each other.

In both cases, the last sighting of the girls was at 2PM, on a week day, at a Shopping Center. The clothing Dorothy was wearing was similar to that worn by Katherine Lyon (red top, blue jeans).

It might also be noted that Dorothy's disappearance occurred one year (almost to the day) after the abduction and murder of Kathy Lynn Beatty, whose body was found near a shopping center.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dorothy Delilah Scofield
Missing since July 22, 1976 from Ocala, Marion County, Florida.

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: January 8, 1964
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11; 100 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown, straight hair; blue eyes. Scofield wears eyeglasses; at the time of her disappearance, she was wearing teardrop-shaped frames.
Clothing: A red short-sleeved form-fitting shirt, blue jeans, a leather belt with a metal buckle, and green tennis shoes. Her glasses had gold wire rims.
Dentals: Her incisor tooth slightly covers her upper front tooth. One of her teeth was missing at the time of her disappearance.
AKA: Dee

Scofield and her mother went to a shopping mall together in Ocala, Florida on July 22, 1976. They went their separate ways once at the mall and agreed to meet later at a designated location; Scofield never arrived and has not been seen since. She was last seen at approximately 2:00 PM in the center.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Scofield's whereabouts, please contact:
Ocala Police Department
Detective Mike Balken
352-629-8508
352-369-7070
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: O76072084
NCMEC #: NCMC601894
NCIC Number: M-085578070
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Florida Department Of Law Enforcement
The Doe Network: Case File 363DFFL

-1973 he abducted two women at knifepoint outside restaurant in Washington, the women escaped in Mont. Co.

-escaped from VA jail 11/81

-4/9/82 kidnapped, molested, and killed Wendy Lou Stark-MD

-arrested in PA 4/14/82-dwi

-1994 serving a life sentence for unrelated kidnapping and murder

-died of lung cancer in jail 10/2007

-http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/21/AR2008072101224.html?tid=informbox

The only new piece of info here is that in 1973 he abducted two women at knifepoint in Washington, they travelled into Mont. Co., and while there the women managed to escape.
So what was he serving time for in 1981 when he escaped from a VA prison?
It wasn't the 1973 incident because that case happened in Washington, and MD.
He definitely had a connection to MD because in 1973, he brought the women he kidnapped into Montgomery County and then he was back in 1982 hiding out after his escape from VA, when he came upon Wendy and kidnapped and killed her. I'd like to know more about what he did from 1973-1981.

I was wondering if anyone has determined what Abernathy was up to between 1973 and 1981. He did have ties to the Kensington/ Montgomery county area, and he did have a violent criminal background before and after 1975.

Not long ago, one of his children was searching for him in an on-line adoption search site. It is possible that only his name was known and not his background/history. Unfortunately, the contact information was out of date.

This case has only recently been posted on the Doenetwork. Note that it occurred in 1975, only a few months after Sheila and Kate and several other children went missing.

Even if this case is not linked directly with their disappearance, there are a number of similarities.

------------------------------------------

Teresa Lynn Rhodes
Missing since September 27, 1975 from Greensburg, Westmoreland County, PA

Vital Statistics

Date of Birth: January 15, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 120 lbs
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Brown
Distinguishing Characteristics: Scar from a dog bite on her upper lip, believed to be on the left side.
Clothing: A red and white jacket, red slacks
Nickname: Teri

Case Details

On Saturday, September 27, 1975, at around 11 a.m., Teri Rhodes, of South Greensburg, Pennsylvania left her home to go to a girlfriend's house.
At 13, Teri was not yet allowed to date. She never missed dinner time and always, when she left the house, would tell where she was going.

It was later discovered, however, that going to a friend's house, or shopping at the mall, may have been cover stories for a lifestyle she'd been introduced to, one that included a former South Greensburg police officer later convicted for a contract murder, a friend of the cop who was allegedly into the drug world and who had a fondness for young girls, and a so-called 'party house' on Bell Way in Greensburg.

Teri's disappearance was initially viewed as that of a runaway and was treated as such, despite the fact that when she left her home that afternoon, she didn't take her purse or pack a bag and none of her clothes were missing. Yet there were no press releases, no media coverage and the original police report only contains a description of Teri and the words "possible runaway".

It was years after Teri disappeared that her friend admitted that the two girls had been at the Bell Way house on that Saturday. The friend last saw Teri at about 6pm as she (the friend) was leaving the party with a man. The friend made it home that night. Teri didn't.

In 1987, a relative of Teri's family contacted a local psychic. Information the psychic gave led to a search of Schenley Park in Pittsburgh, and another search in 1989 at St Clair Park in Greensburg. No trace of Teri was found.

Another lead came from an incarcerated confidential informant to the state police. Teri's body was allegedly buried in an area of Keystone State Park locally referred to as "Transylvania", an area known in the '60s and '70s as a lover's lane and keg party site. But again, Teri's remains weren't found.

Over the years, tips have trickled in, but the questions to what happened to Teri Rhodes on that Saturday in 1975 have not been answered and she remains missing.

If you have any information about this case, please contact:

Westmoreland County Detective Bureau
724-830-3286

Sources

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pittsburgh Press
FacebookPennsylvania Missing Persons

LINK:
http://www.pamissing.com/rhodesteresalynn.html

LINK to separate Websleuths thread:
PA - Teresa Lynn Rhodes, 13, Greensburg, 27 September 1975 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
PA PA - Teresa Lynn Rhodes, 13, Greensburg, 27 September 1975 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

----------------------------

I had mentioned that this case was new to the Doenetwork back in 2010. Here is what they list in their files and a link to the case summary and photos:

Teresa Lynn Rhodes
Missing since September 27, 1975 from Greensburg, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing
Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 15, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar from a dog bite on her upper lip, believed to be on the left side.
Clothing: A red and white jacket and red slacks.
AKA: Teri

On Saturday, September 27, 1975, at around 11 a.m., Teri Rhodes, of South Greensburg, left her home to go to a girlfriend's house.

Teri's disappearance was initially viewed as that of a runaway and was treated as such, despite the fact that when she left her home that afternoon, she didn't take her purse or pack a bag and none of her clothes were missing.

Years after Teri disappeared her friend admitted that the two girls had been at a party at a Bell Way house on that Saturday. The friend last saw Teri at about 18.00 as the friend was leaving the party.

Investigators

Westmoreland County Detective Bureau
724-830-3286

Source Information

Pennsylvania Missing Persons

Doenetwork case 2610dfpa

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2610dfpa.html

The case of missing Judy Ann Sylvester has been mentioned several times in the past in this thread as having some similarities to the Lyon Sisters case. Although older than Sheila and Kate Lyon, note her physical description and size.

January 24th, 2012 will mark the 35 year anniversary of Judy's disappearance.

She has a thread of her own with some discussion on the case in the "Missing in the 70's" thread of Websleuths "Missing but not Forgotten" topic area.

An interesting possible link between this case and that of the Lyon Sisters, is that one of the Lyon case possible suspects, Fred Coffey, lived in Virginia Beach, VA just before moving to Maryland and immediately after leaving Maryland. He raped a 13 year-old girl in Virginia Beach in 1974, and was arrested for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" with a 15 year-old girl there in October 1975.

I do not know if he was still living in Virginia Beach in January of 1977, but he certainly had ties with the area. Could be just another coincidence.

------------------------------------

Judy Ann Sylvester
Missing since January 24, 1977 from Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 8 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0", 100 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Jewelry: Hand made necklace
Nickname/Alias: Jai
DNA: Available

Judy was last seen in 1977. She did not show up for work or pick up her paycheck from the restaurant she worked at in Virginia Beach. Judy was residing in an apartment located at the north end of Virginia Beach at the time of her disappearance. She frequently rode a bicycle while living in Virgina Beach.

Investigators

Virginia Beach Police Department
757-427-8300

Agency Case Number: 2001006572

NCIC Number: M-071329422

Source Information:

NMCO
NamUs
The Doe Network: Case File 684DFVA

Please help to stop Fred Coffey from being granted parole!

I posted the following information a few years ago in this thread, but included Marcia with two other girls who also went missing from the same area in 1977 and 1978.

I also posted Marcia's case separately in the "Missing in the 1970's" thread, but to date there had been no further posts. You can see her Websleuths file by clicking on the last link.

Note that possible suspect Fred Coffey had connections with Virginia beach, having lived there, and having been charged in two separate crimes involving young girls (ages 13 and 15).

While I do not know that Fred was even in Virginia Beach on 9 June 1979, I do know that he was in Charlotte, NC on 18 July the same year. That was when he murdered 10 year old Amanda Ray.

-----------------------------
Marcia Estelle Remick
Missing since June 9, 1979 from Virginia Beach, Virginia

Vital Statistics

Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 100 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes. Pierced ears.

Marcia Estelle Remick was last seen on June 9, 1979 when she told a roommate that she was going to visit a friend at the ocean front. She never arrived.

Marcia's usual mode of travel was either on foot or by hitchhiking.

During the investigation, there were rumors that the victim was in Florida, however, this information has never been confirmed. Foul play suspected.

Investigators

Virginia Beach Crime Solvers
1-888-LOCK-U-UP

Virginia Beach Police
757-385-4101

Source Information:

Virginia Beach Crime Solvers
The Doe Network: Case File 227DFVA

LINKS:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/227dfva.html

VA VA - Marcia Estelle Remick, 17, Virginia Beach, 9 June 1979 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I see that I have not checked into this forum for two years (35th anniversary), and that is because I was starting to find it repetitive and given over to speculation, without much new information or insight. But as I look through posts of the past few years, I see that you are still providing order, reason, and sanity and that you are always willing to restate the few known facts to clarify various misunderstandings, as well as to fairly evaluate suggestions about possible connections. Among all the preposterous notions, there is always the possibility of a

At this point, I think the only real hope for a solution is a deathbed confession (Coffey the best bet there) but I appreciate you staying on top of the case and getting the correct information from the police, who have been unfairly maligned with a lot of hindsight. I have not talked to the Lyons recently about the case, but they continue to be an inspiring example of how to live with grace, faith and courage. I hope everyone will take a moment to send prayers their way tomorrow, the 37th anniversary.

Deborah Ann Quimby, 13, Missing since May 3, 1977 from Townsend, MA

It has now been 35 years since Deborah Ann Quimby went missing. I have listed her in this thread before as a possible link to the Lyon Sisters. Deborah was the same age as Sheila when she went missing. She was about the same height and weight, as well. She was on a short bike ride from her home when she was last seen.

----------------------------------------------------
Deborah Ann Quimby
Missing since May 3, 1977 from Townsend, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: October 9, 1963
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1; 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. She has freckles.
Clothing: A multicolored shirt, blue jeans, and a royal blue Pop Warner jacket with the name "Debbie" embroidered on the sleeve.
DNA: Available in CODIS.

Quimby left a note for her mother saying that she was riding her bike from her house on Smith Street at about 16.00, to her grandparent's house on Vinton Pond Road in West Townsend and would call home later that day.

The bike ride was about four miles long. She was last seen on the crest of the hill on Turnpike Road, heading west.

Her bike, a brown Takara 10-speed bike, boys model, has never been found.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Quimby's whereabouts, please contact:

Townsend Police Department
Missing Persons Unit
978-597-2313

Agency Case Number: EM007

NCMEC #: NCMC727916

NCIC Number: M-195533564

Source Information:
NamUs
NorthWest Herald
The Doe Network: Case File 274DFMA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/274dfma.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors