Possible Secluded Spaces In Orlando

It's been many years since I was a teenager but when I lived in the Orlando area, we used to go out highway 50 East past Union Park and take a road to the left going north to go drag race. It was a no-no but it was a place we went anyway. It was really remote out there. No homes, no cars, no lights. I believe it headed out toward Bithlo. There was an old abandoned airport out there. I don't know that I could find my way now but I could try to locate it on a google map. Was any of the dead zones between pings in the Union Park or Bithlo area?

I spent my high school and young adult years only a few miles from this whole saga. Graduated from Winter Park High, learned to drive off of Forsythe Rd (one street West of Goldenrod), lived in Oviedo, on Econ Trail, also in apts on Semoran by Aloma Ave (1 street North of University Blvd.)

When I was hiding out from parents, there were three places I would go, behind the nearest church, playgrounds and sit on the swings or that merry go round thing and right down the road where they were building new homes.

Most that were almost complete didn't even have doorknobs but did have water running (for bathroom breaks), toilet paper (const. guys needed), carpeting, and occasionally light bulbs installed....I would take a book and read for hours on the carpeted floor - sorry if I was breaking the law but I was young - what can I say? I would park at a partially constructed house about 4-5 houses down and look out the window every once in a while to make sure no one was looking for or at my car.

I was thinking alot about CocoaMom's theory- which I love and is well thought out. But it got me thinking about where I hung out when I did not want to be home. To be quite honest with you, where my boyfriend (now my hubby of 17 years) and I wanted to be "alone" (wink, wink). I grew up in NY although I now live in Florida. A lot of places the cops would include on their "rounds" and would ask for our I.D, check for booze etc. Yet there were some places that we knew we were safe.

I especially would like to hear from the Orlando area WS'er especially those with teenagers. But even if you are not in FL the idea is the same.

Not necessarily KC's neutral place (but may well be too) but places where there is very little chance of being disturbed either to hang out or hide a body. I personally feel KC's statement about a neutral place meant TL's. She knew she went to TL's the date Caylee went missing and that statement covered.

Mine was

Down by the river
Houses being constructed (I know the whole Bella Vida is being discussed)
Churches
Parking lot at mall
Seasonal sporting event parking spaces (for example, where I live we have the Players Championship at Sawgrass and 11 months and 2 weeks out of the year it is vacant and holds about 3000 cars)
Playgrounds

Then maybe we use the info to look where the majority of her pings were.

I am just trying to think outside the box.

Thanx for the memories!!!

:blowkiss:

Central Florida is very flat land with sandy soil (no rocks). Central Florida is dotted with many small lakes and it has many wooded areas. Also, there are many dirt roads and dirt paths that lead into thick wooded areas.

There are small, abandoned old houses in various areas. My husband and I checked out a few of these abandoned houses in our search for Trenton Duckett.

The sinkhole in Winter Park is in a busy area with lots of street traffic.

all your post got me thinking.....

I wish we could do a ping map....which I hope LE has already done....for like the year prior to Caylee being missing....there had to be a pattern for when she *went to work* and the *nanny* was with Caylee......we did see the pattern of her going to the house when her parents were gone during the day.....I dont think she spent a lot of time at home....when she still had Caylee..... her parents thought she was at work....GA went to work later in the afternoon and CA was gone from early morning until late afternoon.....seems like someone would have been at the house all the time....uggg...

oh I meant to add..... the pattern we pinged her at now is not the same as before....remember right before and during all this time....she was running around with a whole new group of friends.....so her patterns of pinging would be differnt.....just an idea...or thought....or what ever....:crazy:

all your post got me thinking.....

I wish we could do a ping map....which I hope LE has already done....for like the year prior to Caylee being missing....there had to be a pattern for when she *went to work* and the *nanny* was with Caylee......we did see the pattern of her going to the house when her parents were gone during the day.....I dont think she spent a lot of time at home....when she still had Caylee..... her parents thought she was at work....GA went to work later in the afternoon and CA was gone from early morning until late afternoon.....seems like someone would have been at the house all the time....uggg...

oh I meant to add..... the pattern we pinged her at now is not the same as before....remember right before and during all this time....she was running around with a whole new group of friends.....so her patterns of pinging would be differnt.....just an idea...or thought....or what ever....:crazy:
Thats what leads me to believe that the "place has to be within two miles of the a' home, even if she was at her "place " the pings would still show up on the towers by their home. I really wish that we had three months worth of pings, starting with May.

Not from Orlando, but all of the places and things we did when looking for seclusion have probably been mentioned, abandoned homes or buildings (we had an entire school too), rural roads, family parks/playgrounds (noone cared if you partied there at night), and so on, but one we did do I don't think has been mentioned. If a business was closed at night or could be for lease, no business currently, we would climb the ladders on the side all the way to the roof. I just don't see the perp carrying a child that far up though. It would be difficult but not impossible.

The sad fact is, I really believe she is in a dumpster. Now in a landfill.

Makes me very sad.

I keep thinking of Casey's text to Amy about her plans to buy a house on Curry Ford Road (she mentioned it was close to the dump) Seasonal homes or houses for sale could be possible dumping sites--especially the outbuildings(sheds), ponds, wells,etc. in these locations.

In October a body was found on Curry Ford, so it must be convenient in some way. I think the area may also be close to gang activity which would have been a perfect ruse for Casey and her Zanny excuse.

The sad fact is, I really believe she is in a dumpster. Now in a landfill.

Makes me very sad.

I think Casey got rid of Caylee the easiest way possible which makes me think a dumpster also. However, she didn't get rid of the body immediately. She gave herself time to think which was at least two days and maybe even two weeks. Maybe she was waiting for the right time or maybe she was planning it out.

I also wonder if she put Caylee in a place where she knew where Caylee was and could return to that place. Casey's cell phone pings near the A's home and LA's home almost everyday but, not for long periods of time. She may have put Casey close to their houses and was checking on her. I've always been suspicious of the secluded wooded area at the end of Lee's street which is easily accessible. I don't know if he was living there at the time.

I keep thinking of Casey's text to Amy about her plans to buy a house on Curry Ford Road (she mentioned it was close to the dump) Seasonal homes or houses for sale could be possible dumping sites--especially the outbuildings(sheds), ponds, wells,etc. in these locations.

In October a body was found on Curry Ford, so it must be convenient in some way. I think the area may also be close to gang activity which would have been a perfect ruse for Casey and her Zanny excuse.

Interesting. I don't think the obvious places like these are being searched because Casey's cell phone pinged around areas of water at long periods of time which ended up being the places of interest. Casey could have just been hanging out at the park. It doesn't take two hours to dump a body. I think the day she dumped her actually only took a few minutes so it is being overlooked.

Not from Orlando, but all of the places and things we did when looking for seclusion have probably been mentioned, abandoned homes or buildings (we had an entire school too), rural roads, family parks/playgrounds (noone cared if you partied there at night), and so on, but one we did do I don't think has been mentioned. If a business was closed at night or could be for lease, no business currently, we would climb the ladders on the side all the way to the roof. I just don't see the perp carrying a child that far up though. It would be difficult but not impossible.

Didn't she call the Lexus dealership a couple of times? I wondered why. Is it possible she wanted to see if they were closed so she could have access to the lot without anyone questionning that? What times of the day or night did she call there?

Didn't she call the Lexus dealership a couple of times? I wondered why. Is it possible she wanted to see if they were closed so she could have access to the lot without anyone questionning that? What times of the day or night did she call there?

someone said ga was working security there, personally I think thats how she kept track of where the parents were at all times, calling cells and jobs..

What about the end of Lee Vista Blvd going east from A's house? It dead ends into what looks like a dumping ground (trash and bags strewn about)from close up on the google map. There is a road of sorts that leads to a pond, and it's desolate out there. She probably wouldn't have been noticed. I think I saw a gate of sorts, but it looked to be down in the photo, which would have provided access. Measured, it was like 1.65 mi east from their house. I wonder if this area would still ping on the A's subdivision tower?

GoogleEarth_Image3.jpg

GoogleEarth_Image2.jpg

Indigo -- Curry Ford is right off of S Econ Trail (very accessible to Casey) and there's a 'park' there Little Econ Park isn't it? I thought I read somewhere that Casey walked there with Zanny or Amy or someone? Might be dreaming. There are a lot of trails there I think into the woods, and a pond/lake if I'm not mistaken. I had looked at area for some reason on Google. LOL

Was looking for areas close to the Amscot parking lot that Casey may have hung out at and saw this on the map. This is just one of many places buy maybe someone local would have a better idea about the area than what the map shows.

I have to give the directions for this location since my attempts to post the link to the google map have not worked.

I think this would be within same range as for tower numbers 48 and 46 but need someone else to weigh in on the tower coverage.

Type 1700 N. Forsyth Rd on google maps and then zoom in
Look for > Muskogee Street and follow it back to >
Tilden Ave
Or even further back to >
Tulsa Ave.
It is a large wooded area that you can drive up into and if you move the map to the right the area
Curves around and ends behind Cheney Elementary School. 2000 N Forsyth Rd Orlando, FL 32807
This school is for Grades: Pre-K - 5th so I would think that sports activity would be limited.

The last day of school this year was
June 3rd

On Muskogee Street it is nothing but car repair places, construction type warehouses. No regular retail type business so traffic in and out would be limited and probably not much attention paid to cars going back in there.

Just as a side I looked at a few websites about the school and noticed this add about babysitters and nannies. It seems that the term nanny may be a normal term
A website with information about Cheney Elementary School. Notice the add at the bottom of the page
Find local babysitters and nannies near Cheney Elementary School today!
http://www.schooldigger.com/go/FL/schools/0144001408/school.aspx

I believe that this is also very close to the church location on this thread
CocoaMoma Church Theory, just one road over.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74902

Indigo -- Curry Ford is right off of S Econ Trail (very accessible to Casey) and there's a 'park' there Little Econ Park isn't it? I thought I read somewhere that Casey walked there with Zanny or Amy or someone? Might be dreaming. There are a lot of trails there I think into the woods, and a pond/lake if I'm not mistaken. I had looked at area for some reason on Google. LOL

Thanks, beckaroozie. I'll have to go back and look into it. I just can't get away from the feeling that Casey does everything with as little effort as possible. It's like she just slides from one thing into another. I could never picture her tramping way out into the woods or digging or putting herself in danger from snakes or alligators.

Another thing that keeps sticking in my mind is that she mentioned the shed at Sawgrass Apartments during her police interview. I've never seen the complex, so I don't know if the shed really stands out or if Casey was just looking for easy solutions at that point. Just a thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renovationsnet
Back