Post Verdict -Working Out The Unresolved Questions #2

Something else very curious, Det. Flores testified that the last usages of Travis' laptop, found in his office, were at 3:34, 4:19 and 4:54 p.m, Zach said in his follow-up interview that Wed. was his day off, that he got up and returned the rental car in the morning and returned to the house at approx. 3:00, for an hour - if he was in the house, and Travis was in his office at 3:34, how did they not see each other, or Zach at least be aware of Travis being in the house/office?

The killer could have been the one on the laptop but still it is odd all the comings and goings and no one saw or heard anything--housemates, neighbors, etc.

As for the time issue, I can only come up with giving the killer an extra hour to do her deed, maybe. That would be only if Cali practices daylight savings time. I am pretty sure AZ does not, or did not in 2008. So the killer could have gained an hour there. That does not mean much regarding the camera time stamps being inaccurate but it does possibly give her an extra hour which to me is big since there was a whole lot going on right up until the time a roomie came home. An extra hour combined with camera time maybe being a factory set that could have been off by at least an hour due to DST.

Obviously I am grasping at straws but it's easier for me to think she had an extra hour to act than it is to imagine the killing frenzy that had to have occurred if she was so pressed for time.

The killer could have been the one on the laptop but still it is odd all the comings and goings and no one saw or heard anything--housemates, neighbors, etc.

As for the time issue, I can only come up with giving the killer an extra hour to do her deed, maybe. That would be only if Cali practices daylight savings time. I am pretty sure AZ does not, or did not in 2008. So the killer could have gained an hour there. That does not mean much regarding the camera time stamps being inaccurate but it does possibly give her an extra hour which to me is big since there was a whole lot going on right up until the time a roomie came home. An extra hour combined with camera time maybe being a factory set that could have been off by at least an hour due to DST.

Obviously I am grasping at straws but it's easier for me to think she had an extra hour to act than it is to imagine the killing frenzy that had to have occurred if she was so pressed for time.

Agree, she really only needed an extra hour to get everything done with the timeline we believe to exist, and yes, CA has DST and the camera may have been default set to observe DST, so even had the time on it been set properly, it may have rolled forward an hour (3/9/08) and been unnoticed by Travis. "If" the nudies had also been taken on that day it also would line up for those (~12:40 instead of 1:40) as she testified they woke up somewhere after noon and had sex - though the text Travis sent Chris Hughes (@ 12:15) still hangs out there no matter what, she seems to have no knowledge of that. Nor does she about the floor cleaner, oh, and the dog fencing couldn't have been put up before 4:00 as Zach would have seen and/or tripped over it going upstairs if she'd put it up any earlier than 4:00. Arrrggg why don't the pieces ever fit??

As far as how the camera ended up on top of wet laundry maybe it went down like this.

Suppose she had set camera on edge of washer. And since most rinse cycles would have plastered the clothes along the edges, I am wondering if JA reached in and took some clothes out to check them at the end of the cycle to make sure no blood. Then maybe the dryer was still going so she could not transfer to dryer yet.

Then as she was putting the wet clothes back in washer, it snagged the camera and pulled it in with the clothes.

Then she cleaned up other parts of house and began to frantically look for camera. The dryer may have even got done but she spent all her time looking for camera and had to finally leave. Since she had already checked the wet clothes she didnt care if she put them in dryer at this point and didnt think to even check the washer again.

Just trying to come up with a way that the camera ended up on top of wet clothes when normally after a spin cycle the clothes would have been pastered to the sides. This scenerio may explain how it got on top and was left there.
In this scenerio, it may not have actually gone through a wash cycle.

I'm pretty positive the camera went through the whole wash cycle as the back door had come off and was found at the bottom of the tub:

Camerawasher450_zps468f2bf2.jpg

camerawmarker_zpsaa34672b.jpg

I'm pretty positive the camera went through the whole wash cycle as the back door had come off and was found at the bottom of the tub:

Camerawasher450_zps468f2bf2.jpg

camerawmarker_zpsaa34672b.jpg

Oh wow. Then yes I agree. I also see from the picture how it could have been described as being on top even with the clothes plastered to the side.

Its surprising that JA herself didnt hear the knocking noise and investigate.

It really is bizarre the camera in the machine. Im still thinking it must have somehow accidentally fallen in because it seems she would have just taken it with her or at least take the memory card if she wanted to destroy the photos.

The camera in washer is one of the bizarre aspects of this case.

Do we know for sure if the lid was found up or down?

If it was found up, then that could explain how it accidentally fell in and she would have not thought to look in there.

I think a washer like that can run with the lid up if I am not mistaken. There is a period of time at beginning of cycle where lid can be opened to put in conditioner. If you leave the lid up and never close it, I think the cycle would still run with lid up. Maybe that is what happened and the vibations made it fall in.

I would think one of the very last things she did before leaving was start the washer. If that's so, would explain why she didn't hear that camera clanking around. I'm wondering if once she left and was on the road, she realized she didn't have the camera, came back to retrieve, but saw someone was home. Maybe that could account for part of her tardiness to Utah.

wait...my bad, just remembered, it was Travis's camera, how could I forget! She wouldn't feel the need to come back for it....my memory of the details are in a fog...lol

LOL Yes, that's one of the reasons I'd think she may have intentionally left it there, it belonged to Travis, and she may have truly believed the washer with bleach would destroy any DNA and the pics on the card as well.

LOL Yes, that's one of the reasons I'd think she may have intentionally left it there, it belonged to Travis, and she may have truly believed the washer with bleach would destroy any DNA and the pics on the card as well.

This is what I've always thought as well; I think she meant to wash it. She figured that the missing camera would raise a red flag, so she made it look like it was a simple mistake on Travis' part. Her original story was that she was never there, so the sheets being washed wouldn't have looked like an obvious attempt to wash away DNA. It would look like Travis accidentally picked up the camera in the sheets when he gathered them up, then dropped the sheets in the washer and headed to the shower where he was ambushed by his killer. She never thought there would be any evidence of her presence once she neatly killed him in the shower (either with a gunshot or the stab to the chest), then deleted the damning photos from that day and then washed both the sheets and camera. She was wrong as usual, thank goodness.

I wish Det. Flores had been asked about the time & date of the camera. I would assume that was one of the things they checked since they were dealing w/a decomposing body and roommates' foggy (ha ha) memories and trying to figure when this all happened. But you know what they say about assumptions....

Not being familiar with flickr, where are they getting the two different cameras(Sony DSC-W7 and Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi) plus the Digital Cam info from for those pics, is that info imbedded in the photos?

Seems strange the pics are from May 15, 2005, April 27, 2007, October 5/8/13/14, 2007 with the last one posted in the group being the April 2007 instead of the Oct.2007 pics and then that all 6 were actually uploaded June 2, 2008(Two days before his death and on a new account - Member since June 2008).

I have fallen behind the loop with this trial... can anyone relate any of those dates to JA and TA's relationship, or even to TA's relationship status during those periods?

Not being familiar with flickr, where are they getting the two different cameras(Sony DSC-W7 and Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi) plus the Digital Cam info from for those pics, is that info imbedded in the photos?

Seems strange the pics are from May 15, 2005, April 27, 2007, October 5/8/13/14, 2007 with the last one posted in the group being the April 2007 instead of the Oct.2007 pics and then that all 6 were actually uploaded June 2, 2008(Two days before his death and on a new account - Member since June 2008).

I have fallen behind the loop with this trial... can anyone relate any of those dates to JA and TA's relationship, or even to TA's relationship status during those periods?

Yes, the camera types are taken from the EXIF data embedded in the pictures themselves, after clicking on each pic you can click the link below ('Show EXIF') to view all of each pic's data. The new Flickr account/upload date is quite odd, isn't it? JA's already on her way to kill Travis, I think she was spending the night at Matt's when this was done (late night June 2, early morning June 3)? It used to show what time they were uploaded but I don't see that now, from memory it was between 1 and 2 or 2:30 a.m. Would Travis name one of the pics 'Trav's Rockys'? And why does Balloon Fiesta have a "(3)" but only one pic? JA Had a Canon Rebel but I don't think that Sony was hers, nor Travis'. The whole thing is very strange.

Yes, the camera types are taken from the EXIF data embedded in the pictures themselves, after clicking on each pic you can click the link below ('Show EXIF') to view all of each pic's data. The new Flickr account/upload date is quite odd, isn't it? JA's already on her way to kill Travis, I think she was spending the night at Matt's when this was done (late night June 2, early morning June 3)? It used to show what time they were uploaded but I don't see that now, from memory it was between 1 and 2 or 2:30 a.m. Would Travis name one of the pics 'Trav's Rockys'? And why does Balloon Fiesta have a "(3)" but only one pic? JA Had a Canon Rebel but I don't think that Sony was hers, nor Travis'. The whole thing is very strange.

Thanks, perhaps that book of places to see before you die that they were both supposedly trying to conquer might provide clues?

One thing that's always nagged at me is the location of the murder weapons. I don't buy her lame desert stories. Now, I work as a part time bartender/server at a hotel (my boyfriend is a teacher, so it allows me to work to basically socialize and well extra cash) and I was thinking the other day as I was cutting lemons/limes. We can never find knives sharp enough to cut them. Literally, it's a battle to get them from the cooks. I have to sneak them. Things always disappear from our department. We just fired a guy for stealing thousands of dollars in alcohol. (I won't lie, we always sneak food here and there. ) But given Arias' s history of lying and stealing, couldn't the knive used be a knive she stole from her job? For it to go unnoticed that long while she was there with Travis, she had to have a slender kind of knive. Not a huge butcher knive. During the trial, I recall them saying a kitchen knive was used.

We use slender, but sharp kitchen knives to cut garnishments for drinks. Could she have stolen the infamous knife from work? People at resturants talk. I'm positive someone like CMJA would not make a good impression. Especially if she called out a lot and spent time on her phone.

One thing that's always nagged at me is the location of the murder weapons. I don't buy her lame desert stories. Now, I work as a part time bartender/server at a hotel (my boyfriend is a teacher, so it allows me to work to basically socialize and well extra cash) and I was thinking the other day as I was cutting lemons/limes. We can never find knives sharp enough to cut them. Literally, it's a battle to get them from the cooks. I have to sneak them. Things always disappear from our department. We just fired a guy for stealing thousands of dollars in alcohol. (I won't lie, we always sneak food here and there. ) But given Arias' s history of lying and stealing, couldn't the knive used be a knive she stole from her job? For it to go unnoticed that long while she was there with Travis, she had to have a slender kind of knive. Not a huge butcher knive. During the trial, I recall them saying a kitchen knive was used.

We use slender, but sharp kitchen knives to cut garnishments for drinks. Could she have stolen the infamous knife from work? People at resturants talk. I'm positive someone like CMJA would not make a good impression. Especially if she called out a lot and spent time on her phone.

Maybe it's why she rushed back to work instead of staying in SLC and attending a function everyone else expected her to stay for, she needed to get the knife into the dishwasher there to remove any remaining dna she may not have gotten off it. Hide it right in plain sight, back where it came from. I'm not sure she could stand to part with it or the gun, but what a crafty way to not have to worry it'd be discovered, if she had stolen it from her job.

The dishwasher we use at work and I'm sure any resturant would have this type is industrial strength and has bleach with the detergent. It basically washes the dishes with bleach. I wonder if they've ever thought to compare the stab wounds to knives from her workplace at that time. Of course she could have stolen a knife from Daryl Brewer's home as well, if he had a sharp, slender knife.

Arias is never hurting for knives. Remember the many knives that were found in her car, after her police interrogations.

Do we know for sure if the lid was found up or down?

If it was found up, then that could explain how it accidentally fell in and she would have not thought to look in there.

I think a washer like that can run with the lid up if I am not mistaken. There is a period of time at beginning of cycle where lid can be opened to put in conditioner. If you leave the lid up and never close it, I think the cycle would still run with lid up. Maybe that is what happened and the vibations made it fall in.

My washer, which is similar to TA's, will not operate with the lid open. It will fill and drain with the lid up but it will not agitate or spin.

Please look at these images from the convict's interrogation video. Her ring finger is not bent here. Then she shows up at the trial with a bent ring finger to support the claim of abuse.
JA 2.PNGJA 3.PNGJA 5.PNG

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MayMabel