Potential Suspects and Persons of Interest

John Brennan Crutchley "Vampire Rapist"
This is another 'dirtball' of interest.

During the mid 70's he lived in Fairfax County Va. At the time there were several disappearances of teenage girls. Some investiators suspect his linkage to the Lyon Girls & Kathy Beaty. He was extensively familiar with the area, & also lived in Pa. where there were a number of missing females, & deceased females.

This is a 7 page story which can be accesed at :
http://earthops.net/klaatu/crutchley.html

Information dated Sep 6, 2006 on WCYB Channel 5, Bristol, VA indicates the Police Chief of Bristol, Va believes they have enough circumstantial, scientific and eyewitness evidence to bring Fred H. Coffey, Jr. back to stand trial for the murder of Travis Shane King.

http://www.wcyb.com/newsread.asp?newsid=7405

http://www.wcyb.com/newsread.asp?newsid=7258

I found this information online a couple of hours ago. Several months ago I may have indicated in one of my postings that Fred Coffey had been tried for this case and convicted. At that time I had found two newspaper clippings while searching many clippings all night long posted to The Charlotte Observer and linked to the Newslibrary.com. (I hope that's the correct name of the website.) Before writing this present posting I searched for those two articles on both sites and cannot find them so I must say at this time based on the above information found online this morning about Fred Coffey possibly being extradited to Bristol, VA to stand trial for the murder of Travis Shane King that I either misunderstood what was written which was something along the lines that his mother was glad that the case was finally over after 7 years of waiting or the articles contained misinformation.

I apologize for any misinformation I may have contributed to this site about this particular case and I certainly hope he will stand trial in Bristol. What I hope will not happen is that he will not get the death penalty if convicted because of the other abductions posted to this site that have not been solved and for which he may have been responsible. Most especially, Cathy Lynn Beatty because I still hope that something will come up in the line of evidence that could get him extradited to Maryland and hopefully get some answers to a lot of questions about her case and some of the others.

Along with the above information a check of Fred Howard Coffey, Jr's information on the NC Dept of Corrections website says,
Next Custody Review Date: 12-01-2006.

Does anyone know what that means? I know it's not the same as coming up for parole.

In reply to ShurlT's 'links' posted today.

Excellet work ShurlT !
If they plan to 'try' Coffey for the murder of Travis King,and use leverage, they maybe able to solve other cases. For example; If they could offer a plea bargain to Coffey where he would confess to some other unsolved cases he is suspect in(including the Lyons' girls),his life would be spared.

I believe 'Custody Revue' is to determine if he should be confined in maximum,medium,or minimum security.

Jeb, plea bargain is exactly what I've had in mind. Possibly, he'd be willing to admit or deny any of the unsolved cases listed on this site that occurred from March to July of 1975. Maybe they could give him a lie dector test as well. Even though it's not admissable in court it might help support whether he's telling the truth or not. I think they should be willing to try everything and anything they can that would not compromise the case in court.
Now, how do we get somebody to act on this if possible? It didn't dawn on me to alert MCP about this new development until just now.
Does anybody know if VA has the death penalty? I can't recall. Thanks for the explanation, Jeb. I wonder if it would do any good to write to Bristol and tell them he's a possible suspect in other cases in MD and PA?
Does MD have to have proof of some kind to get him extradited or can they get it done on suspicion? They need something concrete from Kathy Lynn Beatty's case maybe to get him to MD. Shouldn't there be some DNA on her clothing or something? What about those keys?

ShurlT said:
...Now, how do we get somebody to act on this if possible? It didn't dawn on me to alert MCP about this new development until just now....
Murder of Travis King Still a Mystery
Date
19 July 2006

After almost 20 years there are still no answers in a Bristol Virginia murder case. Eight-year-old Travis Shane King was killed in 1986. He lived in the Rice Terrace community. Witnesses say he was lured away from his apartment. His body was found the next day. The prime suspect, Fred Coffey, is currently on death row in North Carolina for a different murder.

----------------------------------------------------------
Travis King Murder
Date
6 September 2006

More than 20-years ago, an eight-year old Bristol boy, Travis Shane King, was murdered. Bristol Virginia police believe that King was lured away from his home by Fred Howard Coffey. Now Police Chief Bill Price says they have enough circumstantial, scientific and eyewitness evidence to bring Coffey back to stand trial. Currently Fred Coffey Jr is serving a life sentence in North Carolina for another child murder. He comes up for parole every July. Price says through his departments investigation he asked the Commonwealth`s Attorney to proceed and bring Coffey back to Bristol.

Source:
WCYB NewsCenter5

Links:

http://www.wcyb.com/newsread.asp?newsid=7258

http://www.wcyb.com/newsread.asp?newsid=7405

These news links have been passed on to Montgomery County Police.

Here are some excerpts from Fred Howard Coffey's 1994 appeal of his death sentence for the brutal murder of 10 year-old Amanda Ray in 1979 . See the entire document by clicking on the link.

---------------------------------------------------------------
On 16 February 1987 defendant (Fred Howard Coffey, Jr.) was indicted for the first degree murder of ten-year-old Amanda Ray, who died on 18 July 1979. Defendant was convicted at trial on theories of premeditation and deliberation and felony murder, based on the underlying felony of kidnapping.

After a sentencing hearing following this trial, the jury recommended a death sentence, and judgment was so entered in October 1987.

On appeal to this Court, we found no error in the guilt proceeding, but we ordered a new sentencing hearing because the verdict form employed by the jury did not include an issue as to whether the mitigating circumstances were insufficient to outweigh the aggravating circumstances, ...

On re-sentencing, a second jury also recommended the death sentence. The trial court again entered judgment sentencing defendant to death, and defendant appeals from that judgment.

At the resentencing proceeding the State reiterated the facts surrounding the murder.

The body of ten-year-old Amanda Ray was found in a wooded area near a lake in Mecklenburg County on 19 July 1979. An autopsy revealed that she had a black eye and bruises and that she died of asphyxiation.

An investigation began immediately which produced several witnesses linking Amanda Ray with someone matching defendant's description on 18 July 1979 near a lake. The investigation continued for several years eventually revealing that dog hairs on defendant's couch and in defendant's van matched dog hairs found on Amanda Ray's clothing when her body was found.

Defendant (Coffey) was questioned about the death of Amanda Ray in 1986 and was subsequently charged.

The State also introduced testimony of Janet Ashe and Rev. James Hall indicating that defendant, in the months before the murder, masturbated in the presence of three-year-old Angel Ashe. This incident was admitted to establish the aggravating circumstance of murder committed during the course of a kidnapping.......

Steven B. Bondy and psychiatrist Dr. John M. Billinsky. Dr.Bondy interviewed defendant (Coffey) twice and administered five tests to defendant. He diagnosed defendant as suffering from major depression, chronic post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and pedophilia.

Defendant's PTSD was the result of repeated sexual abuse by his father. As a result of the pedophilia and PTSD, defendant was mentally and emotionally disturbed at the time of the murder and his capacity to conform his conduct to the requirements of the law was impaired. On cross examination it was revealed, over objection, that Dr. Bondy's diagnoses were based in part on defendant's convictions for indecent liberties with children. Defendant had previously attempted to exclude the admission of his criminal record through a pre-trial motion, which was denied.

The convictions which were introduced were:

- convictions in 1974 in Virginia Beach, Virginia, for two counts of indecent exposure and one count of indecent liberties involving three children;

- and convictions in 1986 in Caldwell County, North Carolina, for nine counts of indecent liberties with children involving three different children.

The trial court instructed the jury to consider defendant's convictions solely for the purpose of supporting the witness' diagnoses. Dr. Billinsky's opinion testimony was essentially the same as that of Dr. Bondy. He interviewed defendant twice and spoke with his family members. He diagnosed defendant as suffering from adjustment disorder with mixed emotional features, pedophilia, and chronic PTSD.

Defendant's PTSD was the result of sexual abuse by his father. Based on defendant's pedophilia and PTSD, Dr. Billinsky concluded that defendant was under the influence of a mental or emotional disturbance at the time of the murder and that his capacity to appreciate the criminality of his conduct was impaired. On cross-examination it was revealed that Dr. Billinsky's diagnosis of pedophilia was based in part on defendant's convictions in 1974 and 1986.

Also testifying for defendant were his mother and sister. Defendant was molested by his father from the age of six. Defendant was also forced to watch his father sexually abuse his siblings, including his sister. Resistance to the sexual abuse was met with physical abuse. Defendant's father threatened to kill defendant if he exposed the sexual abuse.

After defendant's mother discovered the sexual abuse, she moved away with defendant. Defendant's father would then occasionally kidnap defendant and his sister, take them to a motel, and sexually abuse them.

Defendant (Coffey) left home to join the Navy at the age of sixteen, eventually leading to service in Vietnam.

After the presentation of evidence the trial judge submitted two aggravating circumstances:
(1) the death occurred while the defendant was engaged in a kidnapping, and
(2) the death was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel.

Defendant (Coffey) requested 23 mitigating circumstances, the majority of which were submitted to the jury. The State also, over defendant's objection, requested that the statutory mitigating circumstance of "no significant history of prior criminal activity" be submitted. The court submitted this circumstance.

The jury found both aggravating circumstances. One or more jurors found that defendant was under the influence of a mental disturbance; that his capacity to appreciate the criminality of his conduct was impaired; that he was mentally, physically, and sexually abused by his father; that he suffered a deprived and unstable childhood; that he dutifully served his country during wartime in Vietnam; that he had previously attended classes at a college; that defendant was a hard worker in prison; and that he had continued his education by taking correspondence courses from prison.

No juror found that defendant had no significant history of prior criminal activity.

The jury sentenced defendant to death. ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
It was at the end of Coffey's third trial, after he was again (as he was each time) convicted of Amanda's murder, that he was sentenced to Life In Prison vice the Death Penalty. This was because two of the twelve jurors would not vote for the Death Penalty.

All juries noted that the defendant had a significant history of criminal activity prior to 1979. It should be noted that they did NOT have for consideration several other molestation and murder cases, in which Coffey was suspected, but not convicted.

Link:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/docs/nc-supreme-court/jun1794/coffey

A previous link to Fred Coffey's Inmate Data is no longer working. Here is the current text of what is in that on-line file from the North Carolina Department of Corrections, along with an updated link.

Besides the information shown below, the link includes a photo of Coffey and specifics on each of Coffey's sentences.

Please note that Coffey is up for a Custody Review on the first of May. Feel free to express your opinion to the Department of Corrections and the Parole Board on this matter.

--------------------------------------------------
DOC Number: 0081135
Inmate Status: ACTIVE

Name(s): COFFEY, FRED H.

Demographics
Race: WHITE
Birth Date: 03/19/1945
Conviction Date: 01/21/1987
Total Term: LIFE
Projected Release Date: LIFE
Primary Offense: MURDER FIRST DEGREE (PRINCIPAL)
Admission Date: 02/02/1987
Admitting Location: CENTRAL PRISON
Special Characteristics: LIFE
Custody Classification: MEDIUM
Next Custody Review Date: 05/01/2007
Control Status: REGULAR POPULATION
Next Control Review: UNKNOWN
Number of Infractions: 0 Last Infraction On: N/A
Current Location: PENDER CI
Previous Location: NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION
Last Movement: NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION
On: 10/27/2005
Detainers? N
Escapes? N

LINK:
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/apps/offender/offend1?DOCNUM=0081135&SENTENCEINFO=yes&SHOWPHOTO=yes

I wonder how thoroughly Hadden Clark was investigated for this case. I know he is listed as a person of interest. He seems like a possibility for a lot of unsolved murders.

Fred Coffey has been denied parole again (thank God), in N.C. Most parole boards receive 3 to 5 letters concerning parole. In this case in this year, they received 300 letters. Amanda Rays' Mom made a plea to the public to help keep Coffey in jail. It worked! (Amanda Ray is the little girl in NC Coffey was convicted of killing).

I would like to say 'good job' to Amanda Rays' Mom, & may God be with you. Also, we are trying to link Coffey to several murders & missing children cases here in Md., if you have any helpful information please feel free to 'post' or even send me a private message. Thank you much.

Fred Coffey has been denied parole again (thank God), in N.C. Most parole boards receive 3 to 5 letters concerning parole. In this case in this year, they received 300 letters. Amanda Rays' Mom made a plea to the public to help keep Coffey in jail. It worked! (Amanda Ray is the little girl in NC Coffey was convicted of killing).

I would like to say 'good job' to Amanda Rays' Mom, & may God be with you. Also, we are trying to link Coffey to several murders & missing children cases here in Md., if you have any helpful information please feel free to 'post' or even send me a private message. Thank you much.

Here is some recent internet information regarding Fred Howard Coffey, Jr. and his July 2007 Parole Hearing:
-------------------------------------------------
Coffey, Jr., Fred H. 707

Fred Howard Coffey, Jr.

Conviction: First Degree Murder
DOC# 0081135
Parole Review Date: 7-24-07
Sentence: LIFE
Has Served: 20 yrs 6 mth to date

Crime Story

The body of a ten year old female was found in a wooded area near a lake in Mecklenburg County on July 19, 1979. An autopsy revealed that she had a black eye, bruises and had died of asphyxiation. An investigation began immediately which produced several witnesses linking the victim with someone watching the defendant's description.

The investigation continued for several years eventually revealing that dog hairs on the defendant's couch and in the defendant's van matched dog hairs found on the victim's clothing when her body was found.Fred Howard Coffey was questioned about the death of the victim and was subsequently charged.

Coffey was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to death. On appeal, Coffey was re-sentenced to LIFE in prison.

Source:
Coffey, Jr., Fred H. 707

LINK:
http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/CMPD/CPAC/Inmates/A+-+H/Coffey,+Jr.,+Fred+Howard+707.htm

---------------------------------------------------
(Below is a copy of a recent letter sent to the North Carolona Parole Commission)

Chairman Charles L. Mann, Sr.
NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
P.O. Box 29540
Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

Re: Parole Protest for Fred Howard Coffey Jr, DOC #0081135

To Whom It May Concern:

Fred Howard Coffey, Jr’s attack and murder of innocent, defenseless 10 year old Amanda Marie Ray in 1979 speaks loudly and clearly against releasing him from prison to kill, molest and rape again. The public record of his behavior before the murder for which he was convicted and many other crimes (including 5 other murders); which he is a suspect add strong logic for a decision AGAINST releasing Fred Coffey.

Much of what is known about Coffey’s past speaks convincingly AGAINST his release, and there is nothing in his past record that argues persuasively for his release. THIS MAN HAS NOT BEEN REHABILITATED. Coffey was not brought to justice for this murder until 1986. Two separate juries sentenced him to death, until, on a technicality, the sentence was over-turned and Coffey now serves a life sentence. That fact alone makes a strong case for never allowing him to serve less than his “Life Sentence”. In Fred Howard Coffey’s case, a life sentence should mean prison for the rest of his life.

Even serving the remainder of his life behind bars will never seem a sufficient penalty for taking Amanda’s life. Any less than that would be an injustice that Amanda’s family and his potential victims should he be released into society, should not have to bear.

Sincerely,

Cc: Governor Michael F. Easley
Office of the Governor
20301 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-0301

LINK:
http://www.network-share.com/files/62/ProtestCoffeyParole.doc

---------------------------------------------
(This is from another website regarding Fred Coffey's July 2007 Parole Hearing)

... 7/25/07 * UPDATE: I received word from Amanda's family today with good news...

"Fred Coffey's parole was DENIED for this year..."

"The average inmate up for parole receives 3-5 letters in his/her file per year.... Fred Coffey has several hundred letters in his file this year!

Each letter was placed on the table at the parole review and was in plain sight during their decision making process. This speaks volumes to them that we, as a community, protest Coffey's release.

Our heartfelt thanks goes out to each and every one of you who sent letters to the commission in protest. We could not have done this without you." - Amanda's Family

Source:
Crime in Charlotte, NC

LINK:
http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/2007/07/keep-coffey-behind-bars.html

Raymond Rudolph MILESKI, Sr.

Raymond Rudolph Mileski Sr. is a convicted murderer serving a life sentence in the Maryland Prison system. He is linked to the Lyon Sisters, because of claims that he has made on several occasions. Those stories have some varience to them, but basically Ray states that he knows who the abductor/murderer of the girls is. ...

Mileski, while in prison, had evidently told a story to other convicts that he knew who had abducted and killed the Lyon Sisters, ...

Mileski, contacted in Prison in 2001, admitted in two letters that he did in fact know who the abductor of the Lyon Sisters was....

Mileski, in his second letter, referred to the girls' abductor as "C.D." and claimed to have met this individual "in the pen". ....

I have had doubts as to whether Mileski ever had anything to do with the Lyon Sisters disappearance, but there are a number of rather intriguing coincidences between his story and that of Fred Coffey, Jr.

Mileski claimed to have met the girl's abductor, whom he referred to as "C.D." while "in the pen".

I have never been able to find out if the two ever spent time together in a Maryland prison, but of note is Mileski referring to the girls' abductor as "C.D."

Fred Coffey's nickname was "Chick" and he sometimes referred to himself as "Chick Davis". Davis was his mother's last name.

Richard, obviously I share your doubts.

However, coffey may admit to bogus crimes to get a better plea bargin.

We are all innocent, including Coffey, until proven guilty. In this case, he has to be proven in a court of law to be the TRM, (but the TRM has been proven to be nothing, yet.). Phase 1.

Phase two, then, the TRM would have to be proven. in a court of law in the United States, to be the killer. For a prosecutor, it could involve 2 seperate trials.

A lot of people are getting the quality of this, thanks for the messages.

The TRM theory hangs on the fact that a lot of people saw this person(s) in the area around the general time. Otherwise, Nada!

The Perch theory, fits a lot of profiles, locations, behavioral patterns, etc.

Hence, why try to force everyone to believe this was Coffey and redirected the case?? ie force Coffey down our throats???

Richard, are you doing this? From your previous post, it doesn't seem like it. However, you do, my friend, have to take a position; othewise become a professional fact gatherer and moderator.....

The Perch theory, fits a lot of profiles, locations, behavioral patterns, etc.

Hence, why try to force everyone to believe this was Coffey and redirected the case?? ie force Coffey down our throats???

Richard, are you doing this? From your previous post, it doesn't seem like it. However, you do, my friend, have to take a position; othewise become a professional fact gatherer and moderator.....

I don't think that anyone on this board is trying to force their beliefs or theories on anyone. Some theories may seem stronger than others, and some may be subject to more discussion, but as you have mentioned, none have ever been proven.

As I have stated many times, there is a wide range of possibility concerning this case - more than in others because of the lack of forensic evidence or of any bodies.

Pearch was by all accounts a Mass Murderer. No doubt about that, even though his "trial" was conducted in the streets and justice administered via police shotgun blast. He was a strange and ultimately a violent guy, but there is no evidence of him being a pediphile or child murderer. And no evidence that he ever stepped over the line prior to his rampage in April 1975.

Coffey, on the other hand is a convicted pediphile, child abductor, and child murderer. The fact that his crimes extend over a range of years and locations, would make him a Serial molester, and repetitive criminal, capable of murder. There is little doubt in my mind that he killed children on other occasions as well - but that is just my own opinion about him.

Both of these individuals were in the Wheaton, Maryland area around the time that the Lyon Sisters disappeared, but neither has ever been placed at Wheaton Plaza on the day in question by any witness, or through any sort of evidence which identifies either one.

They might both have been there that day, or perhaps neither was there. One fact is that a boy saw his friends Sheila and Katherine talking to a man whom he did not know. The man was wearing a brown suit, and holding a microphone, and he had a tape recorder with him, which had been in a tan briefcase. Whether that "Tape Recorder Man" had anything to do with their subsequent disappearance is debatable, but certainly such a "coincidence" must be accounted for. He was there. Who was he?

Here are some observations that I have compiled, which might help to categorize/ recognize a potential suspect in the case of Sheila and Katherine Lyon's disappearance, as well as some of the other cases which are suggested as possibly being related to the case.

- Probably male
- Age from 29 to 55 in 1975.
- Well practiced in abduction of children and young adults by 1975.
- Not a particularly large or imposing person.
- The perpetrator seems to be well organized.
- Follows the news media.
- Constantly on the move and always hunting for victims.
- Geographically/Occupationally mobile.
- Possible Military background experience.
- Drives a motor vehicle, probably several with high milage.
- Employs seduction leading to restraints.
- Kills at one site, disposes at another.
- Leaves controlled crime scenes.
- Leaves little physical evidence.
- Probably has an IQ above average (105-120 range).
- Probably has a history of family abuse (physical, mental, sexual).
- May be college educated.
- Has excellent communications skills.
- Skilled in diverse areas of expertise.
- Can appear very personable, friendly, outgoing, persuasive.
- Socially adequate, appears very normal in his every day life.
- Lives with partner or dates frequently - can carry on a "normal" routine.
- Likely has good hygiene/ grooming/ housekeeping skills.
- Has comfortable patterns or habits in every day life.
- Can be creative in his approach to victims. Probably rehearses a new technique before employing it.
- Regarding LE, He may be a Police groupie or wannabe, may contact them with false leads or offers to "help" in the search.
- Probably had numerous run-ins with the law in regard to inappropriate behavior with or around children by 1975.
- May have a strong urge or need to return to a crime scene to see what police have done - or to relive his deeds.
- Might keep a souvineer from a victim, or might be very careful to resist the urge.
- Personalizes victims, holds conversations.
- He is a practiced liar and could probably beat a polygraph test.
- Responds best to direct interviews.

Although the victims of this Never Identified Suspect were somewhat older than the Lyon sisters, this series of related homicides were very close in time and geographical vicinity to Montgomery County, Maryland, and also to other possibly connected disappearances discussed in these threads.

The below crimes were linked based on forensic evidence found with the victims and at the crime scenes. That, in itself, sets these crimes apart from the disappearance of the Lyon girls and other similar disappearances, as there simply was no forensic evidence in most of those cases.

This serial killer seems to have appeared in 1976 and disappeared after 1977. Where was he before and after those dates?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Unknown Suspect dubbed the Pennsylvania Strangler (1976-1977)

In a period of seven months, between November 1976 and June 1977, five young women were raped and murdered within a 25-mile radius of Washington, Pennsylvania, their killer striking with impunity and leaving homicide investigators at a loss for clues.

Despite a fair description of the suspect, published in the form of artist's sketches, there were no arrests, and none are now anticipated in a case that terrorized the peaceful border region, holding women prisoners of fear inside their homes.

The first to die was 21-year-old Susan Rush, a native of Washington County, found strangled and locked in the trunk of her car on November 25, 1976. Detectives noted that her body had been "hastily clothed," her bra and panties left on the front seat, and a post mortem examination confirmed that the victim was raped prior to death.

On February 13, 1977, 16-year-old Mary Gency was reported missing from her home in North Charleroi. She had gone out for a walk after supper and never returned, her body recovered three days later from the woods at Fallowfield Township. Gency was beaten to death with a blunt instrument, raped before death by an assailant the county coroner described as "a mad animal."

Debra Capiola, 17, was last seen alive on March 17, walking to meet her school bus in nearby Imperial, in Allegheny County. She never arrived at school, and searchers found her body in a wooded section of northwestern Washington County on March 22. Capiola had been raped before she was strangled with her own blue jeans, the pants left wrapped around her neck.

Two months later, on the afternoon of May 19, 18-year-old Brenda Ritter was found dead at South Strabane Township, in Washington County. Nude except for shoes and stockings, she had been raped, then strangled with a piece of her own clothing, tightened around her throat with a stick.

In June, the killer strayed from Pennsylvania, but he did not travel far. His final victim was Roberta Elam, 26, a novice at Mount St. Joseph Mother House, in Oglebay Park, West Virginia, near Wheeling. Preparing to take her vows as a nun, Elam's career was cut short by the savage who raped and strangled her on June 13, dumping her corpse within 75 yards of the convent.

On the afternoon of June 15, authorities released a sketch of a longhaired suspect seen near the Ritter homicide scene, but none of the resultant tips proved fruitful. When the murder series ended, as mysteriously as it had begun, police could only speculate about the strangler's identity and whereabouts.

Unless deceased or jailed on unrelated charges, he is still at large today.

Fred Coffey was up for parole again last month as he has been every year since his Death Sentence was overturned in 1995. Once again, his parole has been denied and he will continue to live at North Carolina tax payer expense at Pender Prison.

Below is a message from the family of Amanda Ray, the little 10-year-old girl that Coffey murdered in 1979. At the link below, you can see a photo of Amanda Ray and one of Fred Coffey.

------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE JULY 30, 2008 - PAROLE HAS AGAIN BEEN DENIED FOR COFFEY !

Our family has just learned that parole has been denied this year for Fred Howard Coffey, jr., the murderer of my daughter, Amanda Ray.

I want to express my heartfelt thank you and those of my family for your part in writing letters to the parole board urging denial of his parole. The Parole Commission is very guarded about what they can release, but we were told that it was evident that there had been a "concerted effort put forth". These letters DO count and are given weight in the Parole Commission's decision.

My family and I appreciate everything everyone has done on Amanda's behalf. This is a tragedy which should never have occurred, but unfortunately it does, much too often and children are being abused and murdered almost on a daily basis. At least this individual is behind bars and hopefully will never be able to hurt another child.

Again... Thank you for your letters. We have been overwhelmed with the response and sincerely appreciate your concern and compassion. It is a great comfort and means so much to Amanda's family.

Source:
Give Amanda Marie Ray a Voice!

LINK:
http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

Thanks for the post. He needs to die in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back