Pre-Trial Hearings & Discussion

Well hopefully SOMETHING! lol.. I hope the prosecution doesn't decide to add more charges the day before the arraignment again...

Deep down I think it will go as it should this Friday... with a plea being entered....

They sure have shut this thing up huh? I live very close to Tracy and don't hear a bloody thing. I sent a note to the pastor/grandfather and the fam of Melissa just after Sandra's body was found and of course didn't hear one amen or hallelujah about it! :)

People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby
Next Scheduled Hearing: Friday, June 12, 2009 at 1:00 pm in Department 35

1. May 11, 2009 - Notice To Media
DA Request to Set Date for Preliminary Hearing Filed 06-09-09

San Joaquin County Superior Court
Stockton Courthouse
June 9, 2009

NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC AND MEDIA:
The further arraignment in the case People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby (case number SF111539A) has been scheduled for Friday, June 12, 2009 at 1:00 pm in Department 35 of the main Stockton Courthouse located at 222 E. Weber Avenue, Stockton, CA 95202.
All media requests for photography, video recording and sound recording in the courtroom have been denied for this hearing. Please see the order made on April 22, 2009 by the Hon. Linda L. Lofthus, which shall continue for all future hearings until modified.
Because of the high public interest and our limited seating capacity, all media personnel may not be able to get into the courtroom.
http://www.stocktoncourt.org/courts/media_notice.htm

People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby
Next Scheduled Hearing: Friday, June 12, 2009 at 1:00 pm in Department 35

1. May 11, 2009 - Notice To Media
DA Request to Set Date for Preliminary Hearing Filed 06-09-09

San Joaquin County Superior Court
Stockton Courthouse
June 9, 2009

NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC AND MEDIA:
The further arraignment in the case People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby (case number SF111539A) has been scheduled for Friday, June 12, 2009 at 1:00 pm in Department 35 of the main Stockton Courthouse located at 222 E. Weber Avenue, Stockton, CA 95202.
All media requests for photography, video recording and sound recording in the courtroom have been denied for this hearing. Please see the order made on April 22, 2009 by the Hon. Linda L. Lofthus, which shall continue for all future hearings until modified.
Because of the high public interest and our limited seating capacity, all media personnel may not be able to get into the courtroom.
http://www.stocktoncourt.org/courts/media_notice.htm

I just hope she pleads guilty and spares the family the pain of a trial.

Then again, I identify with Sandra.

While I'm happy today is the day, doesn't anyone realize how many cases we are all trying to follow around here??? :crazy:

Yes, SleuthyMama - and it is down right scary. So many young children. These cases are breaking so fast I can't keep up. I didn't even know about the baby in the Las Vegas dumpster until I read the Diasja thread last night. I wish whatever it is that is working against young children would hurry up and go away!

Prayers for Sandra today and her family. May this perp see the light and plead guilty, sparing the family further anguish.

Salem

I cut and pasted {(((Salem's)))} livestream links from the hot and heavy general thread days above. I am not sure if this will be on camera live/streamed.. (remember the LAST one?) but just in case... there they be... see you guys in an hour!

ETA: KRON link appears to be broken... try this: www.kron.com

Huckaby entered the not guilty plea and also denied the enhancements prosecutors are charging in the case.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled to start on Thursday, September 24th at 9:00 a.m. in Department 36 in Stockton.

KRON 4's Dan Kerman inside the courtroom for the hearing says Huckaby only spoke once when she agreed to waive her right to a continuous hearing. Because of scheduling issues, the judge says the preliminary hearing will take place only on Thursdays and Fridays and could stretch to mid-October.

All sides are scheduled to get together for a pre-hearing conference on September 8th.

http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...-in-the-Sandra-Cantu-Murder-Case/Default.aspx

No surprises this afternoon. I think we all were expecting that not guilty.

Finally a plea was entered, I actually wasn't so sure what to expect.

Yes this forum has gone quiet, because all the hearings behind the closed doors and other gag orders, we don't know the evidence against her, exact the cause of death, much nothing to discuss. except unbelievable woman, a mother and teacher accused this type of horrible crime.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medievalratattack
Back