KY PROJECT KENTUCKY - Unidentified Persons Cold Cases

Hello Mad, I was wondering if you think it would be worth it to compile a list of missing persons who have been theorized to have possibly ended up in Kentucky (maybe just a simple list added as an additional tab) for use as time goes by to compare to when new UIDs come to light. The list could be just date last seen, identifying info (age, sex, race, height, etc.), and a link to the missing persons case. What do you think? I may just be overzealous due to my love of spreadsheets and cross-referencing, haha!

Also, I don't have a lot of time to spare, but would be happy to help when able. I went to college in Kentucky and lived there for 7 years after graduating, so there is a special place in my heart for the bluegrass state.
Hey there! I hate that I missed your post before now.

I think it would be a wonderful idea! I’ve unfortunately not been able to spend nearly as much time on these cases as I once was. :(

Last edited:
Couldn't find it. Either I read about it somewhere else, or it reminds me of another case.
I don't remember exactly where I heard about it and don't have a link, but there were apparently some more "homeless" remains found near Bardstown off Boston Road.
(Just found him. They think they have a name but can't verify it. Sad... NamUs #UP89990)

I've lived here nearly all of my life and don't recall ever once seeing a "homeless person" (someone who would stay on the streets or in a homeless camp). I'm just used to people that will flop with one friend and move on to others, so they generally have a home (just not their own).

I wonder how long it takes and how much trouble it is to get unidentified remains onto the right databases (i.e. with law enforcement or something like NamUS or DoeNet).
The guy they found in Bardstown near Windsor Gardens (nursing home) is in NamUs and there are some very recent ones when you search. The remains near Manton (Beech Fork - Hardin's Creel) aren't anywhere other than a news story, at least that I could find. There were some arms or feet found a little south of the Walmart in Lebanon (thought to be Cable/Clopton victim). The only place I've found them documented other than old news stories is on the State Police website and is one non-descriptive sentence there.

I learned something just after leaving that post last night and it's gotten me kind of out of sorts. The more time that passes and the more that I think about it, it gets more and more creepy.

The latest local UID in NamUS... It had a "possible name" in the listing and I'm unsure as to why it is merely a "possibkle." I looked up the name and found that he'd been arrested (possession of meth) on 4/20/2021 and he was in the local "jail logs" along with a mugshot.

NamUS has missing persons, unidentified persons and unclaimed persons (I assume to be people that have died without any known relatives/relations).

Is there any reason why this guy would be an "unidentified person" rather than unclaimed? From the way things look, we know who he is (therefore he has been identified, though maybe not officially).

This is just so weird. Could they think he was involved in identity theft or something and don't believe the name? It makes little sense to me.

"Robert Arthur Saller"
NamUs #UP89990

Nelson County Jail Logs - April 19-20, 2021
Nelson County Gazette (4/21/2021)
sallerrobert.jpg

Robert Arthur Saller, 58, Bardstown, possession controlled substance, first-degree (methamphetamine). No bond listed. Booked at 9:52 p.m. Tuesday, April 20, 2021.

Gave a fake name upon arrest? Used someone else’s identity?
I'll have to ask her tomorrow, but it looks like my mom should know his family. From FB (where I saw that we had mutual friends), I thought his family was from Chicago. "His mother" (if we accept that it was an alias) lived in Chicago and was born in E-KY. But most of her siblings lived within a few miles of me. I can't tell what happened, whether there were a rift in the family or they're all either dead or have moved away.

I learned something just after leaving that post last night and it's gotten me kind of out of sorts. The more time that passes and the more that I think about it, it gets more and more creepy.

The latest local UID in NamUS... It had a "possible name" in the listing and I'm unsure as to why it is merely a "possibkle." I looked up the name and found that he'd been arrested (possession of meth) on 4/20/2021 and he was in the local "jail logs" along with a mugshot.

NamUS has missing persons, unidentified persons and unclaimed persons (I assume to be people that have died without any known relatives/relations).

Is there any reason why this guy would be an "unidentified person" rather than unclaimed? From the way things look, we know who he is (therefore he has been identified, though maybe not officially).

This is just so weird. Could they think he was involved in identity theft or something and don't believe the name? It makes little sense to me.

"Robert Arthur Saller"
NamUs #UP89990

Nelson County Jail Logs - April 19-20, 2021
Nelson County Gazette (4/21/2021)
For a coroner or ME to make an identification, there has to be either a fingerprint, dental, or DNA match. Something that identifies the person beyond the shadow of a doubt. If they have a possible name, its likely they haven't been able to match fingerprints, dentals, or DNA for some reason or another.

I'll have to ask her tomorrow, but it looks like my mom should know his family. From FB (where I saw that we had mutual friends), I thought his family was from Chicago. "His mother" (if we accept that it was an alias) lived in Chicago and was born in E-KY. But most of her siblings lived within a few miles of me. I can't tell what happened, whether there were a rift in the family or they're all either dead or have moved away.
Did you hear any more on this one @bflocket ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost
Back