Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
An oddity.

TA's journal was found in his car, parked in the garage. That's strange for a meticulous man who prized his journals, but add to that, TA's Bible and what looks like a planner were found in his car as well, in the front seat. (first photo below).

But the journal was found somewhere else in his car, and not on a seat. On a floor mat maybe? (second photo below).

I'm thinking she may have taken his journal into his car to read while he slept, not knowing yet she was there.

Yup yup, and guess who was mentioned in the journal... the new sweetie pie.

BBM - I would have to agree with this. What do you think of my red comments in this clearer pic of the ceiling inadvertent shot from JM's book?

View attachment 89321

Thanks so much for this pic Val, I've long thought it was hair at the top of the pic but the other copies were too dark to be sure.

Also, something is covering the upper right corner.

If you go back through the thread I believe they've already all been posted but for convenience... :)

All from JM's book.. http://www.amazon.com/Conviction-Un...d=1455842467&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Cinviction

View attachment 89323View attachment 89324View attachment 89325

Thank you for this. I was having a hard time relating to what the conversation was about. I appreciate your uploading each one here. :)

ETA

I still can't make out what's going on in the third pic... The high res versions in the book must be much clearer.

Thanks so much for this pic Val, I've long thought it was hair at the top of the pic but the other copies were too dark to be sure.

Perhaps her leg? Does this pendant of hers look about right for the pic? JApendant.jpg

An oddity.

TA's journal was found in his car, parked in the garage. That's strange for a meticulous man who prized his journals, but add to that, TA's Bible and what looks like a planner were found in his car as well, in the front seat. (first photo below).

But the journal was found somewhere else in his car, and not on a seat. On a floor mat maybe? (second photo below).

I'm thinking she may have taken his journal into his car to read while he slept, not knowing yet she was there.

The journal is on the floor in front of the passenger's seat? Look how the mat curves to accommodate the console. (I looked it up and think that's right). On the floor? No way he'd leave it there. Even though the floor is crazy clean and he probably never had a passenger.

I don't believe TA would have left those things in the garage. His well-thumbed bible? Really?

She read them there because the roommate was in the house at the time? She maybe thought he had something squirreled away in the Bible? Money?

News Break (since everyon is here...mods can move if need be)

K Nurmi is on The Daily Share with Mike Galanos of HLN.

Topic is "the next jodi arias case" and the likeness between the 2 cases.

Angelika Groswald murdered her fiance Vincent Viagore on Apr 19, 2015.

Suspect Groswald was interviewed by PD for hours until she 'broke down' according to KN. During the time alone in the interview room, Groswald played imaginary hopscotch, did yoga, and the small bit I saw she was acting strange when the detective was talking to her (MOO).

KN then plugged his book and the entire time had his website on the screen. He looks like he did during the first trial, but older...time has been hard on him.

Wonder how much KN got for giving his expertise knowledge on the new case. This could be a new side job?

This should be posted on HLN later, it was not as of 11:50am CT

This is the woman who potentially made Viafiore drown by falling out of his kayak on the Hudson. IIRC, it's not a fatal attraction scenario, nor was there a slaughter, ninjas, guns and knives....

BBM - I would have to agree with this. What do you think of my red comments in this clearer pic of the ceiling inadvertent shot from JM's book?

View attachment 89321

Interesting. This is at the beginning of the attack. Could be hair...
IMO there was probably no camera strap.

Perhaps her leg? Does this pendant of hers look about right for the pic? View attachment 89326

Looks about the right size, could be, it sure looks like the shelf of her jaw between the hair - think the hair is the end of a pony tail we're seeing?

For the blocked right corner I was thinking arm/elbow since the camera seems to be about waist high. Seems much more likely she did have it on a strap as I too don't think it made it down the hallway and back on its own or by being kicked and it's very doubtful she was holing it in one hand while attacking T with the other.

The quality of the last accidental pic in the book is disappointing, was hoping we'd have a clearer image and maybe be able to pinpoint where in the hallway she was.

Based on the snippets I have read from both Nurmi and Juan's book, it is apparent that Nurmi cannot contain his obvious hatred for his ex-client. Nurmi's book is from a very angry and emotional perspective, and he obviously enjoyed 'sticking it to her' with some of the things he wrote about her (her 'grooming' habits is one good example). On the other hand Juan has shown what a calculating, manipulative, and arrogant person he was dealing with, without clouding the picture with his own emotions. With Juan's book, it's obvious that he doesn't care about Arias on any emotional level, i.e., he's not a 'hater'. She committed a horrific crime and it was his job to prosecute her for that crime. He never allowed her to get under his skin like Nurmi has. It's ironic that one of Arias' biggest 'haters' (I've always disliked that term and Arias' obsessive use of it) was on her own defense team. :moo:

I kind of can't fault for JA for getting under his skin.. she gets under most people's skin. And why not, she's a psychopath. Unless you have the preconfigured personality type that must remain emotionally detached in regards to criminally deviant behavior, she's going to illicit something from the human body in close contact. She's just that 'creepy,' and I've noticed how needy for 'attention' borderlines really are... they will not let you go.

IMO, JM had limited enough contact with her that he could breathe, I do find Nurmi weak in character generally, but I honestly can say he was dealing with someone worse...(?) so I cut his lack of coping mechanisms some slack in that regard. Juan's a prosecutor, this is what he wanted to do, he was prepared.

JM is a man of a totally different caliber though, but I'm not sure how much of Arias he could take either for extended close contact (I think he could get stressed/take it home with him as well, he's only human, and I'm sure much of the stress would be tied to his subconscious).. But acting as agents for the her conviction, Flores handled Arias much in the same manner as Juan did, I realized. They're true Type A professionals. They don't do it for the prestige, I get the feeling they've experienced rough environments and have compensated the management of those situations in ways most others do not only to now thrive in them naturally.

I'm still* not even done with Juan's book! Ahh, taking in the details, he does refuse to let her control his prosecution. He said he'd never had to do this before so... it's obvious he's familiar with the strategy of not letting 'his opponent' get the better of him though. So I suppose that means, he's battled other attorneys in much the same manner as Arias. They'll do anything for a win, no? Strange, because I always found Nurmi and Willmott the perfect representatives for Arias. Ugh

To this day, I still find it difficult to believe JA did this to him because of her size and TA has been working as you can see in the foot pic, his arms are quite defined. With that being said, adrenaline can make all the difference in the world.

BBM - Add in surprise, possibly after having had a camera flash in his face, or been tasered, or even sprayed in the eyes with whatever that spray can with the top off is, the one that's sitting beside the bathroom sink where he found himself hunkered spitting up blood... that's not even going into whether he had an upbringing that taught him to turn his back as a means of defense/protection when attacked or an aversion to hitting women.

The journal is on the floor in front of the passenger's seat? Look how the mat curves to accommodate the console. (I looked it up and think that's right). On the floor? No way he'd leave it there. Even though the floor is crazy clean and he probably never had a passenger.

I don't believe TA would have left those things in the garage. His well-thumbed bible? Really?

She read them there because the roommate was in the house at the time? She maybe thought he had something squirreled away in the Bible? Money?

I was actually quite surprised at the stain on the seat by the Bible, given his penchant for cleanliness. Though I suppose Naps might be to blame...

You can see light between his big toe and second so I don't think there's a sock on it. At least with this pic it's clear it is a foot, there's even a shadow under it, it's one of the reason's JM said during trial he thought T was dead by then, the position of his foot. But I don't think she could get his head up that high just by pulling on his arm, still requires more study.

I don't know why but I always thought his head was leaning up against her leg (her left leg).
Nothing I gleaned from studying the pic or anything, just the impression that was always in my head.

I don't know why but I always thought his head was leaning up against her leg (her left leg).
Nothing I gleaned from studying the pic or anything, just the impression that was always in my head.

Same... when you note the angle of her right foot, it just seems normal that her other leg/foot would be right up against him, possibly to help with leverage while moving him. As for the last pic, my main query about it is the height he seems to be raised, though the angle of the shot is likely just emphasizing it, similar to how small TA's foot appears in the leg pic.

This is far fetched, but is it possible....JM said the felon almost got away with the murder, the felon said mark my words no one will convict me, the felon murders TA, his camera is found with pictures in the washer, the felon stays for some time cleaning up...she has time to take more pictures, as a trophy, maybe a few pieces of TA clothes no one misses. Remember she thinks she is smarter then all, so she would want trophies. Who would know she is smart.
The felon leaves, takes the gun, the knife and maybe a taser (for those who think she used one), plus all this: Three gas cans, floor mats for the car, her clothing, shoes, toiletry articles an anything else she brought that day.

The felon drives and is late an ENTIRE day to meet up with another 'friend'.

Now rememeber this is preplanned...she had days, weeks, months to plan the murder. I think the murder seed was there a lot longer then we know. No one know her where abouts every day during these months the felons anger is building, the felon may have done a dry run of sorts, really studied the route, at least to an area where she could have stashed the trophies.

I am thinking, in the day she traveled and was late seeing her friend, she did stop to get rid of anything bloody, but I think she had another camera and took pictures after the murder as a memory....the trophies, pictures and anything TA related, are buried somewhere along the route for her to retrieve later....because she really thought he was 'home free'.

With the fact she had another gun and knives ready to leave again and probably going to kill..she woul want more trophies, (and I think it was Mimi and Deanna both next on the hit list)....I know BTK, here in Wichita, and other murders had lots of trophies. I bet the felon did too. Maybe one day a biker, hiker, builder, someone, will find these things. I just cannot see the felon destroying everything and not have extra pictures to look at again and again to boost her ego.

JMO

Do you think it is possible given this strange case?

The story he obviously wanted to tell was of her conviction. I imagine PP2 for him was just plain long and ugly and exhausting. And who knows, maybe he couldn't anyway because of that secret investigation going on.

What secret investigation?

That looks like her hair!

Re the squared off foot discussion, I think the square in the back of the toe might be the grout between the tiles.
jmo

@ Ms.Josie, Yes I think it's possible she took trophies. I still wonder just what her little sister took with her to "rehab", that allegedly happened shortly after TA's murder and before JA got arrested, iirc. One thing her mom had mentioned during her first interview with the defense, was that when JA first got official word about TA being found, she went to her little sister and not her(the mom) and it's the little sister that's been sticking up for her saying JA had killed him because of DV, though I don't recall her ever addressing the thousand miles JA had to drive to "defend" herself... Otoh, JA's half-sister was horrified at how JA had acted both after the murder and the memorial, like you would expect most would react, regardless of the reason for the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilyminx