Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #2

Add to that, she spent time with MM on night of June 2. He had a chance to know manipulation of sex pictures was a strategy somehow to get back at Travis.
This might be why defense didn't call him?

JM interviewed MM. He found him to have no knowledge of the premed or events of June 4. His participation was after Jodi's arrest

JM interviewed MM. He found him to have no knowledge of the premed or events of June 4. His participation was after Jodi's arrest

I'd have liked to learn more about Matt McCartney. I don't believe Matt or Brewer had any inclination of Arias' murder plans. The time she spent with Matt, which was speculated over by Rickshawfan above is intriguing. Was the roommate ever interviewed?

One of the new things I learned from the book was about the magazine she smuggled out - with the message intended for Matt. Pre-trial one - Arias acted as her own Defense and called a fellow prisoner to testify that the message was written by this new witness. Juan demolished the witness and Arias promptly handed back her Defense to her team. I'd have loved to have seen Martinez versus Arias - the lawyer.

I'd have liked to learn more about Matt McCartney. I don't believe Matt or Brewer had any inclination of Arias' murder plans. The time she spent with Matt, which was speculated over by Rickshawfan above is intriguing. Was the roommate ever interviewed?

One of the new things I learned from the book was about the magazine she smuggled out - with the message intended for Matt. Pre-trial one - Arias acted as her own Defense and called a fellow prisoner to testify that the message was written by this new witness. Juan demolished the witness and Arias promptly handed back her Defense to her team. I'd have loved to have seen Martinez versus Arias - the lawyer.

I would pay money to see Juan v Jodi....wielding her golf pencil acting like a lawyer. I'd also pay to see a tape of Martinez v Matt interview. I think MM probably peed his pants and left knowing if he got on the stand he would be demolished.

I would pay money to see Juan v Jodi....wielding her golf pencil acting like a lawyer.

Nothing says "I'm a lawyer" more than a box of golf pencils on the defense table with the name of your business stamped on them:

J.A.A. Esq. | Jane Of All Trades Atty Pro Per ~ Artiste ~ Photogra
s0020377_sc7

And don't forget the sharpeners (with inset blade so no sharp edges are accessible!) -- a vibrant color for each day of the week!
40259%20sharpener%20plastic%20single%20hole%20box%20of%2050.jpg

Do you think she may have used the shaving pic excuse to lure him from there to the shower? Or into the bathroom then forced him into the shower after shaving? Her flip-flopping around the shaving issue and her lack of clarity with how the post-sex time went intrigue me. What really happened then?

I think her wanting to redo the shaving pics was a way to manipulate her way in, either into his house or to the bathroom once there. I mean, she was planning in advance how she would do the deed in the bathroom. I think it was a clean up issue she was working out and decided bathroom was best location for the attack. I don't think she at any time forced him into the shower but once he was in she took advantage of that. I think she forced some of what he was seen doing in some of the pics, but I still think he was unaware of anything nefarious at the start--for him, it started out as just a shower.

I watched that show called "Murder Made Me Famous" and even though much of it was speculation because with certain facts no one really knows for sure, that show's rendition of the shower scene is one that I find highly plausible. She lured him into poses, he was unaware, she struck. It gave me chills, the probability of it happening that way was that high. In that scene, she snarls, "Are you thinking of me, Travis? Are you thinking of ME?" as she strikes with the knife!

Wow..

Just wanted to note, that is* indicative of obsessive/stalking predatory behavior. If someone usually shows that much vested interest, the problem is many persons with BPD utilize mental sabotage 'to keep the person near.' There is a threshold, usually psychologists have acknowledged that individual graduates/disregards the impact on the other individual - which to me sounds about right from my own experience, but once someone starts 'learning' how to compensate their triggers like this, I'd say, go with your gut for sure and maintain MUCH distance from that individual. The problem is, once they have focused on a particular individual - if they have, there is MUCH rage that causes discomfort and goes unchecked by the other party. It is over the top for anyone, hard to dislodge from that grip.

That person may not have even had borderline, may have just been a full-blown narcissistic psychopath on the way... trespassing is a criminal offense, no recognition of boundaries and lack of concern over things like, 'laws.' I'd have been frightened if an ex did that* to me. My father was former law enforcement so... I mean, it's no joke, these things!

WOW is right! People have to be aware of what is going on and trust their gut! I think Travis knew, had figured her out, but dismissed it. If he had paid more attention to what his brain was telling him than another part of his anatomy, he would be alive today--I am convinced of that.

Anyone who warns another about some psycho in their life needs to drive home the seriousness of it all. Don't let them dismiss the warnings. All too often the level of evil a person is capable of is not known until they do something like Jodi did. Or Shayna. Or stalkers who until recently were not even breaking the law in most jurisdictions for crying out loud!

It's better to err on the side of safety and keep those who say and do scary things at a distance--and don't let down your guard if they do come around.

WOW is right! People have to be aware of what is going on and trust their gut! I think Travis knew, had figured her out, but dismissed it. If he had paid more attention to what his brain was telling him than another part of his anatomy, he would be alive today--I am convinced of that.

Anyone who warns another about some psycho in their life needs to drive home the seriousness of it all. Don't let them dismiss the warnings. All too often the level of evil a person is capable of is not known until they do something like Jodi did. Or Shayna. Or stalkers who until recently were not even breaking the law in most jurisdictions for crying out loud!

It's better to err on the side of safety and keep those who say and do scary things at a distance--and don't let down your guard if they do come around.

And things tend to escalate. Jodi would drive by his house, follow him on dates. Jodi texted a girl as Travis from his phone. She moved on to social media stalking, anonymous emails. IMO, when she finally graduated to tire slashing, it gave her a rush...a release of her rage that felt very satisfying to her. JMO but I think this is why a knife was chosen to kill Travis. IMO it just felt so good to be able to release her rage in such a personal way.

JM said that, but iirc, didn't JM also say that MM got up and fled the interview?

And things tend to escalate. Jodi would drive by his house, follow him on dates. Jodi texted a girl as Travis from his phone. She moved on to social media stalking, anonymous emails. IMO, when she finally graduated to tire slashing, it gave her a rush...a release of her rage that felt very satisfying to her. JMO but I think this is why a knife was chosen to kill Travis. IMO it just felt so good to be able to release her rage in such a personal way.

There are always warning signs. People just choose to ignore or excuse them.

Post won't delete, so just the content.

Don't have anything more to add about JM's book. Sleuthing and commentary migrating.....

Add to that, she spent time with MM on night of June 2. He had a chance to know manipulation of sex pictures was a strategy somehow to get back at Travis.
This might be why defense didn't call him?

The DT didn't call Matt because Juan would get to cross-examine. And, since it seems he was involved in the pedo letters, that would not have been a good idea. JMO!

U

This is a quote from Conviction by Juan Martinez:

"Flores then showed me the other five photographs that had been taken during the same afternoon session. One, snapped at 1: 44: 00 P.M., was a close-up shot of Arias’ anal and vaginal areas. Another, taken by Arias fifty seconds later, showed Travis naked and on his back, exhibiting his erect penis. In the foreground of that photograph was a bottle of KY personal lubricant. This photo confirmed that the other participant in the sexual activity that day was indeed Travis. There was now no disputing that Arias had been there on June 4, on the day of the murder, contrary to her protestations to Detective Flores during their June 10 phone call. A fourth photo, taken at 1: 47: 14, was also of Travis. He was on his back and looking at the camera, with his right arm extended, as if motioning Arias to come over to him. The personal lubricant had been moved so that it was now closer to the head of the bed. The next photo, which did not have a time stamp, showed Arias, propped up on her elbows, turning her body to the camera as if to show off her breasts and vaginal area, her left pigtail cascading over her shoulder onto the bed, the right one lying between her breasts. The last of these six pictures showed Arias’ legs spread to display her pubic area.".

Does that theory reasonably fit with the evidence the jury convicted on above?

I believe they had sex that day, otherwise she would have not have been there that long. She could tried to shoot him and leave.

Also, a good reason for her to rinse him off in the shower. Ms Einstein thought she was washing away her DNA.

Don'tcha just hate it when one answer leads to a bevy of new questions? I've long puzzled about why Travis' shower slippers were in the middle of his bedroom floor when we know he took a shower, JM says early on in the book that there were pieces of carpet glued to the insides of them (to make them more comfortable). This seems the answer to the carpet fibers photographed on the bathroom floor, but it also leads to more questions - did he have them on at some point during the attack (thereby leaving fibers scattered around during it)? If so, how did they get back to his bedroom with no apparent blood on them? Were they analyzed for blood? It just seemed an odd comment for JM to make with nothing further stated (at least so far, I'm only on page 90, the book took much longer to arrive than it should have and now I have two copies).

Also, JM said there was a knee in one of the nudies, leading him to believe Travis was the one taking the pics, I haven't found that knee, or any sign of the photographer in my copies (but really appreciate having to look through them again :scared:), it's possible none of the available copies of those pics has that portion (which I think shows below the timestamp info) but I thought that was interesting.

I have not read the book yet but that comment is interesting. His participation after Jodi's arrest would be the false pedo letters.

I have not read the book yet but that comment is interesting. His participation after Jodi's arrest would be the false pedo letters.

Yes. Jodi was also trying to get him to say he'd seen bruises from Travis beating her. Martinez kept baiting Jodi with things like "and this man, MM, is someone you said would never betray you, right?"

Also, JM said there was a knee in one of the nudies, leading him to believe Travis was the one taking the pics, I haven't found that knee, or any sign of the photographer in my copies (but really appreciate having to look through them again :scared:), it's possible none of the available copies of those pics has that portion (which I think shows below the timestamp info) but I thought that was interesting.

I think it is interesting too after reading the book:

Conviction by Juan Martinez:

"All but a small number of the photographs could be proven to have been taken on June 4, 2008. The initial photograph in the first group, which was snapped at 1: 42: 53 P.M., placed Jodi Arias in Travis’ bedroom on the afternoon of June 4, although she had denied being there no more recently than April. In this photo, Arias was lying naked on Travis Alexander’s bed, her arms outstretched and her right leg bent at the knee, exposing the area between her legs. In the lower right-hand corner of that picture, barely visible, appears to be a knee, so police knew Travis must have been the photographer. Arias’ hair was in pigtails, one resting just above her left breast. She was not looking directly at the camera, posing seductively with her head turned slightly to the right."

I believe they had sex that day, otherwise she would have not have been there that long. She could tried to shoot him and leave.

Also, a good reason for her to rinse him off in the shower. Ms Einstein thought she was washing away her DNA.

Good point about the time and the shower DNA rinse attempt.

Did anyone know about this before the Juan Martinez book, Conviction?

Here is a quote:

"The witness was Heather Nitterauer, a fellow inmate of Arias’, who testified that she had been the one who had written the messages in the magazines as a way to communicate with her codefendant in an impending case. As implausible as her testimony was, what was even more strange was that the person interrogating Nitterauer was not Nurmi or Washington, but Jodi Arias herself, who had elected to proceed “propria persona,” or “pro per”—acting as her own lawyer for the purposes of these proceedings. The result was that for the first time, Arias and I were on opposite sides of the debate, addressing each other directly, without an intermediary. The seating arrangements in the courtroom also changed, with Arias now sitting in the lead counsel’s chair, just two feet away from me."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathangel333
Back