PTL (Peach Tree Landing)

And therein lies the problem for those of us who are sitting here going "In 3-5 minutes TM and/or SM can grab Heather, who has either already locked her car and has her phone and purse with her OR TM/SM grabbed Heather AND her purse and phone out of the car in that same 3-5 minutes, no sound is made, or not enough to wake anyone or no one is in those trailers on that particular night and there is still enough evidence left several days later that shows Heather didn't leave willingly. What the heck is that evidence?"

Whatever it was, It wasn't enough to get a search warrant.

I feel HE was strangled, by TM @ PTL in the truck. A gunshot, loud argument, screaming, tires spinning, etc would most likely have been heard by someone with the proximity of homes. It's a dogs nature to bark when noise is heard and there are many homes which I presume someone would have a dog. Mobile homes don't have the thickest of walls or windows, as well as most bedrooms are in the back which back up to PTL. The LE has never stated a complaint was investigated around that time. It has been mentioned the neighbors are used to cars coming and going at all hours to PTL....a gunshot would have been reported IMO.

TM has proven over & over she wants control...what better way than to have control over someone begging for a breath!

I'm posting a loudness chart which may help with understanding the relative sounds of regular sounds we hear all the time and gunshots.

Even a .22 caliber is loud. I wear ear protectors when shooting .22 revolvers and semi automatics.

http://www.m1911.org/loudness.htm

They may have found something as basic as a single shoe that TE recognized as belonging to HE and was proven to be hers through DNA. I agree that this was carefully planned to be accomplished quickly. They could use a stun gun to knock her to the ground and then strangle her. It would be silent and quick.

My theory is that on the video of the truck, the inside of the bed is shown, and HE is in there, tied up or whatever. That would show she was not in there of her own free will. I would love to see that video, is it taken from a side view or overhead, looking down.
MOO

I feel HE was strangled, by TM @ PTL in the truck. A gunshot, loud argument, screaming, tires spinning, etc would most likely have been heard by someone with the proximity of homes. It's a dogs nature to bark when noise is heard and there are many homes which I presume someone would have a dog. Mobile homes don't have the thickest of walls or windows, as well as most bedrooms are in the back which back up to PTL. The LE has never stated a complaint was investigated around that time. It has been mentioned the neighbors are used to cars coming and going at all hours to PTL....a gunshot would have been reported IMO.

TM has proven over & over she wants control...what better way than to have control over someone begging for a breath!
BBM: There are AT LEAST 2 dogs there. When I went out to PTL one morning, there were 2 or 3 dogs in a (chain link) pen. Just moments after shutting my car door, they went to barking and didn't stop the entire 30 minutes, or more, I was there.

Are surveillance cameras that detailed? It doesn't even sound like they were able to get a license plate.

I doubt it. I also doubt they would drive off with her out in the open truck bed where she could be seen by anyone able to see into the bed or by a camera. That's taking quite a big risk.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

A single gunshot may not have been reported. I hear lots of gunshots in the country and we have never reported one. Remember fireworks are legal in SC and waking from a deep sleep with the sound muffled by walls, you may not be sure what the noise was. Assuredly LE interviewed everyone living in the vicinity of PTL. I agree that HE was most likely strangled in the truck, but I don't rule out being shot or struck in the head. Sadly I actually hope that Heather's death occurred at PTL and that it was all over in 5 minutes. I pray that they have all the guilty parties and plenty of evidence.

You took the words right out of my mouth, stillwatersc. In the middle of the night, as it was, you might wake up, but good chance you wouldn't know what woke you up, if it was a single shot...even if you know it was a loud noise, if you don't hear anything else you would wonder, what it was. And then, after hearing nothing else, probably go right back to sleep. Probably not even remember it when you wake up later. IMO.

A single gunshot may not have been reported. I hear lots of gunshots in the country and we have never reported one. Remember fireworks are legal in SC and waking from a deep sleep with the sound muffled by walls, you may not be sure what the noise was. Assuredly LE interviewed everyone living in the vicinity of PTL. I agree that HE was most likely strangled in the truck, but I don't rule out being shot or struck in the head. Sadly I actually hope that Heather's death occurred at PTL and that it was all over in 5 minutes. I pray that they have all the guilty parties and plenty of evidence.

You are right that a single gunshot may not have been reported, if it occurred. Maybe everyone was asleep up there, maybe not.

I do hope LE did interview everybody, but wouldn't count on it. Heather was not really reported missing until Dec. 20.

When did LE suspect something may have happened at PTL? I have tried to find out if PTL ever was cordoned off as a crime scene, within a reasonable time of the alleged abduction and murder.

I have never been able to find a definitive answer, so I would think if the residents of that very close park were not interviewed right away, they would not remember a gunshot or gunshot-like sound, had they heard a sound like that.

You are right that a single gunshot may not have been reported, if it occurred. Maybe everyone was asleep up there, maybe not.

I do hope LE did interview everybody, but wouldn't count on it. Heather was not really reported missing until Dec. 20.

When did LE suspect something may have happened at PTL? I have tried to find out if PTL ever was cordoned off as a crime scene, within a reasonable time of the alleged abduction and murder.

I have never been able to find a definitive answer, so I would think if the residents of that very close park were not interviewed right away, they would not remember a gunshot or gunshot-like sound, had they heard a sound like that.

on Dec 19, the car was reported as having been there for awhile, LE went to Terry Elvis' home after looking up the license plate and identifying the owner, LE and Terry Elvis went to PTL so that Terry Elvis could identify the car, LE and Terry Elvis looked around PTL, Terry Elvis tried contacting Heather while at PTL but got no answer, Terry Elvis drove the car home, Terry Elvis knew something was not right and that Heather would not just leave her car there and NOT answer her phone, Terry Elvis reported Heather missing on Dec. 20, that is when PTL became a crime scene. :(

i hope that answered your question...if i have anything wrong, others i'm sure will correct me. thanks in advance

on Dec 19, the car was reported as having been there for awhile, LE went to Terry Elvis' home after looking up the license plate and identifying the owner, LE and Terry Elvis went to PTL so that Terry Elvis could identify the car, LE and Terry Elvis looked around PTL, Terry Elvis tried contacting Heather while at PTL but got no answer, Terry Elvis drove the car home, Terry Elvis knew something was not right and that Heather would not just leave her car there and NOT answer her phone, Terry Elvis reported Heather missing on Dec. 20, that is when PTL became a crime scene. :(

i hope that answered your question...if i have anything wrong, others i'm sure will correct me. thanks in advance
Which brings me back to what the heck is the evidence that makes them think she was murdered at PTL? Rhetorical question, really, but it is interesting to see what everyone else can think of. To my mind, if the above quote is correct ( and I believe to be so with the exception that the report was made on the 19th and verified on the 20th, and I am not sure if it was ever declared a crime scene until the bond hearing), that would mean something to effect that rob mentioned: that there might be video that shows the truck going one direction with an empty bed, and the other direction with something (a tarp covering something, something wrapped in a blanket, anything that is not specifically identifiable, but could be proven NOT to be there on the way to PTL) OR that something was found during the search ( in the water, woods, car, etc) that points that direction. (I like the shoe theory, BTW)

BBM: There are AT LEAST 2 dogs there. When I went out to PTL one morning, there were 2 or 3 dogs in a (chain link) pen. Just moments after shutting my car door, they went to barking and didn't stop the entire 30 minutes, or more, I was there.
That's good to know. But usually people with barking dogs let them bark and don't come out and check on them unless the pitch changes. Did anyone come out and check on the dogs to quiet them when you were there?

I know we have discussed this before, but if they noticed there was something wrong, why was Terry allowed to drive the car?

That's good to know. But usually people with barking dogs let them bark and don't come out and check on them unless the pitch changes. Did anyone come out and check on the dogs to quiet them when you were there?
No, but I was there in the morning, around 9:00, and there were people outside, already. The dogs were definitely barking at us (my husband and me). Their (assumed) owner waved at us and went about his business. Initially, I thought those barking dogs might rule out a struggle, of any sort. Then, I had someone else tell me that the dogs were not out there, when she drove to the landing. It was a Saturday, the day I went, so maybe the dogs aren't outside all the time. I don't know. I had more questions, than answers, after my visit to the landing. :confused:

I know we have discussed this before, but if they noticed there was something wrong, why was Terry allowed to drive the car?
Eileen, I've wondered that so many times. I remember the reports mentioning that he wore gloves, when he drove it, which never sat well with me. If they KNEW something was wrong, which is reiterated by TE wearing gloves, why drive the car at all? Why wasn't there more concern about potentially contaminating a moving crime scene?

Eileen, I've wondered that so many times. I remember the reports mentioning that he wore gloves, when he drove it, which never sat well with me. If they KNEW something was wrong, which is reiterated by TE wearing gloves, why drive the car at all? Why wasn't there more concern about potentially contaminating a moving crime scene?

The glove part almost makes it worst. Like LE says, "Okay, there might be evidence you could contaminate so wear the gloves!" I am just so confused as to why the car couldn't stay at PTL. It sounds more like LE didn't take the report that seriously when they first got it.

I don't recall anything written in MSM (so I can't point to anything), but I do believe if Terry Elvis drove it home, he would wear gloves, because even if the responding officer didn't think anything was murder worthy wrong, a father who gets text messages from their adult daughter about driving a truck during a date knows when something isn't right with said daughter's car being where it was found. JMO.

It's why I think the evidence was something that was found/seen later. The responding officer didn't see anything that made him think other than missing person. Also JMO.

Which brings me back to what the heck is the evidence that makes thabundantly" she was murdered at PTL? Rhetorical question, really, but it i. interesting to see what everyone else can think of. To my mind, if the above quote is correct ( and I believe to be so with the exception that the report was made on the 19th and verified on the 20th, and I am not sure if it was ever declared a crime scene until the bond hearing), that would mean something to effect that rob mentioned: that there might be video that shows the truck going one direction with an empty bed, and the other direction with something (a tarp covering something, something wrapped in a blanket, anything that is not specifically identifiable, but could be proven NOT to be there on the way to PTL) OR that something was found during the search ( in the water, woods, car, etc) that points that direction. (I like the shoe theory, BTW)

when you listen to Terry Elvis interview with Peter Hyatt, Terry Elvis states that it became "abundantly" clear minutes after being at PTL that something wasn't right

I thought maybe he and the police officer spotted something but that could not be true otherwise they would have made it a crime scene right away. Instead, imo, he tried several times to call Heather on her phone and it went straight to voicemail and this was out of character for her to not have been in contact with anyone. I think the police were foolish in not blocking the area off but I don't know how long a person has to be missing before an official investigation is opened

I know that Terry Elvis was panicked when he got home and it was late and it just wasn't right...just shortly after that I think a few hours is when he reported her missing. Probably when he checked the cell phone records.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back