**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

Status
Not open for further replies.
My zoom is set at 100% on my PC. I reduced it to 75% but it made no difference. I posted an image today and this is what the attachments now look like in my Settings. Note that there is only a check box for my latest 2 posts. I should have boxes next to every attachment, but I only have 2.

attachment.php

Testing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Helen 11 and Boris.jpg
    Helen 11 and Boris.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 252
If you delete them, they'll be removed from where you uploaded them.
Click on your name top right corner, click settings then scroll down to the last entry on the left, attachments

Roselvr, After spending a huge amount of time trying to resolve the issue of the missing boxes in my settings, I remembered your BIB. This was the cause of the problem. I was too focussed on the boxes and totally forgot your advice. Thank you so much.

I can't delete any others even if I wanted to because I don't have the little boxes to the right of the attachments in my Settings, and there's no way of highlighting them either. This is obviously a glitch.

I promised Spellbound and I'll now promise you ... I'll refrain from doing any further housekeeping on my PC as far as WS is concerned.

:tyou:

If you delete them, they'll be removed from where you uploaded them.
Click on your name top right corner, click settings then scroll down to the last entry on the left, attachments

While I was caught up in trying to resolve the problem with the missing boxes next to attachments in my settings, I totally forgot the BIB. This was the cause of the pics that went missing and gave me the black boxes with the white cross in my pics. After spending hours on this, I finally had a lightbulb moment and remembered your advice. Thank you so much.

I can’t delete any others even if I wanted to because I don’t have the little boxes to the right of the attachments in my Settings, and there’s no way of highlighting them either. This is obviously a glitch.

I promised Spellbound and I’ll now promise you … I’ll refrain from doing any further housekeeping on my PC as far as WS is concerned.

While I was caught up in trying to resolve the problem with the missing boxes next to attachments in my settings, I totally forgot the BIB. This was the cause of the pics that went missing and gave me the black boxes with the white cross in my pics. After spending hours on this, I finally had a lightbulb moment and remembered your advice. Thank you so much.

I can’t delete any others even if I wanted to because I don’t have the little boxes to the right of the attachments in my Settings, and there’s no way of highlighting them either. This is obviously a glitch.

I promised Spellbound and I’ll now promise you … I’ll refrain from doing any further housekeeping on my PC as far as WS is concerned.

Welcome. We're here if you need more help.

Is there a way to bookmark a thread so it will bring you back to the post you were reading before logging out? I like to read all posts in a thread, but I'm not sure how how to keep my place, as when I log in the next time and click my subscriptions it dumps me back at the beginning of the thread.

Is there a way to bookmark a thread so it will bring you back to the post you were reading before logging out? I like to read all posts in a thread, but I'm not sure how how to keep my place, as when I log in the next time and click my subscriptions it dumps me back at the beginning of the thread.

if you figure this out, let me know. I have not gotten the hang of it, either. But this is supposed to work (not always accurate, though--- at least not for me)

Go to your Subscribed Threads. For highlighted threads with new posts: See that pinkish envelope before each thread? just to its right is a black down-arrow. Click on that arrow and it is supposed to take you to your last read post (or it will be close). [I usually click on the last page number in the Subscribed list and back-track from there.]

- -
Or if you go directly to the thread, just under the title, above where posts start, is the same downward arrow. it should also take you to your first post. for some reason, this is not always accurate for me but usually is within a page.

hope that helps! Welcome to WS! Love your name!

THANK YOU!! It worked, at least for the first thread I tried it on. :loveyou:

Oops - meant to reply with quote. Still getting the hang of it around here!

(Is there a thread for tests posts, by chance?

I want to learn how to hyperlink (if that's the right word) or maybe it's embed. I mainly use Tapatalk and there doesn't seem to be a preview before I post and potentially muddy up a thread.)

This is a test to see if I can load a full size image by using Attachments because the Insert Image button above isn't working.

Also a test to see if I can edit or delete a post which I currently can't do.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 24
I can see the thumbnail above but if I click to see the larger version all I see is a black screen.

I still can't edit or delete my post. If I click Edit Post all I see is a blank box!!!

Second test to see if I can upload pic using a URL in Attachments

No, only get a thumbnail and I get the black screen so can't see anything.

I give up.

Attachments

• 125603725332812917402601197_Cavachon.jpg
    125603725332812917402601197_Cavachon.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 29
This is a test to see if I can load a full size image by using Attachments because the Insert Image button above isn't working.

Also a test to see if I can edit or delete a post which I currently can't do.

I can see and enlarge your pic easily, JudgeJ. it works on my end.

When you use the Image icon to insert, do you "upload files" after you select your pic? Choose from COMPUTER, tap 'Choose file", click on your desired pic, then tap "upload file" (it is just under the circled box for "choose file). It should pop into your post.

Do you have a forum question that only a Mod can answer? Ask it here. One of our wonderful Mods will be happy to help you.

*If it's a personal question, you are better off PMing a Mod rather than posting it here for all to see.
Hey. I am really struggling with this new layout.
If i click onto a link, it only shows one post and not the whole stem on the forum post. I like to set up a few threads to view when i visit, but new format only allows one thread at a time and even then i only see one post.
i doubt i will find this post again lol

why the change?

Jellybeanz, are you using a tablet? when that happens on my iPad, clearing history and a restart helps. I have gotten in the habit of doing that every night now.

The same can be tried if you are on a computer.

Thanks Spellbound, I think you were correct. I somehow had a mobile version of the forum on my PC. Was so frustrating, but now fixed. Thanks again for replying :thanks:

Now that I've enabled Compatibility Mode, I've turned Advanced Interface back on again in my settings and will try to upload a full-size pic. Let's see if it works. Here goes.

attachment.php

Attachments

• brunch.jpg
    brunch.jpg
    675.6 KB · Views: 192
Hopefully this will be my final test to see if everything on my long list is now working. Everything is working except Smileys which are freezing the page 50% of the time and I need to do a restart on my PC. Otherwise all is great.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Rudi 3.jpg
    Rudi 3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 188
Finally found the right thread to test my sig appearance. I know there's a preview function but I am wanting to road test it. Things that work in theory in the lab work different outside the lab.

(Is there a thread for tests posts, by chance?

I want to learn how to hyperlink (if that's the right word) or maybe it's embed. I mainly use Tapatalk and there doesn't seem to be a preview before I post and potentially muddy up a thread.)

How to hyperlink:

We have lost our hyperlink icon. The one you see here above the Quick Reply box that looks like a globe with a chain underneath is only for links, not hyperlinks. There is a workaround though.

Open the website you’re linking and then open a Word page. Ensure at least part of the web address (URL) is visible behind your Word doc.

Type your post in Word up to where you want to insert the hyperlink. Click Insert, Links, Hyperlink. A popup box will appear.

In the Text to display box, type the word or phrase that people will click on (I use "here" – but omit quotation marks).
Right click the address bar of the website you’re linking, then click on your Word page.
The URL will automatically be inserted into Address at the bottom of the popup box. Press OK.
Then copy and paste on the forum. If you copy as opposed to cut, if it doesn’t work out you won’t have to start all over again.

To preview before submitting the post, click on Go Advanced underneath the Quick Reply box. If the hyperlink is there, it will be blue. If not, just back arrow out of it without submitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost