**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's become of the was-standard 10 minutes allowed for editing one's post without being branded with the 'Last edited by xxxx; Today at xx:xx xx' iron? Down at least to two minutes now and I suspect completely gone.
^ I noticed this yesterday when it was less than a minute :eek:
Oh yes, I really miss this feature. I loved those 10 mins to fix grammar and spelling and pretend like I had just got it right the first time around!
Oh no! Have we totally lost the ability to edit our posts now? I understand the need to register that there has been an edit but now I can't even fix a typo?

ETA: Whew! lol. Maybe the time period for an edit has just been shortened...plus the automatically tagging "last edited by"
I'm afraid so, at least for the time being. You have a very short time span in which you can edit. I believe the current setting is 15 minutes. After one minute, the post will show as being edited (I.e. "last edited by...") beneath the post.

On this point, I have to ask -- if someone is banned here, are they allowed to return under a different user name? My guess is no, but I think I've seen it happen. Well, I'm absolutely sure I've seen it happen, and sometimes the returnees are banned, sometimes...hm...

ETA -- what is the proper procedure if we see that someone has circumvented a ban?
There are rare exceptions, very rare.

As always, if you spot a problem, please use the alert feature, or send a pm to an admin or a mod.

Thanks.

Chiming in to say this new change is difficult for those of us who post (almost) exclusively via Tapatalk. I (used to) use the edit feature to go back to add snips/quotes, IMG codes (especially if they needed to be resized), but most of all to fix errors because of the small screen size makes it hard to see my errors until I've posted them. :blushing:

I'm hoping there can be even a slight increase in time. I'm guessing this is either a server, query, or vBulletin issue. Also the # of smileys per post has been reduced from 20 to 5. I'm not sure if this is just a tapatalk issue or for everyone.

Anyway, now that I'm aware of it, I'll just have to adjust accordingly. :sigh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kimi, read my previous post for clarification.

My search button has completely disappeared with the recent Tapatalk update. I have tried logging off, then on, refreshing, updating and nothing works. Is this a change in the forum?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

HI!

Can you pls extend the edit time back to the three hours - you end up having to post 18 different posts in row, cause you cant add something to a post earlier!!

Not that fast! It takes tome to find stuff you want to add to your post but it wont let you -- so it turns into to new post which translates to 18 posts in a row !!!

Has posting been altered into centering all text line by line? I find it most annoying -- and an eyesore -- to read paragraphing which spreads individual sentences into some sort of poetic, free verse nonsense.

I've had centred text happen to me twice. I was advised to click on the x at the right-hand side of the yellow banner at the top of the screen. I did and the text then appeared normally. It happened again about 3 days ago but this time I didn't see the x. Yesterday I did see it, clicked on it and everything is now back to normal. Hope this helps.

ETA I don't see a yellow banner at all on this page!!!

I've had centred text happen to me twice. I was advised to click on the x at the right-hand side of the yellow banner at the top of the screen. I did and the text then appeared normally. It happened again about 3 days ago but this time I didn't see the x. Yesterday I did see it, clicked on it and everything is now back to normal. Hope this helps.

ETA I don't see a yellow banner at all on this page!!!

Thanks. I will keep your suggestion in mind but I have not seen a yellow banner anywhere in Websleuths unless you mean the Ad Banner (which I defeat by browsing with Tracking Protection "on"). Anyway, I pm-ed a moderator on Sunday and by 7:30 pm ET Monday the full-blown website problem (for me) had disappeared. Until then, it was terrible. :gasp:

Is there some way to get notifications when a thread I've posted to has new posts? Or keep track of what threads I'm involved in?

The way that works for me is to put it on my subscription list then I get notifications anytime a new post lands in a thread I'm following

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Is there some way to get notifications when a thread I've posted to has new posts? Or keep track of what threads I'm involved in?

At the top toolbar click the down arrow on "Forum Actions" click on "General Settings".

On the left under subscriptions click on "Edit Folders".

You can now add new subscriptions which will automatically give you updates when new posts are made.

Want help. How can one "prevent" the appearance " of power posting" when the edit functions seem to have changed recently.

If one posts about XX , and then finds out after 15 minutes that they want to supplement their there post on xx, and attempt to do so, and spending time to try to post different /new information's on xx, gets bounced cause because 15 minutes have passed. The only choice is create a new post .

My understanding of power posting is if one is engaging in, for lack of a better phrasing, is attacting a poster than has a different conclusion than one does. None of my posts were inflammatory.

My relentless posts were adding info to an earlier post that I was unable to add to the post that was about XX.

That being said, exactly how is one to not be "power posting" when none of us are able to add to our initial postings.

The forum has been loading and reloading like a snail the last few days. Seems to be something to do with the long advertising panel on the right side even though there are almost no ads. Not that I miss the ads but at one time there were as many as 10+ ads per page and the pages loaded very snappily.

The forum has been loading and reloading like a snail the last few days. Seems to be something to do with the long advertising panel on the right side even though there are almost no ads. Not that I miss the ads but at one time there were as many as 10+ ads per page and the pages loaded very snappily.

Dave is working on this today. Hopefully by the weekend it will be all done

I just registered a few days ago and I'm eager to start a thread but it looks like I can't start one at the moment. Will I be able to start a thread after a certain amount of time or posts?

Yes, after a certain amount of posts you are allowed to start a thread. Of course for the life of me I can't remember how many posts you have to have before you can start a thread so let me find out and get back to you.
Tricia

I just registered a few days ago and I'm eager to start a thread but it looks like I can't start one at the moment. Will I be able to start a thread after a certain amount of time or posts?

Pallacat try and start a thread now. I think I may have fixed it. If not let me know.

Tricia

The quick links tab is not working since the new format started this AM.

a few members are experiencing similar issues with the quick link tab. Seems to be ones on tablet type devices. It was mentioned here

beach will call it to our technician's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769