+quote How do I use it?

kadman

Whittling Time
Reaction score
How does one use the +quote option? I understand the reply option easily enough, and regularly hit reply on multiple posts to address points, which I thought the +quote option was there for, but when I click it, nothing seems to appear. I couldn't see anything in the help files. Tutor me someone?

@kadman , that's for quoting 2 or more posts within your single post.

The quoted posts won't appear at first, but you'll get a box that says Include Posts? (or something similar) and you click again, and there they are in your Reply box!

Give it a try, you'll see how it works, remember to click +Quote in 2 different posts....

;)

How does one use the +quote option? I understand the reply option easily enough, and regularly hit reply on multiple posts to address points, which I thought the +quote option was there for, but when I click it, nothing seems to appear. I couldn't see anything in the help files. Tutor me someone?

@kadman , that's for quoting 2 or more posts within your single post.

The quoted posts won't appear at first, but you'll get a box that says Include Posts? (or something similar) and you click again, and there they are in your Reply box!

Give it a try, you'll see how it works, remember to click +Quote in 2 different posts....

;)
okay, i see what happens now.
1. click +quote in each one you want
2. in the reply box click "insert quotes"
3. choose your quotes
4. then reply.

This is a longer way about than just clicking "reply" in each post you want to comment to. You can hit multiple replies and just start typing. It seems an easier way to me.

okay, i see what happens now.
1. click +quote in each one you want
2. in the reply box click "insert quotes"
3. choose your quotes
4. then reply.

This is a longer way about than just clicking "reply" in each post you want to comment to. You can hit multiple replies and just start typing. It seems an easier way to me.

Depends -- sometimes media will post conflicting information, sometimes posters will offer two good ideas -- and you'll see a possible connection.

Now you know how to use multi-quote when the need arises!

jmho ymmv lrr

Just a reminder that when you quote a post or posts, do not type your response within a quoted post. To start your reply to a quoted post, make sure you place your cursor in the white space underneath/outside of the quoted post. Otherwise, if you respond within a quoted post, it will look like the original poster said what you said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost
Back