Raven is innocent!

Rooster said:
I just thought we could start a thread to observe some other options. I read that post awhile back, from NCbanker, saying his "solid" source had cleared him. I thought maybe we could come up with some other ideas. Like...I belive it was a robbery gone bad. I think someone was there robbing the house...then Janet suprised the burglar...and he/she stabbed her.
You could be right. While the things we've been discussing here do make me wonder, I am not 100% convinced it was Raven. I do want to say, however, that I find it highly unlikely that Raven would have been cleared so shortly after the murder. Whether it was him or not, I don't think that all of the evidence would have been back after only 3 weeks, would it?

This line keeps jumping out at me:

(Investigators) say it was not a random crime and the public is not in any danger.

Eyewitness News 11.com: New Video Surfaces of Abaroas

Maybe it wasn't Raven but LE seems pretty confident that Janet was definitely the intended target. From what we've been hearing about Janet, I can't imagine why anyone would target her.

JerseyGirl said:
This line keeps jumping out at me:

(Investigators) say it was not a random crime and the public is not in any danger.
With that statement said, it couldn't be a robbery that went bad..otherwise the public would be in danger.

Golfmom....were you the reason of the new publicity? If so, :clap: :clap: :clap:

NCBanker said:
Burglars don't typically stab the homeowners. They run. We have no evidence that anything was stolen. The press certainly hasn't indicated that it appeared to be a robbery, and the police said it wasn't a random crime. Robberies are random crimes. This was personal. It has been stated that she only suffered from 3 stab wounds. That is methodical and planned.
And if it were a robbery, why do it between 7 and 11 P.M. Wouldn't you be afraid that the spouse would come home, a car would drive by, the neighbor would pull into their driveway, etc. Why not pull off the robbery at 2 or 3 in the morning when it's much less likely you'll get caught? There are burglars that will enter a home while people are awake but it's fairly uncommon. Most of them will wait until they can get in and get out without possible confrontation.

Rooster said:
He's been "cleared" by LE. They haven't arrested him. I know they are way ahead of all this stuff the poeple on this sight come up with. Not that it's not good relivent stuff. I just think LE is way ahead of it.
Well, the media sure wasn't. Golfmom just posted a new story about the media coming across a Christmas video of the Abaroa's. Misterallgood found that video weeks ago! I don't know what LE knows but it is possible that posters here have found stuff of which LE wasn't aware - especially if they didn't take a computer into evidence.

JerseyGirl said:
Well, the media sure wasn't. Golfmom just posted a new story about the media coming across a Christmas video of the Abaroa's. Misterallgood found that video weeks ago! I don't know what LE knows but it is possible that posters here have found stuff of which LE wasn't aware - especially if they didn't take a computer into evidence.
Do you think there was a reason the media left out the line "I collect knives" when they showed the video and wrote up the story?

ewwwinteresting said:
With that statement said, it couldn't be a robbery that went bad..otherwise the public would be in danger.

Golfmom....were you the reason of the new publicity? If so, :clap: :clap: :clap:

Heck, I don't know. Ya'll know I had that *off* day around here and started ranting. I did send out a *few* emails that day. :angel:

Over in the discussion thread I just posted about the difference between confirmed and credible.

It is very important when we shift through the facts of this case to make sure that we understand the difference. Especially since almost all information we have are coming through sources or Raven's online activity.

golfmom said:
Heck, I don't know. Ya'll know I had that *off* day around here and started ranting. I did send out a *few* emails that day. :angel:
Well......here's to more *off* days:woohoo:

ewwwinteresting said:
Exactly!!! IMO, LE would not try to put that community at ease if they believed that this was random since the perp hasn't been arrested yet, and could still be out there.

ewwwinteresting said:
Do you think there was a reason the media left out the line "I collect knives" when they showed the video and wrote up the story?
Of course ... libel.

Rooster said:
Maybe his lawyer is advising him not to talk to the media. Maybe his is doing everything he can to help LE find Janets killer. If you knew you were a POI would you go on T.V. and beg the person who did this to turn themselves in? I'm sure LE is doing their job and has asked everyone in the neighborhood what they know. They have also publicly asked anyone with any information to contact them. So the public knows who to call if they know anything. I'm sure Raven, and the families, want to find the murderer more than anyone else. Just because they arn't on the news everyday it dosen't mean they arn't helping LE.
If I knew that I was innocent of a crime, especially the murder of my spouse, I would still b doing everything I can to get this case in people's faces--even if that was going against the advice of my lawyer and if it means that there would be even more focus on my prior indescressions (embezzlement). Maybe that's the real reason he won't speak out--to save himself. Selfish _______. (fill it in with what sounds good to you)

Rooster said:
Is there someone lurking on this site, who played soccer with Raven on the night of April 26th, who wants to back up Ravens alibi? (dosn't hurt to ask. :eek: ) PM me if you want to.
Or better yet, pm golfmom or mr.ag. But it's been already been asked and so far no bites--to my knowledge, of course.

Jenifred said:
Or better yet, pm golfmom or mr.ag. But it's been already been asked and so far no bites--to my knowledge, of course.
I agree, an established member would be the best place to send any "inside information".

Rooster said:
Dude or dudette took a lap top. And probably didn't leave it behind to be fingerprinted.

Hi Rooster! Welcome to WS.

I have a quick question, do you have a link or source for the information that a laptop is missing? There's been a lot of speculation on this topic, but to my knowledge we haven't come up with anything solid.

Thanks!

Rooster said:
All of them run...no exceptions? Maybe the house wasn't locked. So no forced entery was needed. Leading the police to belive that it was someone they knew.
with a baby in the house?

Rooster said:
Dude or dudette took a lap top. And probably didn't leave it behind to be fingerprinted.
Hi Rooster,

Welcome to the board.

To my knowledge we were discussing a computer the whole time on this board. How did you know it was a laptop? How did you know it was missing?

Any information you can provide will be valued, I am sure.

Thanks,
Moxie

JerseyGirl said:
Of course ... libel.
libel is written word, slander is spoken, and if Raven said it it really wouldn't libel or slander him... it would be fact, and the inference from his statement -- if any at all -- would be left up to the public.

some would say... ooh, the weapon was a knife, must be him.
some would also say... collecting knives does not a murderer make.

PrayersForMaura said:
libel is written word, slander is spoken, and if Raven said it it really wouldn't libel or slander him... it would be fact, and the inference from his statement -- if any at all -- would be left up to the public.

some would say... ooh, the weapon was a knife, must be him.
some would also say... collecting knives does not a murderer make.
Here is the definition of libel:

1 a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought
b : archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone

2 a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression
b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt
(2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means
(3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures
(4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

IMO, if I were a news editor, the above definition is a bit too loose for me to take the chance.

JerseyGirl said:
Here is the definition of libel:

1 a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought
b : archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone

2 a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression
b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt
(2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means
(3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures
(4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

IMO, if I were a news editor, the above definition is a bit too loose for me to take the chance.
I used to be a crime reporter and a news editor 10 years ago and I guess we were quite lucky we never got sued, then, lol... :doh:

My opinion is, the news story wasn't complete, and they chose to make known that he has a new knife.... so they obviously used a statement that could cause one to raise a brow...
Raven saying he collects knives was a direct quote from Raven, and not a story written by a reporter with a slant on it... I think more libelous would be a statement from the news editor saying "Raven collects knives, a knife was used to kill Janet, therefore, Raven is most likely guilty".

So, are we all libeling Raven by writing this stuff? Because what we write and have uncovered seems to reach more people than that news story did.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoxiannaWine
Back