Raven Says . . .

golfmom said:
4. Raven turned on the light???? It was late at night, why was the light off in the bedroom/office? Did Janet flee to that room? How could a stranger navigate in the dark with such deadly accuracy? Would a stranger be considerate to turn off the light before he left after murdering Janet?
My guess is that the "light was off" because Raven couldn't make the claim that he innocently went to kiss Kaiden goodnight if that light was on. If he had approached Kaiden's room, and the light was on in the room across the hall, he would have seen Janet and the blood before kissing Kaiden. Which means that it must be important to his story that he kissed Kaiden. And the question is - why would that be important? I guess for the same reason that running back & forth looking for cell phones is important. Because there was time between the attack and the 911 call when Raven was disposing of a weapon. There was no frantic search for a phone; there were no kisses for Kaiden. After attacking Janet, Raven ran out of the house to dispose of the weapon. He probably ran to the car to pull on the handle on his way past to make it look like his cell phone story was true.

My bet is that the attack happened slightly earlier than 10:50 and that the murder weapon is VERY close to the house on Ferrand Drive - within running distance, and probably past the little stream where the currency was found. The heart-warming story about kissing his sleeping baby was just that - a story - a way that Raven found to use Janet's baby boy to cover for what he had done. Good father? I think not.

golfmom said:
So what made the coroner suspect that Janet might be pregnant?
Hmmm, very interesting. Perhaps Raven's claim of Janet being in her normal "bad cramps" position was a part of it. I wonder how many times he might have repeated that statement or similar remarks. Maybe it seemed that he was pounding the idea that she was premenstrual. If he said it one too many times, it might have started to make investigators wonder.

Where has everybody gone?? I would expect this forum to be buzzing with this new information. Pages of the autopsy are on the internet and it's just the regulars here?

Jenifred said:
Where has everybody gone?? I would expect this forum to be buzzing with this new information. Pages of the autopsy are on the internet and it's just the regulars here?
You think we could get Steve to post the entire autopsy report? I didn't see where it was mentioned on the pages he posted that she was pregnant.

PATHOLOGICAL DIAGNOSIS

Stab wound to the neck.
Incision of the right subclavian artery.
Perforation of the right lung.​
Hemothorax, right​
Stab wound to the chest.
Perforation of the sternum.
Incision of the pericardium.​
Stab wound to the third digit of the right hand.
Pregnancy.

CAUSE OF DEATH: Stab wound to the neck.

golfmom said:
I know that this is an overwhelming and stunning turn of events being described within the ME report.

Random Musing:

1. Rooster's whole senario for that evening is impossible based on this new information. No way would Raven have time to race all over looking for his cell phone transferring blood. I never felt it likely for him to have left the cell phone in the car anyway. Especially if they didn't have a landline.

So we know there is really no plausible reason for blood transfer at the Durango.

2. Based on the times, Raven WAS in the house when the murder occurred. Even under the most generous of timeframes favoring Raven, it would appear he shook hands with the SODDI as he left.

3. The whole on her knees senario just makes no kind of sense. And as SES has pointed out to me, Janet's pants were not kept.

4. Raven turned on the light???? It was late at night, why was the light off in the bedroom/office? Did Janet flee to that room? How could a stranger navigate in the dark with such deadly accuracy? Would a stranger be considerate to turn off the light before he left after murdering Janet?

5. Raven's actions prior to Janet's death speak of a highly organized person and this seems like a very organized death scene. The only items missing ... the laptop and the murder weapon. Give me a freakin' break, those are the only two items that could implicate Raven, hence their disappearance.
What if rooster was raven, a friend of raven's, or a family member of raven's and these facts/ideas are what raven wants people to believe? It wouldn't look good if he found his wife murdered and all he did was roll her over (from a kneeling position?) and then call 911. IMO, to look good, he would have to at least tell people he knew that he tried to save her, wouldn't he? And the running around looking for a cell phone to call 911 makes sense if you are trying to portray a confused, in shocked spouse.

The fact that the paramedics tried to revive her means, to me, that she was still warm and passed away recently. If she had been dead for 2 - 3 hours, I would think professional medical personnel would know that "hooking her up" wouldn't do any good...she would be cold.

AND the whole light thing is interesting GM! I thought of that too when I read his narrative. Why was the light out? She wasn't dressed to go to bed. She had a shirt, pants, earrings, and shoes on still! And which light was on that he could see Janet on her knees (looking like she is having cramps)? Can we say with almost 100% accurancy that someone that just committed a brutal murder would take the time to turn the light out??

AND as we mentioned before, why wouldn't raven be scared for his own life or that of his 6 month old son's? Let's say that Janet actually died at 10:25 pm (prior to raven returning home). raven returns home, kisses Kaiden, finds Janet and calls 911 at 10:58 pm. raven could have had time to save her, run around looking for a phone, etc......but, if he had time to do all of that, why wouldn't he have grabbed Kaiden and ran to the neighbor to call 911....not knowing whether this person(s) were still in the house?

ewwwinteresting said:
The fact that the paramedics tried to revive her means, to me, that she was still warm and passed away recently. If she had been dead for 2 - 3 hours, I would think professional medical personnel would know that "hooking her up" wouldn't do any good...she would be cold.
I've heard that if 911 is called that the paramedics have to try and revive the person. Even if the person passed away say, in their sleep and no one noticed it until the next morning. I could be wrong on this point, but.......

If that's not the case, then in the paramedic's mind Janet must have been in a state that they thought she could be revived. Right? And that would go along with the idea that she was killed close to the time that Raven returned home.

How accurate is TOD? Did we hit on that (I tend to scan over long posts that are more scientifically based)?

Jenifred said:
I've heard that if 911 is called that the paramedics have to try and revive the person. Even if the person passed away say, in their sleep and no one noticed it until the next morning. I could be wrong on this point, but.......

If that's not the case, then in the paramedic's mind Janet must have been in a state that they thought she could be revived. Right? And that would go along with the idea that she was killed close to the time that Raven returned.

How accurate is TOD? Did we hit on that (I tend to scan over long posts that are more scientifically based)?

The time is basically listed as about, meaning approximately. Usually, they can get pretty accurate up to 30 minutes. But, I too tend to glaze over when I see long scientific posts.

golfmom said:
The time is basically listed as about, meaning approximately. Usually, they can get pretty accurate up to 30 minutes. But, I too tend to glaze over when I see long scientific posts.
I figured that they could get as close to the actual time as possible. But it's got to be within the hour right? Body temperature and rigidity can tell you that it's not much more than what, 3 hours or so?

Jenifred said:

If that's not the case, then in the paramedic's mind Janet must have been in a state that they thought she could be revived. Right? And that would go along with the idea that she was killed close to the time that Raven returned home.

Actually, I don't think it is a requirement that they try to revive everyone. If it is obvious that a person has passed away, cold for example, they announce DOA at the scene. So, it makes me think that the TOD is pretty accurate and that she was still warm when paramedics arrived. I hate to be graphic here at all, but think this is very important. All along, we (or at least I) was thinking that TOD didn't really matter because it would be a guess within a 3 hour time frame or so, but to actually know that:

TOD is about 10:55 pm AND
that there was evidence of paramedics hooking Janet up AND
that one of the stab wounds fatally killed her quickly..
she couldn't have been deceased that long before paramedics arrived around 11:00 pm or so.

raven placing himself home around the TOD is astounding to me:eek: . I'm still trying to take it all in.

ewwwinteresting said:
TOD is about 10:55 pm AND
that there was evidence of paramedics hooking Janet up AND
that one of the stab wounds fatally killed her quickly..
she couldn't have been deceased that long before paramedics arrived around 11:00 pm or so.

raven placing himself home around the TOD is astounding to me:eek: . I'm still trying to take it all in.

EWI, that right there sums it up. I'm struggling as well trying to get my brain and heart around these facts.

The autopsy said on this page: http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/archives/abaroaautopsypg6.jpg

that the body was cold and rigor was "complete". Does that just mean at the time of the autopsy? I guess it would have to because we know TOD and when the paramedics were called. It just stuck out to me as something odd to report, because all bodies should be in that state prior to autopsies. Or do they do autopsies on "warm" bodies?

It is a holiday weekend. But I think and am not too sure, but a lot of regular posters did not know Janet personally(not to say anything about how you feel about the case, it is obvious the concern here daily. I do not mean to down play any bodies emotions).

Right now there are so many hard and cold facts coming out almost daily, that it is sickening. For so long it was a mystery as to how bad, the time line of events, Raven's possible innocence. When you add the pregnancy and an autopsy report, it makes it all too real.

I only post when something really moves me, no matter the direction. But picturing the girl we knew being stabbed 3 times and pregnant and left to bleed to death down the hall from her son is too much. That cold hearted SOB left her and her unborn child to die. If people aren't posting, I for one feel like it is because we are tired of seeing Janet's memory reflect only of her death.

Who wants to rehash such a brutal moment? I know we want answers, they seem to be coming quite rapidly. But to have to read the gory details and throw our thoughts into 500 different ways is asking a whole lot for those who love her so much. The scenerios constantly being posted are all possible, but it is hard to picture it over and over. This is a real live person, not a mystery book to solve.

Again I am sounding like I am being unappreciative. Sometimes what you write doesn't read the way you want. All of you here have done an outstanding job on all of the information. It is an unreal amount of support. Don't think the part timers have dissappeared. I just think some of us are shell shocked. It is all so real all over agin. Finding out Janet was pregnant was just as sad for me and others. It was like finding out she was dead for the first time again.

I am sorry to blab on and not make sense. It is overwhelming to be finding out the intimate details. And very hard to collect yourself afterwards. In all honesty I just want to see Raven come forward and be prosecuted. I don't know how much longer Kaiden needs to be with a physchopathic murderer before the law decdes to pick it up a notch and put him with Janet's family where he belongs. It's ridiculous! But I guess we'll find out why this has been a turtle race soon enough. Raven might be as fast and slick as the rabbit, but the turtle wins in the end.

Annandale:
I, and I'm sure most of us posters here, have never tried to demean Janet or what happened to her in our posts...however, this is a crime sleuthing community and that is what the forum is for. As hard as it is to reread various scenarios or ideas or the details, that is how we bounce ideas off each other as we sleuth our way through this crime.

I can only imagine how hard it is for you and others close to Janet...to the point I could understand why some wouldn't even read this site. I wish there was a memorial site set up for Janet where her close friends and family can read, post and share their memories of her. I have no idea why there hasn't been one set up already. Again, I feel for you and the family and am sorry that you have to deal with this tragedy.

juliagoulia said:
The autopsy said on this page: http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/archives/abaroaautopsypg6.jpg

that the body was cold and rigor was "complete". Does that just mean at the time of the autopsy? I guess it would have to because we know TOD and when the paramedics were called. It just stuck out to me as something odd to report, because all bodies should be in that state prior to autopsies. Or do they do autopsies on "warm" bodies?
Whoever is doing the autopsy reports exactly what is presented to him...so if his reports says that the body was cold and rigor was "complete" it means at the time he performing the external assessment which is all part of the autopsy usually performed first. A visual exam of what the ME sees/feels is noted.

golfmom said:
From the autopsy report:

NARRATIVE SUMMARY OF CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING DEATH

26 year old female was in the office/bedroom of her home. Her husband came home and the residence door was unlocked. he went upstairs and saw her on the floor in a kneeling position. This was not unusual because it's the position she took whenever she had real bad cramps. However, when he turned the light on, he saw all the blood. He rolled her over and saw that she was not breathing. He thought she had been shot, and called 911. Police have not found a murder weapon.

She was pregnant- why would she have cramps? If she was having cramps that bad- she should have been on her way to the hospital.
Has anyone heard how far along she was in her pregnancy?

mysteriew said:
Has anyone heard how far along she was in her pregnancy?
In the media report that originally mentioned her pregnany, there was a video. While playing the video, I paused at the part that showed a small piece of the report. Since it was just a corner, I can't be sure of what all it said but I did notice that a certain blood test was done to determine pregnancy. What we'd need to know is what test (if there is more than one - HCG), what the numbers were, and if the uterus showed anything - a placenta, growth, a thickening of the lining, etc. If all they "saw" to determine that she was pregnant was a blood test, then she couldn't have been far along at all.

The first 8 weeks of pregancy are amazing. At four weeks, you're usually just missing your cycle. That's often the time that people first realize that they're pregnant. Many of you probably know all of this already but even after 3 children, I don't know the details of which week the placenta develops, etc. Here are a couple of links so that if we ever manage to get numbers, we can possibly pin this down more:

WebMD with AOL Health - Pregnancy Week by Week: Pictures, Calendar, and Development (click on the different blocks to see what happens week by week)

MDAdvice.com - Health Library - Pregnancy: Week by Week

Q & A: What is beta hCG?

WebMD with AOL Health - Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG)

HCG Levels in Pregnancy

(HCG is the test done to determine pregnancy - it can be checked from a blood sample or a urine sample.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair
Back