Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better to make the wrong finding in the beginning and get the "bad guy" in the end, than pull an OJ and lose their chance forever....

Yeah...but that's like chosing between bad and worse, bud....where's Quincy when we need him? ;)

ETA: "Quincy"...I think I've aged myself. ;)

I'm betting LE wasn't giving them much information and they were probably just told recently of the ME's conclusion? We know earlier they said LE wasn't contacting them even though the news reports made it sound otherwise. I'm still very concerned about that. I think it's inexcusable, but also is there some reason LE wanted to keep them at bay? I'd be hopping mad if I were them and now thoroughly disgusted. It appears they not only think she would never do it, let alone in that way, but they are saying there are holes in their theory and they have a suspect. Maybe they hired a PI or maybe all along they had their suspicions?

IMO, a PI would be a great idea. If LE reports this as a suicide, then there needs to be a private investigation of everyone.

BBM
What did they (the family) say before? JS has said very little through this whole thing. Be interesting to see if he does say anything now.

His lack of emotion and lack of emotional comment says a whole lot to me.

9/1 Patch: Family Rejects Suicide as Cause of [RN]'s Death at Spreckels Mansion

... calling for a continued probe into how she died ...

... detectives discussed the likelihood of a suicide finding ...

The family would like other experts called in ...

There is also concern about a note found at the mansion ... the family believes is not in [RN]'s writing.

... note's meaning “is ambiguous at best,” ...

... [RN] believed people who commit suicide “go to he**” ...

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/family-rejects-mansion-suicide-finding

9/1 APNewsBreak: Sister: Mansion death ruled suicide

"It doesn't add up," she told The Associated Press. "Nothing adds up."

... told her they found no suicide note.

... text messages on her phone from months earlier about "issues" between her and [JS]'s children.

... she planned to bring Jonah Shacknai breakfast and a change of clothes the next morning to the hospital ...

"Too detailed planning for someone who's planning to end their life that night," [RN's sister] said.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/sep/01/apnewsbreak-sister-mansion-death-ruled-suicide/?ap

Let's wait until we hear what LE has to say. I have an open mind. The family of RN/RZ does not want it to be suicide, I can unstand that. But to point to possibly innocent people and claim a murder if there wasn't one, isn't good either.

9/1 APNewsBreak: Sister: Mansion death ruled suicide

"It doesn't add up," she told The Associated Press. "Nothing adds up."

... told her they found no suicide note.

... text messages on her phone from months earlier about "issues" between her and [JS]'s children.

... she planned to bring Jonah Shacknai breakfast and a change of clothes the next morning to the hospital ...

"Too detailed planning for someone who's planning to end their life that night," [RN's sister] said.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/sep/01/apnewsbreak-sister-mansion-death-ruled-suicide/?ap

They used messages from months earlier about issues between RN and the children to support the idea this was a suicide? Wow.

I'm so tired of saying all the reasons I think it cannot be suicide my head hurts. Thread upon thread, we went over this...I give.

I just want to see their faces as they 'inform' us...and read then what I pick up from that because I highly doubt I'll buy half of what they'll be feeding us through words.

I pray I'm wrong...but I doubt it.

I agree that PI is a good idea. I also agree with NN-it appears police was trying to prove this was a suicide from day one, despite the bizarre nature of it. The idea the this woman that according to her family was making all kind of plans, was very religious and believed those who commit suicide would go to hell, would not only kill herself but do it in such a bizarre manner just doesn't add up to me.

No, it does not add up whatsoever. What a severe miscarriage of justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57