Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 19 - Shortest Court Day, EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense filed a motion this morning she has to review it before going on. Lawyers will come back at 4pm. The next court day is the eighth. :banghead:

The timing of this filing is too obvious, and Nurmi is worried about his reputation. No worries Nurmi I think nothing more of you than that <modsnip> you are representing.

Jeffrey Evan Gold &#8207;@jeffgoldesq 19 mins19 minutes ago
interview being done by defense today in #JodiArias which seems the cause of issue. My guess is that it's a witness revealed by JM about PC

So what the heck happened to Dr. G? Surely that would have taken another day.

This is a joke, right?
Is everyone laughing at this mess?
This will go down in the history books....if it ever finishes...:gaah:

Some joke, eh? This charade is doing irreparable damage to the justice system. It may be unprecedented, but it's time a higher authority stepped in and salvaged this wreck. IMO.

So why can't JSS hold on to the transcript and continue with the trial in the meantime? Surely, there must be another reason for no jury trial today.

The releasing of the transcript would not IMO have anything to do with no court today since that has been ongoing. Why would the other new motion delay Geffner's continuing on the stand? It just does not make any sense. (JMO)

Well....I got everything done, got myself a hot cup of coffee and some really good home made banana bread, thought we would be here all day! Bummer! I guess I now have time to watch Downton Abbey and Celebrity Apprentice. See you all later :/

That was absolutely a no brainer!! that Nurmi was going to go higher, anything to delay the release of the transcript before the trial is over.
JSS should have released the transcript before Nurmi made his move. She anticipates his moves and lets him take the lead. In the end she will say checkmate or dismiss the case.

Ok, so there are all these DT prosecutorial misconduct motions, yada, yada, yada, there are also a plethora of motions for mistrial, we are waiting on the release of transcripts as ruled on by COA, Nurmi files yet another motion to stay the release--so they stop the trial for this. Geffner has already been on the stand for days and days and days, what could any of these motions have to do finishing up with Geffner?????? I just.do.not get it.

Am I dense or something? Maybe AZ can help me understand how all of these other "peripheral" goings has stopped the completion of someone who is knee deep in testimony.

Seems court will be back in session today at 4pm to decide if there is court tomorrow (huh?), media speculates this may be contingent on a witness.(double huh??) But what about Geffner? This witness is almost done with direct and cross should begin shortly thereafter. (triple huh???)

#@#%#$%@# ! ! !

Can the state ask for a mis trial due to the judge and get a new penalty phase with hopefully a new judge?

Seems court will be back in session today at 4pm to decide if there is court tomorrow (huh?), media speculates this may be contingent on a witness.(double huh??) But what about Geffner? This witness is almost done with direct and cross should begin shortly thereafter. (triple huh???)

#@#%#$%@# ! ! !

All I can figure on this is that perhaps JM has brought in someone to dispute the computer issue (Taylor Searles?). The DT has filed a motion to preclude because they were not able to interview this witness. JSS has given them today to do so and cancelled court to make sure the interview takes place so she can rule on the motion and be done with at least that one to stop the delays on the computer issues. She knows she's going to wait on the SC ruling for the release of the secret witness testimony. So is she expecting to hear something on that by Thursday?

Now if the DT doesn't get the chance to interview this witness today, if that is what is going on, does that mean court will be cancelled tomorrow to accommodate them?

Looks like she's trying to call their bluff on things but they are always one step ahead of her?

MOO

interview being done by defense today in #JodiArias which seems the cause of issue. My guess is that it's a witness revealed by JM about PC

And this causes a delay until Thursday Jan 8?? It is this "other" trial during the regular trial that sure is causing problems. (JMO)

And what I am wondering, IF and only IF the reason is that Geffner could not show up, is there a way to notify jurors not to come in????

Kind of odd that Geff was not there, doncha think? It's almost for sure he knew beforehand that he would not be testifying today :thinking: And now this motion to preclude witness testimony? Do you think it's to preclude JA's "secret testimony" to prevent the media from getting their hands on a transcript of her new lies?

But then the jury would have to disregard Dr. Geff's testimony as well.
But then again the jury has already heard both of them testify and you can't un-ring a bell. Just throwing things out. I have no clue.

I was furious when I heard court was cancelled AGAIN today! I was saying things like I despise JA and on and on etc. .... My daughter came in the kitchen and said "Gawd mom you are taking this trial too personal. :giggle:

IMHO, the defense has been dragging out the testimony to introduce the *advertiser censored* issue into the abuse realm. The problem is, it's far from settled at this point. Geffner has been going in circles waiting to testify on direct about it and IT isn't happening soon enough!

If JSS were to rule Geffner had to take the stand now, the defense could say in an appeal that she disallowed him to testify to exculpatory evidence. If, by some hallucinogenic means, the court would rule the *advertiser censored* testimony in, it would be a good appeal. Meanwhile, the whole *advertiser censored* issue is a teeming swamp of mosquitos what with Neumeister & Co. and the defense battling the Prosecution at every turn, and at the last minute, I pity the poor Master who has to advise JSS about the issue.

JSS has to follow the rules, it isn't her fault. It isn't Juan's fault. The fault lies, with JA and her defense and their nefarious legal games.

I hate this process as do you all. However, none of this is JSS' fault. She has to follow the rules. Juan follows the rules. The defense can play legal games till the cows come home...

I am stunned. The jurors made it court today only to be told to march back home? :gaah: What is this? A zoo? A circus? This is getting to be unbearable. This Judge is not guided by logic or reason. Her rulings this time around have been nothing short of bizarre. I feel for Travis' family but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on.

Why was the interview not done before today? Did the DT not know about this witness till today? If so, why was Geffner not there (the only one NOT inconvenienced)?

IMHO, the defense has been dragging out the testimony to introduce the *advertiser censored* issue into the abuse realm. The problem is, it's far from settled at this point. Geffner has been going in circles waiting to testify on direct about it and IT isn't happening soon enough!

If JSS were to rule Geffner had to take the stand now, the defense could say in an appeal that she disallowed him to testify to exculpatory evidence. If, by some hallucinogenic means, the court would rule the *advertiser censored* testimony in, it would be a good appeal. Meanwhile, the whole *advertiser censored* issue is a teeming swamp of mosquitos what with Neumeister & Co. and the defense battling the Prosecution at every turn, and at the last minute, I pity the poor Master who has to advise JSS about the issue.

JSS has to follow the rules, it isn't her fault. It isn't Juan's fault. The fault lies, with JA and her defense and their nefarious legal games.

I hate this process as do you all. However, none of this is JSS' fault. She has to follow the rules. Juan follows the rules. The defense can play legal games till the cows come home...

BBM--Thank you CarolinaMoon. Now that is something that makes sense to me.

JSS should have released the transcript before Nurmi made his move. She anticipates his moves and lets him take the lead. In the end she will say checkmate or dismiss the case.

She was dragging her feet on release of the super secret testimony when she was within her right to do so. And yet she didn't. ??????!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77