Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were two of Jodi's "mitigating" factors, her age at the time of the crime. (She was a young girl of only 27) and no criminal history (too bad her pot growing, stalking, stealing, and animal abuse couldn't be brought in)

You know the pot growing, stalking, stealing and animal abuse is already in, and Jodi brought it in.

Bill and Sandy tell Det. Flores about fourteen year old Jodi growing pot in the police interviews

Bill says Jodi called him and cried on his shoulder when she stood watching Travis kissing a woman in what should of been the privacy of his home. Juan asked Jodi about calling Bill when she was on the stand.

she admits to taking Travis's ring , but has a good reason - all thieves have a good reason for stealing

she told Flores about kicking Doggyboy when she was fourteen years old and picking up Joey and Angela's dirty diapers - anger directed at a living creature - Jodi outs herself when Det. Flores asks her if there any anger issues - Dr. DeMarte revealed that in the guilt phase.

I think Jodi is a much more dangerous person than BPD.

Do you remember Karen Black in Trilogy of Terror?

[video=youtube;nBqGW200Qb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nBqGW200Qb8[/video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nBqGW200Qb8

and nurmi today what the hell was that! Taking orders from Jodi to treat Dr. DeMarte like that?

KP, the truth of what Travis likely experienced comes from those who have lived it, like I said to Kate--thanks for sharing to bring awareness to others.:grouphug:
It's my experience that informs me that BPD is in no way a mitigator. That has me concerned because I think dealing with a BPD or other PD person is different than dealing with other mental illnesses and I'm not sure a jury without PD experience can see through all the disassociation & fear of abandonment talk to realize it has nothing to do with mitigation. The more I reflect on my experience with my mom and the sympathy and excuses employed for her by people who didn't know what she was really like the more I worry that BPD will save CMJAs life.

I can only hope that someone on that jury has experience with a person with PD or JM does one heck of a job explaining in closing.

The most frustrating part of this trial is that we don't know when it will end. The Judge obviously keeps the jury informed but we're kept in the dark. Is it normal for a Judge to ignore the media/public and give them no information regarding the trial schedule etc.? So strange.

:seeya: Yes, it is extremely frustrating that there is no end in site for this re-trial, and I cannot even begin to imagine how extremely difficult and frustrating it is for Travis' Family !

BBM: JMO but I doubt IF JSS informs the jury as to the REAL reasons why this re-trial is taking so darn long ... but IF she does, I hope she lets them know it is the defense :wink:

:seeya:

@jeffgoldesq: #JodiArias questioning of jury one by one in chambers seems more ominous than jury scheduling, usually related to improperly info/behavior.

I think the juror is making a distinction of being told you were assaulted but having no memory of it and the true memory of being assaulted... asking if the reaction to it would be the same? would you have the same feelings/reactions/avoidance if you knew it but didn't remember it. Good question as CMJA says she heard about it but doesn't remember. How could it feel the same? over-reporting of reaction? faking?
Look at it this way, if you're too young to remember ever getting a suppository when you were sick... you don't know what you're missing. Same with getting your temp taken.

That analogy seems apropos, all things considered in this trial so far. :D

Well, that is very telling! Tells me she really was exhibiting abnormal behavior at an early age.

And given that she's so sexual, she's probably the one that initiated playing doctor with her cousin.

You know the pot growing, stalking, stealing and animal abuse is already in, and Jodi brought it in.

Bill and Sandy tell Det. Flores about fourteen year old Jodi growing pot in the police interviews

Bill says Jodi called him and cried on his shoulder when she stood watching Travis kissing a woman in what should of been the privacy of his home. Juan asked Jodi about calling Bill when she was on the stand.

she admits to taking Travis's ring , but has a good reason - all thieves have a good reason for stealing

she told Flores about kicking Doggyboy when she was fourteen years old and picking up Joey and Angela's dirty diapers - anger directed at a living creature - Jodi outs herself when Det. Flores asks her if there any anger issues - Dr. DeMarte revealed that in the guilt phase.

I think Jodi is a much more dangerous person than BPD.

Do you remember Karen Black in Trilogy of Terror?

[video=youtube;nBqGW200Qb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nBqGW200Qb8[/video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nBqGW200Qb8

and nurmi today what the hell was that! Taking orders from Jodi to treat Dr. DeMarte like that?

Hey, she can play Jodi in the next movie that gets made about this case, she's a perfect fit!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

Please do not cut and paste from Beth Karas' site, Karasoncrime.com unless you get permission from Beth Karas first

Beth's site is a pay site. She is only charging because she is footing the bill for everything while covering this trial. It's 5.99 a month which is very reasonable.

Thank you,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members