Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what Alyce said, and that she was being stalked., but put herself out there with the media.

:seeya: Hi katydid ! I was thinking the same thing !

Tanisha and Steven gave very moving and powerful VIS statements today !

I bet CMJA and the DT were NOT expecting that from the jury and they got rattled by it.

Maybe that is why she was crying, and not the VIS.

From MK:

Michael Kiefer@michaelbkiefer

We are back in the #JodiArias courtroom after the lunch break.

If the killer was so abused by Travis, why did she go back for more, on her road trip from upper CA to AZ? She is the abuser. Travis is dead, and died extremely violently by her hands.

Alyce Laviolette has claimed to have been threatened with death. But when asked to show the tweets, all she had were nasty insults and a wish for her to choke on a chicken bone. Those aren't death threats.

Patti Womack was in court, giggly and ready to go. But after her interview with Juan she pleaded the fifth and pulled out of testifying.

Both witnesses had other reasons for not returning to court. ALV was exposed as a liar and PW was going to be exposed on the stand for her drug use and welfare fraud. The death threat meme is just to set up appeal but it's a farce.

These witnesses do need to be protected and I believe the judge has done a good job of keeping their identies secret this time around so the crazies won't attack them. But so far the only person who seems to need to be in fear for her life is Nancy Grace.

I think for sure it's someone that does not believe in Death Penalty, and will do whatever it takes to "save" her.

Is there a list of "mitigator defenses"?

Bad childhood, mental illness, etc?

This is what Nurmi filed at some point against the DP, so he'll probably use some or all:

a) no prior criminal history
b) just 27 years old
c) remorse
d) abused as child
e) abused by Travis
f) under extreme stress at time of crime (I guess the infamous fog)
g) has PTSD
h) has Borderline Personality Disorder
I) "psychological makeup impaired her ability to cope with tumultuous relationship with Travis"

I just quotes 'em I don't support 'em, so don't kill the messenger

Will this be the person?

Quesiton: What would you have changed:

http://youtu.be/mWg95IrFpOw?t=11m44s

OMG Great FIND.

Yes....a man to her rescue. JA never stops lying, and she has now convinced someone to support her, duh. Hopefully, JA's family will not be under orders to not disclose who it is. I just can't believe judge not allowing media to report.

Can JM call new witnesses to rebut this mystery witness? And was JM able to question him before the penalty trial??

If not, how can JM expose the witness is lying?

@TrialDiariesJ: Waiting on the jury..sidebar first #jodiarias #3tvarias

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 3m3 minutes ago

#JodiArias seated. She seems to have put a black blazer/long sleeve on over her top.

I'm guessing it's Arias and she figures if she can get the media booted and the still camera turned off, she might be able to get all video turned off so she won't be filmed at all when Nurmi has her admit to her 'mental illness'.

@ericksonvision: At this rate, they should just change #JodiArias' name to "Katniss," send her out with a bow and arrow and see if she makes it back alive.

@TrialDiariesJ: Next witness won't testify unless courtroom is cleared. Judge will allow this #jodiarias #3tvarias

Alyce would be crazy to come back to this circus. She had enough trouble after the first trial.

She sure had a good time while she was on the stand didn't she? All smiles, so pleased with the attention. Even when Juan told her she was misrepresenting herself. good ole Gus Searcy too. Not only smiled but fought with Juan while he did it. I can't think of anyone the defense put on the stand who was serious or had any knowledge of their position.

That's why I want to see who Nurmi is putting up there now. He did a major overhaul of himself, did he finally get a professional witness? I hope the court doesn't seal the transcripts for good on this person.

@TrialDiariesJ: Due to this being a DP case we will have to leave #jodiarias #3tvarias

@ericksonvision: Next witness refuses to testify unless courtroom is cleared. #JodiArias

No I know the guy who wanted to kill NG is real. But I haven't seen a single shred if evidence that any defense witness has received an actual death threat. Were hateful things said to ALV on her twitter account? Absolutely and they were disgusting. I also thought the campaign to lead one star reviews for her book on Amazon was way over the line. But no actual threats that I saw.

Unfortunately it has become rather typical for parties in a criminal case to get death threats. I wouldn't be surprised that Juan has received death threats too but that is all they are ....mouth work. I cant remember one case where an outsider wacko made good on a death threat they made on social media sites about a witness in a case. I imagine just about everyone connected to this case has received some kind of threat at one time or the other but I truly don't think there is any proof that the threats were serious with full intents to carry them out.

I certainly don't think it is a reflection on the prosecutor......its just that a lot of people in this country truly cant stand JA or anyone that would try to make lame excuses for her.

Maybe aunt Sue, or her mom

so does that mean that we will never know who this witness is until the trial is over???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57