Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was Sandra found? I've seen both November and December in MSM articles.

This one states she was found 18 days after Rita was found, which would indicate November:

http://riverheadnewsreview.timesreview.com/2014/07/56456/cops-manorville-man-charged-in-two-cold-case-murders/

And this one says she was found in December:
http://www.oneidadispatch.com/general-news/20140723/man-charged-in-1990s-murders-of-2-prostitutes

Spota said December in press conference.

You guys are killing me. Please don't automatically assume that I'm making something up here. I know there's a lot of info on this board right now and the posts are nonstop, but this pig slaughter thing was read by many others and it was already discussed in this very thread last night!

As I've said, Newsday appears to have removed the quote. It is no longer in the article. But if you search Google, you will find clips from the article in aggregater sites. Like this:

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=bittrolff splattered in pig blood
View attachment 55475

http://stevebellone.com/aggregator
View attachment 55476

I've read the same info about the dog, neighbor and pig blood. I don't remember which article but all that I did read was linked from the thread. I read every link posted in these threads since the news broke.

Anybody know if Bittrolff has always worked in construction?

Is construction mostly seasonal in NY? It is where I live, and a lot of people who work construction have side businesses that provide snow-plowing and road clearing in the winter.

If it's a seasonal thing, and if he's always worked construction since he graduated from high school, then that might explain why Rita and Colleen (and possibly Sandra) were found and killed in the cold months. He'd have a fair amount of downtime. Summer months for construction in places where it's seasonal are usually very busy.

I hope what I posted here is acceptable w/the mods.

What I've done was to cite a few facts & am drawing attention to the date & "event" sequence of them taking specific notice of the date of the FIRE of 1100 acres of the Manorville Pine Barrens. There was speculation that the SK had a hand in setting the fire to burn away any possible evidence that he may have unknowingly left behind.

In light of the recent arrest of JB & looking back in retrospect, he may very well be a separate killer apart from LISK.

Consider this. JB watched the unfolding of the bodies along OP connecting w/Manorville, then became very nervous as the 2012 bodies showed up knowing it wasn't his work. After Spota announced there were no plans to search the PB, JB then set the Pine Barrens ablaze to wipe out any possible evidence he may have left behind.

4-2011
....in late March and early April 2011, four more bodies were discovered in another area off the parkway. Suffolk Police expanded the search area up to the Nassau County border, looking for more victims.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_serial_killer

Feb & Mar 2012
2 bodies found, one male (was there about 5 years), one female (been there for a short time–not years, but months).
Fitzpatrick urged the public not to assume connections between the Gilgo murders and these two recent bodies found in Manorville, and said there were no immediate plans to form an extensive search of the Pine Barrens*
http://archive.longislandpress.com/...-details-on-two-bodies-found-in-pine-barrens/

The female was later identified as having had a heroin overdose & the guy with her dumped her dead body, charged & arrested.

http://7online.com/archive/8593270/

4-10-12
This Manorville fire was deemed ARSON which many of us locally figured was the case when it first broke news.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/04/10/crews-working-to-contain-suffolk-county-brush-fire/

Before SG remains were found, take note of mention of a black female prostitute killed in 1995, still unsolved.
http://archive.longislandpress.com/...ial-killer-dead-prostitutes-just-dont-matter/

Found something interesting. (treading carefully) While researching the non-profit organization associated to a phone number registered to Bittrolff's address, I ran across the name of a woman whom the donations were to be sent in care of. I poked just a little to see if there was any outright connection to this non-profit, or whether Bittrolff was mentioned anywhere as still being connected to it. I didn't see that, but what did jump out at me was a social media friend with a VERY familiar last name...Tangredi.

So we have a phone number for Bittrolff's address linking to a non-profit org. and somehow tied to a woman who knows someone named Tangredi.

I think that's about all I can say and still stay within the rule.

Anybody know if Bittrolff has always worked in construction?

It's going to be interesting to find out exactly what he's been doing since the 90's, and if it's his income or his wife's that pays the bills. Construction is somewhat seasonal in the northeast, at least to the extent that no one is repairing their roofs in the winter, few people are building extensions to their homes, etc. Still, there's construction work to be had for those who hustle. What gets me is the name of Bittrolff's company - Coastal Construction. Manorville is smack dab in the middle of the island, with nary a coast to be seen nearby (ocean or Long Island Sound). Time will tell how often he was working jobs along the south shore.

It's going to be interesting to find out exactly what he's been doing since the 90's, and if it's his income or his wife's that pays the bills. Construction is somewhat seasonal in the northeast, at least to the extent that no one is repairing their roofs in the winter, few people are building extensions to their homes, etc. Still, there's construction work to be had for those who hustle. What gets me is the name of Bittrolff's company - Coastal Construction. Manorville is smack dab in the middle of the island, with nary a coast to be seen nearby (ocean or Long Island Sound). Time will tell how often he was working jobs along the south shore.

His other business is My 2 Boyz .

Found something interesting.

Besides that topix reference, is there anything else that backs up a connection to that non-profit? I mean, could that phone number be a typo? It's funny, but I was just noticing (on youtube) how common Tangredi is as a last name (who knew?).

According to the County Clerks site his wife bought the property in Nov 1997 and added him to the mortgage in May 2003. I looked at all of the address listed as JB's and one in Shirley comes up with a relation to his wife, maybe parents, it was bought in 1988. The others did not have names that I could connect.

Besides that topix reference, is there anything else that backs up a connection to that non-profit? I mean, could that phone number be a typo? It's funny, but I was just noticing (on youtube) how common Tangredi is as a last name (who knew?).

Come to think of it, have we found a link to the woman's name who supposedly wrote that request for a house for the non-profit? What was it, Phyllis or Paula or something? What is Bittrolff's wife's name?

Come to think of it, have we found a link to the woman's name who supposedly wrote that request for a house for the non-profit? What was it, Phyllis or Paula or something? What is Bittrolff's wife's name?

That's the one with a connection to Tangredi.

Bittrolff's wife...not sure. I believe his sister may be Patricia A.

MSM repeatedly listed his business partner as one of the people who attended the arraignment, but no one listed a name.

That's the one with a connection to Tangredi.
Understood, I follow you. There's lots of Tangredi's (and soooo many Italians on Long Island). So, yeah, that adds some weight to the topix reference....anything else connect this non-profit to Bittrolff? I mean, if it does, it opens up lots of new avenues. It's good you found anything else at all about the organization, because I remember someone yesterday saying they were hitting dead ends with it.

Found something interesting. (treading carefully) While researching the non-profit organization associated to a phone number registered to Bittrolff's address, I ran across the name of a woman whom the donations were to be sent in care of. I poked just a little to see if there was any outright connection to this non-profit, or whether Bittrolff was mentioned anywhere as still being connected to it. I didn't see that, but what did jump out at me was a social media friend with a VERY familiar last name...Tangredi.

So we have a phone number for Bittrolff's address linking to a non-profit org. and somehow tied to a woman who knows someone named Tangredi.

I think that's about all I can say and still stay within the rule.

There are multiple addresses listed when you google that non-profit. Strange.

MSM repeatedly listed his business partner as one of the people who attended the arraignment, but no one listed a name.

I can't out the partner until he's named in msm...but google the phone number listed for Coastal Construction and see what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ingridmc4