Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, no. I can go file for a restraining order on anyone I want to. Only a judge can grant it.

In Illinois, you can get an emergency/temporary order the next day court is open, or at least you could 18 years ago, and you do have to go before the judge, and it's not automatic, but close.

If he is subpoenaed!
Doesn't sound like he wants to be involved and it
sure doesn't sound like he is worried about her safety!
JMO
I think she's made it quite clear that they should stay out of it. It very well could cause more problems for her. We'll have to wait and see.

well if this is true, I think that's the saddest thing....her family has been behind her through this whole thing and now she is gonna get a restraining order on her brother.:mad:

If it holds up, and I don't think it will, whoever convinced her to do this, is determined to separate her from her family, and control.

With Jr returning this weekend, maybe they can spend a few days at the beach. The newlyweds need some time to forget about this pesky little felony.

thank you for the laugh, i so needed that.:blowkiss:

It's unfortunate you took offense, it was not a post to you, it was a post with my opinion on the case at hand.

It is unfortunate that you would state something as such if you have no experience w/ abusive relationships. Alot of women who have been there would be offened by the comment not just myself.

One can get a TRO from a LE when they arrive. They carry them in the patrol car. You have to get it approved ASAP though. I'm in a different state but that is how it works here. Many people are unaware the LE has them.

If only it were that easy. If she was in an abusive relationship (and we have no proof of that to date), she may not have the emotional strength to leave on her own.

This just seems to follow that pattern, and it's not easy to leave, especially if someone is controling you.

Her statement to LE said she was asleep and was awoken by the ruckus. Her statements to reporters have varied from report to report.

Can you give me a link for her statement to LE that says she was sleeping?

According to the police report, she was "in bed," which is obviously not the same as sleeping.

You are right. I agree completely.

By the same token ...

There's no proof they didn't try to take Misty against her will. There is no proof she did call them, crying.

What's your point?

This was in response to a post SS had you'll need to read it.:)

Misty is going to file? Did I just read that? TN must have had a good talk with her. They have to protect RC at all costs. They also have to put him on home confinement to keep him out of trouble.

The Gate-keeper failed this time....can't happen again. They need to put alarms on those doors in case either one of them try to leave...they're very inexpensive.

Question....
Does this sound like a man who is worried that his daughter is being
abused by her husband?

"It should be noted that Hank Sr was at the scene as well. He stated that
he did not wish to complete a written or recorded statement." "He said that
he did not want his daughter to be mad at him so he did not want to take any action."

If your afraid your daughter is being abused what better time to take action?
I'm sorry but I do not believe for one second that the visit was due to
their fear that Ron was abusing Misty

Thank you for this, it's entirely consistent if you know what you're looking for.... Misty called her family for help, they actually responded because underneath it all they do care. In fact, Hank Sr. cares so much about what Misty really wants, if only out of a sense of guilt tinged with love, that he does NOT sign off on the police report, and therefore no RO.

Hank Jr, on the other hand, treats the call for help as serious, authentic, and pressing and so earns a RO.

If TN moves in with them...won't that be a hoot? GGMA needs all the help she can get.

...or it could have been 5 minutes. We don't know. I think this whole thing should be tossed as it stands now. But, I'm very curious to hear about why MC wanted her family to come over. I'd like to hear their (Hank Jr./Sr.) version as it might shed some light on what's happening behind closed doors. There has to have been a reason for them going there. Even if the reason isn't valid, I'd still like to know what's going on.
It could be as simple as Misty & Ron had a fight due to stress, being cooped up in GGMA's house, Misty's youth, whatever. She called her family, crying, and complained. Perhaps said things she didn't mean, but they interpreted that they needed to go get her & fix things. By the time they arrived, Misty had let off steam and things had calmed down, so she told them she was fine & to leave. They stayed and Ron came out, feeling that they were butting into his & Misty's business. Things escalated from there.
Hank Sr & Ron had a previous run-in where Hank Sr said Ron gave him some pills that landed him in the hospital. If I recall, this was recanted or played down, but I imagine it left some bad feelings between the two. I'm sure this played into this episode.

But he did say he would testify in court.
--
Yes, he did say that if subpeneoed that he would testify. I can understand why he would be worried that his relationship with his daughter would be damaged. If he has to testify because he was subpeneoed then he isn't in control over if he testifies or not.

Her father is conflicted about RC.
Very confused, and possibly weak man. OTOH he may be in self-preservation mode.

It could be Misty filed this because Ron asked her to, or maybe this is her way to protect her brother from Ron.
<snip>
It could be, in the absence of all of the biased embellishment, conjecture, supposition, character assassination, and outright distortion simply the quite predictable result of the circumstances she alleged in her report.

Since people seem to like lists...

She told them she didn't want them to come over.
They came over against her explicit wishes ... in the night.
She told them she didn't want to go with them.
According to another participant they attempted to compel her to go with them.

If you were to set aside all of the extraneous commentary I mentioned above and judge only on those statements, ones made primarily by the petitioner for the restraining order and made well in advance of the petition for the order itself, would you really find it difficult to understand why she pursued that route?

I'm puzzled as to why it is necessary to contrive explanations beyond this simplest, most straightforward one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti