Ronald proposes to Misty #2 UPDATE: Wedding planned for 03-12-09

Status
Not open for further replies.
YUPPER I can do officiating.. Anyone wanting to get married call me 555-i'll be there

Touching 'eh?
The proposal.

Proposal.jpg

:sick:

Is a marriage ceremony performed by a notary public of the State of Florida "legal and binding"? Is a Florida notary public authorized to perform a marriage ceremony outside the state, or may a notary from another state perform a marriage ceremony in Florida?

Florida is one of only three states (the other two are South Carolina and Maine) who authorize their notaries public to "solemnize the rites of matrimony." §117.045, Florida Statutes. The Florida notary may perform a marriage ceremony providing the couple first obtain a marriage license from an authorized Florida official and may only perform such ceremony within the geographical boundaries of Florida. Thus, a Florida notary could not perform a marriage ceremony in another state. Additionally, a notary from another state, including South Carolina and Maine, could not perform a marriage ceremony in Florida. And, a Florida notary may not marry a couple who has obtained a marriage license from another state.

Boy did we get off track here on this wedding thing. Lets get back to finding Haliegh

Is a marriage ceremony performed by a notary public of the State of Florida "legal and binding"? Is a Florida notary public authorized to perform a marriage ceremony outside the state, or may a notary from another state perform a marriage ceremony in Florida?

Florida is one of only three states (the other two are South Carolina and Maine) who authorize their notaries public to "solemnize the rites of matrimony." §117.045, Florida Statutes. The Florida notary may perform a marriage ceremony providing the couple first obtain a marriage license from an authorized Florida official and may only perform such ceremony within the geographical boundaries of Florida. Thus, a Florida notary could not perform a marriage ceremony in another state. Additionally, a notary from another state, including South Carolina and Maine, could not perform a marriage ceremony in Florida. And, a Florida notary may not marry a couple who has obtained a marriage license from another state.

Thank you for the heads up. Being a notary Ididn't know that. I really appreciate your input

PLAYER: "My doors are rarely locked day or night, here or gone."

It seems like we sure have been hearing of a lot of crime in Florida recently. Player, please start locking your doors and keep safe!!

Thanks for your posts and the info you provide.

90.504 Husband-wife privilege.-- (1) A spouse has a privilege during and after the marital relationship to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, communications which were intended to be made in confidence between the spouses while they were husband and wife. (2) The privilege may be claimed by either spouse or by the guardian or conservator of a spouse. The authority of a spouse, or guardian or conservator of a spouse, to claim the privilege is presumed in the absence of contrary evidence. (3) There is no privilege under this section: (a) In a proceeding brought by or on behalf of one spouse against the other spouse. (b) In a criminal proceeding in which one spouse is charged with a crime committed at any time against the person or property of the other spouse, or the person or property of a child of either. (c) In a criminal proceeding in which the communication is offered in evidence by a defendant-spouse who is one of the spouses between whom the communication was made.

This is all silly for them to get married at this time when Haleigh is missing.
Anyone in their right mind would not even consider getting married at a time like this when your child is missing.
They are acting like immature kids to me. This marriage will not last long.

I am not so sure that both of them do know more of what happened to Haliegh than what they are saying.
They say Haliegh wanted them to marry, to me thats insane, a child Haliegh's age always wants the daddy to bring her real mommy home, not some teen age baby sitter.

Have they asked you yet, Player?

Looks like the'll be on honeymoon/Today Show in NYC.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133570&catid=3

Thank you, Capri!

In the comment section of the story, someone wrote:
"Fox30 reported the wedding news live from the church last night so it was no secret."​
Interesting, because the strength of the church's announcement/denial today suggests that the church got an earful from members about sanctioning Ron and Misty's wedding.

I wonder if Fox or anyone else spoke to anyone from the church, saying the wedding was going to be there (by pastor or deacon or the funeral man).

Thank Goodness...that's all I can say!

Um...wow. I've never seen anything like that so clearly displayed by a church! I wonder if the church had been receiving angry, negative feedback from the public? Any locals know any more about this? Very odd IMO...

Aren't there any adults in the picture that can stop these two? Don't they realize how sickening it is to do this NOW ? Their lives should be devoted to finding Haleigh, not imitating hormones with feet !

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133570&catid=3

Haleigh's Father and Teen Bride to Honeymoon in NYC
First Coast News has learned the father of Haleigh Cummings will marry his teen girlfriend and be in New York City Friday for a morning appearance as newlyweds on The Today Show on NBC.

You have to be kidding - that is repulsive. Shame on the Today Show. How much $$ you wanna bet they ponied up to get them there? Sick, sick, sick. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll