Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! Unfortunately, Samantha's dog was hit by a car and was euthanised.

That poor family.

Those poor kids are going through this and now they lose their beloved dog - this world really can be cruel sometimes can’t it

And we now know Ruby didn’t go on the run with Samantha …

Police sources have told Daily Mail Australia that Ruby had not been with Ms Murphy when she herself went missing.

(From the same article)
poor dog, so sad it was most likely pining for her, i do wonder,if she took her on runs normally though and for some reason left her home that morning?

If she had health concerns, would they have been mentioned it to make everyone aware that speed is of the essence?

The police here often (always?) mention that a missing person has a named or unnamed medical condition. Because finding these people can be time-critical.

Eg: (all different people)
Police and family have concerns for his welfare as he has dementia and other medical conditions Link

Police and family hold concerns for his welfare as his disappearance is out of character and he has a medical condition Link

What heightens the worry for his safety further is a known medical condition he is suffering from, making his prompt discovery a matter of urgency. Link

It is very annoying that the UK Daily Mail are still saying that Sam was seen jogging at 7.16am on the timeline of her disappearance on Sunday morning 4/2.

Many people are still believing this however this was ruled out nearly a week ago (it was a different jogger who came forward who was running in an opposite direction).

As far as we know, the "dog poo bag" photo from the home CCTV was the last proof of life?

Some outlets say she went on a 20km run, others saying a 10km walk.

Just generally, in some cases would the wishes of the family be taken into consideration.

Especially if it was something that the missing person didn't want known that they had a medical condition, or perhaps if they were depressed. Some missing people kept it quiet in case it affected their jobs.

In some cases the family wasn't aware of there being any medical condition because the missing person had kept it to themselves.

Once again I don't mean this case, but just generally.

So I'm just asking would the family of a missing person have a say in how much is revealed.

It is very annoying that the UK Daily Mail are still saying that Sam was seen jogging at 7.16am on the timeline of her disappearance on Sunday morning 4/2.

Many people are still believing this however this was ruled out nearly a week ago (it was a different jogger who came forward who was running in an opposite direction).

As far as we know, the "dog poo bag" photo from the home CCTV was the last proof of life?

Some outlets say she went on a 20km run, others saying a 10km walk.

I think we don't actually know what direction Sam was taking. I'm struck by the coincidence of the other jogger who was allegedly photographed where Sam would have been if she'd left home shortly after 7 and run east.

Just read this on 7news.com.au
An experienced bush tracker says the missing family dog could provide a new lead in the search for missing mother Samantha Murphy.

Samantha Murphy’s disappearance now treated as ‘suspicious’​

Victoria Police are now treating the disappearance of Ballarat mum Samantha Murphy as suspicious after she vanished 10 days ago.
Police have not commented publicly on the case since Saturday, when the force announced it was scaling back its search of bushland Ms Murphy was known to run in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX