Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiith due respect to fellow, sleuthers who have problems marrying the turnover from the business to a 2.2 m house. I can assure you (from a very personal expereince over 40 years), that the panel beating/tow truck industry is and has been a multi million dollar business for a long time. Mostly from insurance claims. I also have a coldie regularly wih a friend who quit his 20 job teaching panel beating. And bought a said business,when asked in the last few days how it was going quote, ( mate I cannot do any smash repairs until at least xmas I am booked up with insurance claims). And he is no way big in this large inland city. JMO though
Spot on. Panel beating is very lucrative esp if you own the business, are well established and get great reviews, which S and M M do. Word of mouth would be very powerful in a regional centre like Ballarat.

Does anyone else remember reading in the press that 4 Feb was Sam's return to serious exercise after suffering from a bad dose of covid in January? The covid was why she didn't go away to the coast with the family in January? That she announced her return to serious exercise at the Sat night dinner out with friends the night before her disappearance and referred to 7amish start and distance? If all this is factual then the people at the dinner need to be closely looked at as if the disappearance was targeted, they knew what she was planning Sunday morning, that she would be alone at an early hour when it was unlikely witnesses would be around. Her routine was disrupted by covid so only they knew she was going back to her serious exercise next day.
BBM, I don't think that can be right because it was only in the first few days that Virginia said that "the week before last" Mick told her that Sam was back running again.

Police likely suspect a person involved in the search for Ballarat mum Samantha Murphy could be her killer, an esteemed crime expert has said.

While discussing what is known about the high-profile search with talkback radio station 3AW, he stated: “It’s not a disappearance as such or someone who’s orchestrated their disappearance.”

“We know it’s not self-harm or a medical issue. Why? Because the area has been searched, and they’re very confident if someone has fallen down one way or another, they would have been found,” he added.

“So that leaves you with the suggestion of foul play and probably murder.”

“Police will also be considering that one of those searchers is the (alleged) killer in that they have inculcated themselves into that situation to be seen as part of the community, but also keeping an eye on what’s going on,” he explained.

Daily Mail Australia can reveal Channel Nine's Under Investigation hired at least five private sleuths to put together tonight's show on Ms Murphy's disappearance, titled 'The Runner'.

Ms Murphy and her husband Mick publicly backed Ballarat bus driver Jack Aston in 2019, telling the Ballarat Courier his old job at their panel shop, Inland Motor Body Works, was waiting for him when he was released from jail.

'He said to me last time he was talking to me he is scared he is going to be lazy, he is going to come out lazy because there isn't enough to do. He is someone who is always doing something,' Ms Murphy told the paper.

Both Aston and his son had been employed at the Murphy family business, which was co-owned by Ms Murphy.

Mr Murphy had gone as far as to provide a character reference for Aston in court after his mate was found guilty of six charges of negligently causing serious injury.

Aston had crashed a bus into Melbourne's notoriously low Montague Street Bridge.

His five-year sentence in 2019 angered much of the Ballarat and wider community, who believed it was nothing more than an unfortunate accident.

He was released on appeal after serving a year behind bars.

Wiith due respect to fellow, sleuthers who have problems marrying the turnover from the business to a 2.2 m house. I can assure you (from a very personal expereince over 40 years), that the panel beating/tow truck industry is and has been a multi million dollar business for a long time. Mostly from insurance claims. I also have a coldie regularly wih a friend who quit his 20 job teaching panel beating. And bought a said business, when asked in he last few days how it was going quote, ( mate I cannot do any smash repairs until at least xmas I am booked up with insurance claims). And he is no way big in this large inland city. JMO though
I totally agree, this business would be extremely lucrative!

IMO

Daily Mail Australia can reveal Channel Nine's Under Investigation hired at least five private sleuths to put together tonight's show on Ms Murphy's disappearance, titled 'The Runner'.

Ms Murphy and her husband Mick publicly backed Ballarat bus driver Jack Aston in 2019, telling the Ballarat Courier his old job at their panel shop, Inland Motor Body Works, was waiting for him when he was released from jail.

'He said to me last time he was talking to me he is scared he is going to be lazy, he is going to come out lazy because there isn't enough to do. He is someone who is always doing something,' Ms Murphy told the paper.

Both Aston and his son had been employed at the Murphy family business, which was co-owned by Ms Murphy.

Mr Murphy had gone as far as to provide a character reference for Aston in court after his mate was found guilty of six charges of negligently causing serious injury.

Aston had crashed a bus into Melbourne's notoriously low Montague Street Bridge.

His five-year sentence in 2019 angered much of the Ballarat and wider community, who believed it was nothing more than an unfortunate accident.

He was released on appeal after serving a year behind bars.
Mmm that guy had a job to drive the bus safely.
I guess they thought he was hard done by .
Mmm

Does anyone else remember reading in the press that 4 Feb was Sam's return to serious exercise after suffering from a bad dose of covid in January? The covid was why she didn't go away to the coast with the family in January? That she announced her return to serious exercise at the Sat night dinner out with friends the night before her disappearance and referred to 7amish start and distance? If all this is factual then the people at the dinner need to be closely looked at as if the disappearance was targeted, they knew what she was planning Sunday morning, that she would be alone at an early hour when it was unlikely witnesses would be around. Her routine was disrupted by covid so only they knew she was going back to her serious exercise next day.
I think something happened at the dinner that ended in the death of SM .
I also think possible it alerted those present to SM ‘S vulnerability & that is why they were quick to respond when she went missing the very next day .
IMOO - I would think end of a relationship..

IMOO
- I can’t help thinking there is another reason she didn’t go on family holiday .
- all this focus on her running - I wonder if that is all part of a narrative that fits with her ‘ being lost in bush ‘
- I thought she was a beginner runner so why in gods name would she be running 14kms -

they are having to fill the show with theories because there isn't much info to go on (for us, the public). I mentioned to husband re the idea of it being used to put pressure on a potential assailant/criminal and he thinks it is just because they know lots of people will watch as it is a big case vs any strategy.

IMOO
- I thought she was a beginner runner so why in gods name would she be running 14kms -
Do you have source? The recently posted interview of her friend, the fiend commented that the was physically strong and that she was getting back to running. i.e she must have had a break for a while - maybe the covid she had.

Do you have source? The recently posted interview of her friend, the fiend commented that the was physically strong and that she was getting back to running. i.e she must have had a break for a while - maybe the covid she had.
I took friends statement as a longer break - not just a few months because of Covid ..I was just assuming it was longer like years fine she ran . Plus I am sure that I read somewhere she usually ran shorter distances … so that would be much longer than usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cramirez4u