Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha
Investigated :D

I "made a copy" from my own language (Polish) hehe
We say "x-rayed by Police" when somebody is intensely scrutinised by LE ;)

Bear with me - English is a foreign language for me, but I try to communicate as best as I can!!!

Thanks for a good laugh haha
Hugs! :)
I was really perplexed by that one! Thanks for clearing it up.

This may be unrelated but its barely a 30 minute drive south of Ballarat. Could perhaps be to incinerate evidence, phone, watch, airpods, clothes and or anything a perp may have been wearing or using at the time of disappearance away from the search areas. Maybe someone taking a car apart bit by bit or how effective that may be in destroying forensically gatherable (probably not a word but, as the kids say "tevs") traces. It doesn't seem to be the smartest choice but someone who is panicking, desperate or under intense pressure about following an order might feel they have no other option.
Or possibly as I recall from an earlier thread it could be a ruse to divert a large contingent of fire fighters and emergency services to this area while they incinerate a vehicle/evidence elsewhere.

Really hoping for closure for Sam's loved ones, especially her children.

We don't know, but police might have found some of her items including her phone

I think it is a rumour (could be true, could be false) because of its placement in the article. It was right where it said that dozens of rumours are swirling, and the stories might all be nonsense (which Slouth clarified when I asked).

It is possible that the HS legal told them to get specific rumours out of the article, in case there were legal repercussions. The info disappeared really quickly.

If you look at Slouths original post, the other specific rumours mentioned there were also deleted from the article.

And I think it is true,
that is why it vanished so quickly from MSM.

But I'm not going to "die on this hill" haha

I read this as they had taken an AVO out on a member of their extended family

Could also be totally unrelated .... as in "so-and-so has an AVO against them for that unrelated matter, but they can be violent, maybe they did something to Sam, they aren't close for some reason".

That's just how some rumours go.

As you said before, there are very few real facts that we know.

imo

During the latest police search at Mt Clear, we don't know if Police have found some small important items
including her phone, watch etc...

This of course would not be divulged to the media

It's certainly gone very quiet, something is happening

During the latest police search at Mt Clear, we don't know if Police have found some small important items
including her phone, watch etc...

This of course would not be divulged to the media

It's certainly gone very quiet, something is happening

But phone was reported to send the last ping in B.
(golf court).

"an AVO had been taken out on an extended family member"

Slouth linked the original post just a little bit further back ... this link takes you to the original post.

DVO is where parties are domestically involved. eg son and father. AVO is where the people involved are not in a domestic situation eg neighbours, work colleague
.. it’s kinda weird how different states have different name ?

AVO is the term used in NSW for a DV order
Qld calls it a DV Protection Order
Tasmania calls Family Violence order

.. it’s kinda weird how different states have different name ?

AVO is the term used in NSW for a DV order
Qld calls it a DV Protection Order
Tasmania calls Family Violence order
Am I right that if an AVO is issued then the perpetrator is NOT a family member?

From watching UI (and reading other articles) , my opinion is that
- they've made it clear that data has been traced obviously SM's... but additionally they've hinted at 1 or more people being involved. I think they must have other data showing 1+ other people being in the same place at the same time and they're vaguely putting it out there to put heat on this person or people
- they have also made mention that even without phones, you can be traced e.g. by a car GPS.
- I think this leads them to believe it is targeted because IF someone has purposely driven without their phone etc. thinking they can't be traced, maybe to police this is quite suspicious (not many people get around without their phone). Plus if you pair this scenario with them SM's phone etc. all going silent, it doesn't seem random.

*Had just edited to add I've read other articles etc. too, not just taking this conclusion from solely watching UI!

I take different view to the program, what is enjoying the program every crime episode always the best information and and theories, again another outstanding show, show indicates she was a loved person in the community and by a family, had to be someone that she knew, why would stranger try to kidnap her, yes it been a lot of murders around there but she never and I quote never hang out when the wrong crowd, there is no evidence of bikes connection or anything to do a criminality, she was like in the community so why would someone target her, my view is she was targeted to get rid of?
Did you see something she was not supposed to see ,did she learn of something that was not supposed to see, good people you mix with , you're not going to get into trouble, so why was this good person who was loved in the community missing maybe it's closer to home than we think

IMO
I think all your points are good ones W28 though, I wouldn't discount someone that has acted fairly randomly yet.

In fact, all of your comments could point to someone that at best, maybe vaguely knows who Samantha is.

Dare I say it...if there were connections to criminal activity in the business, even they probably know better than to cause harm to Samantha. The only possibility i can see if this were the case was that it is a gang against gang thing...to prove a point of strength. Honestly, i don't see those types of 'gangs' in Ballarat stooping that low...and for what anyway?

Where I'm at now is...
- an accident. But the silly person or persons took the bad situation they were in further to try to avoid being caught.

- a psychopath. Someone who knows what they need to do to avoid being caught. Has acted on impulse but may have planned it for a few days or months. Fits into the community without suspicion. Local...lives in the area...it was around 8am on a Sunday. Intelligent.

I'm not ruling out other scenarios but the 'under investigation' did make me think that there are a couple of scenarios that do stand out more than others.

Last edited:
I thought this question had been raised previously - can't find it ATM.
IIRC a Websleuther responded that it may possibly mean a brother-in-law.
oh ok, i probably missed it sorry for the double up

Not necessarily. AVO relates to a person who is not living in a domestic situation. So could be anyone who doesn't live with the person. Within the family home, it is a DVO.
Thats not how I read the link What’s The Difference Between A DVO And AVO | Conclusive:

an AVO is issued when the protected person and the person subject to the order do not have a domestic or family relationship. This can be caused by a neighbour, a coworker, or a stranger who follows, bothers, or makes threats.
AVO is issued in cases where the protected person and the defendant do not have a household or family relationship.

Could also be totally unrelated .... as in "so-and-so has an AVO against them for that unrelated matter, but they can be violent, maybe they did something to Sam, they aren't close for some reason".

That's just how some rumours go.

As you said before, there are very few real facts that we know.

imo
Where there’s smoke there’s fire… IMOO

The longer this case goes unsolved the more intriguing and perplexing it becomes. Simply because one would expect that a woman going for a run on her own would either go missing from some misadventure or accident or some random person who’d kill or attack in the spur of the moment and leave evidence.

The lack of evidence says a lot. It feels almost clinical in a way. Planned.
The press conference with the daughter and husband was also really startling in how different each were behaving. I get different people act differently from one another in moments like these but it was interesting nonetheless.

The type of business they were in and the fact she was the one in charge of the office/money etc is also interesting.

I feel like police *know* what’s happened but are at the point of trying to gather the slam dunk evidence.

It appears that the police know she’s dead so now it’s all about getting their ducks in a row and doing things the proper way.

It’s an awful situation and I feel for the kids. The poor daughter. But I desperately need to know the motive. Why and how.

I hope it’s solved and the people responsible are punished.

not that it really matters here but police issued an avo on william tyrrells foster parents on behalf of his sister who was still living with them, so an avo in a family relationship in that case?

NSW Police have sought an apprehended violence order against the foster parents of William Tyrrell on behalf of a child linked to the missing boy

Thats not how I read the link What’s The Difference Between A DVO And AVO | Conclusive:

an AVO is issued when the protected person and the person subject to the order do not have a domestic or family relationship. This can be caused by a neighbour, a coworker, or a stranger who follows, bothers, or makes threats.
AVO is issued in cases where the protected person and the defendant do not have a household or family relationship.

Yes.
I remember a case of 2 Saudi sisters found dead in Sydney.
:(
One of them slapped a man with AVO (via Court).

He was definitely not family because girls came to Australia alone.

I still remember this terrible case.

It was linked to a robbery
Do we know when was the robbery? Any chance it was Sat night / early Sunday? Perhaps thieves tried to burn the car on Sun morn, but were disturbed by SM, took action, then came back a few days later to finish the burn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal