Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

Yesterday there were rallies throughout cities in Australia - rallies about the violence against women.

The Prime Minister has called a Cabinet meeting for Wednesday to look at the "full suite of policy measures that can make a practical difference here".

We need to look at the full suite of policy measures that can make a practical difference here. There’s longer-term issues of culture change that we need to engage in so that people teach respect. And it’s not just women and children who will gain from that, men will gain from that as well, if we have respectful relationships across our society, the whole society benefits here.

Slightly OT. But for anyone who asked about the court process for murder in Australia, the pre-trial has commenced in Cairns for the murder of Toyah Cordingly.
5 1/2 YEARS? I know there was Covid, but c'mon! Imagine being a witness in a court case and having to remember back to that long ago to recall details. Obviously if you saw something really horrific it would stay with you, but mundane things that didn't mean much at the time, less so. Perhaps if less monsters were out on bail, then we'd have less cases to deal with.

5 1/2 YEARS? I know there was Covid, but c'mon! Imagine being a witness in a court case and having to remember back to that long ago to recall details. Obviously if you saw something really horrific it would stay with you, but mundane things that didn't mean much at the time, less so. Perhaps if less monsters were out on bail, then we'd have less cases to deal with.
Nothing to do with Covid. The accused fled the country back to India the night after the murder. Police had to find him and extradite him back to Australia. That only happened just over a year ago. He wasn't on bail.

"Heartbreaking twist after Samantha Murphy went missing:

Husband reveals why he didn't realise something was wrong.

Mick Murphy said Samantha, who never returned from a jog on February 4 and is presumed dead,
had been training for a marathon so when she did not return at the usual time,
he thought she was running further.

He did not call to check,
as he did not want to interrupt.

'On that particular day when she went missing,
I thought she'd just gone for a bit of a longer run.

She loved going running out in the bush,
she would leave on a weekday at 5.30am every morning.
I never called her because that was her time.
She liked to do it by herself,'
Mr Murphy said.

Mr Murphy said his wife would have run in the Ballarat Marathon which was held for the first time on Saturday.

In a touching gesture,
many of the hundreds of runners wore a piece of yellow clothing in her honour.

The yellow references her favourite AFL club Richmond,
whose colours are yellow and black.

Mr Murphy said
the mother-of-three would have been front-and-centre among those participating because she had such a strong will when she set her sights on a challenge."

Last edited:
Nothing to do with Covid. The accused fled the country back to India the night after the murder. Police had to find him and extradite him back to Australia. That only happened just over a year ago. He wasn't on bail.
I didn't realise that. Sounds like the recent case of the Point Cook mother found in the wheelie bin in the bush, her husband and alleged killer fled back to India right afterwards too.

The comment about bail was just a general reference to the many cases where the alleged perpetrators were on bail at the time for other serious crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic
Back