Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

Yesterday there were rallies throughout cities in Australia - rallies about the violence against women.

The Prime Minister has called a Cabinet meeting for Wednesday to look at the "full suite of policy measures that can make a practical difference here".

We need to look at the full suite of policy measures that can make a practical difference here. There’s longer-term issues of culture change that we need to engage in so that people teach respect. And it’s not just women and children who will gain from that, men will gain from that as well, if we have respectful relationships across our society, the whole society benefits here.

Slightly OT. But for anyone who asked about the court process for murder in Australia, the pre-trial has commenced in Cairns for the murder of Toyah Cordingly.
5 1/2 YEARS? I know there was Covid, but c'mon! Imagine being a witness in a court case and having to remember back to that long ago to recall details. Obviously if you saw something really horrific it would stay with you, but mundane things that didn't mean much at the time, less so. Perhaps if less monsters were out on bail, then we'd have less cases to deal with.

5 1/2 YEARS? I know there was Covid, but c'mon! Imagine being a witness in a court case and having to remember back to that long ago to recall details. Obviously if you saw something really horrific it would stay with you, but mundane things that didn't mean much at the time, less so. Perhaps if less monsters were out on bail, then we'd have less cases to deal with.
Nothing to do with Covid. The accused fled the country back to India the night after the murder. Police had to find him and extradite him back to Australia. That only happened just over a year ago. He wasn't on bail.

"Heartbreaking twist after Samantha Murphy went missing:

Husband reveals why he didn't realise something was wrong.

Mick Murphy said Samantha, who never returned from a jog on February 4 and is presumed dead,
had been training for a marathon so when she did not return at the usual time,
he thought she was running further.

He did not call to check,
as he did not want to interrupt.

'On that particular day when she went missing,
I thought she'd just gone for a bit of a longer run.

She loved going running out in the bush,
she would leave on a weekday at 5.30am every morning.
I never called her because that was her time.
She liked to do it by herself,'
Mr Murphy said.

Mr Murphy said his wife would have run in the Ballarat Marathon which was held for the first time on Saturday.

In a touching gesture,
many of the hundreds of runners wore a piece of yellow clothing in her honour.

The yellow references her favourite AFL club Richmond,
whose colours are yellow and black.

Mr Murphy said
the mother-of-three would have been front-and-centre among those participating because she had such a strong will when she set her sights on a challenge."

Last edited:
Nothing to do with Covid. The accused fled the country back to India the night after the murder. Police had to find him and extradite him back to Australia. That only happened just over a year ago. He wasn't on bail.
I didn't realise that. Sounds like the recent case of the Point Cook mother found in the wheelie bin in the bush, her husband and alleged killer fled back to India right afterwards too.

The comment about bail was just a general reference to the many cases where the alleged perpetrators were on bail at the time for other serious crimes.

Even sadder because there is probably one person who can say, but won't. I'm thinking the bush fires, maybe. MOO

If he allegedly acted alone,
then I guess the victim might not be far away from Mt Clear.

Unconscious body is very, very heavy.
I guess he could allegedly only drag the victim.

He might have allegedly returned later with a car to relocate the body,
but that might mean encountering witnesses,
so it would be dangerous.

Not to mention leaving victim's DNA in a car which would be madness.

Even one touch DNA of the victim, one drop of blood or a single hair would be absolutely damning.

But maybe he could allegedly use somebody else's car.
But whose?

My guess is that Samantha is near the original crime scene.

And everybody might be very surprised when she is finally found.

I wish her poor family strength during this terrible time :(

JMO

Last edited:

WOW!

"Accused Samantha Murphy killer

Patrick Stephenson

charged with driving offences.

The man accused of murdering Ballarat mum Samantha Murphy

has been hit with a string of new charges

over an alleged drug and alcohol-fuelled
Grand Final bender.

An accused murderer has been slapped with fresh charges due to allegedly crashing his vehicle after

a drug and alcohol fuelled Grand Final bender last year."

:oops:

Paywall :(

Last edited:

WOW!

"Accused Samantha Murphy killer

Patrick Stephenson

charged with driving offences.

The man accused of murdering Ballarat mum Samantha Murphy

has been hit with a string of new charges

over an alleged drug and alcohol-fuelled
Grand Final bender.

An accused murderer has been slapped with fresh charges due to allegedly crashing his vehicle after

a drug and alcohol fuelled Grand Final bender last year."

:oops:

Paywall :(

They have just charged him, and he hasn't had a chance yet to answer the charges (presumably meaning that he hasn't been to court about the charges yet).

October 1st last year, he crashed his motorcycle into a tree, no other vehicle involved.
Police attended the scene, he failed an alcohol breath test at the scene, then failed a drug test at the police station.
He had been at a Grand Final celebration that went from lunchtime into the night.
Charged with drink driving, drug driving, and careless driving.

I am guessing that the police are putting more heat on him, because 7 months is a long time to wait to charge him.

The DM will probably put out a free article about it soon.

imo

Last edited:
I just made a decision, Samantha Murphy's favourite colour is yellow, whenever I write her name I'm going to use yellow to honour her.

The wheels of justice are turning; hang in there Murphy family.

Moo
YES!
YELLOW
is the colour of the Sun,
Life and beautiful Spring Flowers,
Joy, Happiness and
Optimism.

I love that Police are slapping the accused with new charges!
Heat, Heat, MORE Heat!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NebulasShift