Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

If it is him, I think we'll likely know within 24 hours. Once everyone who needs to be told is informed.

If it is not him, we might not hear anything else about it.

Either way, it seems that it was probably an intentional death ... because I imagine it would take some planning to die in a fire with smoke alarms screaming and prison guards close by.

imo
Maybe someone (allegedly) murdered him and then tried to cover up the evidence by setting fire to the cell?

Purely my opinion and speculation.

Anybody who dies in custody becomes the subject of a mandatory coroner's inquest. A report regarding this person will eventually appear on the Coroner's Court website. It may take a few years depending on the complexity of the investigation.

Ummm...
I don't think it was the accused PS

"The prisoner who perished in a blaze that tore through his cell at a maximum security jail in Melbourne’s west
had a history of lighting fires."

Behind a paywall though :(

Ummm...

"The prisoner who perished in a blaze that tore through his cell at a maximum security jail in Melbourne’s west

From behind the paywall :

'It is understood the man had a history of lighting fires at various remand centres in Victoria.'

Agreed. That won't be him.

Ummm...

I'm pretty sure it was Ravenhall Remand Centre which he is likey to be at, and yes it is maximum security. There is also Ravenhall Correctional Centre, nearby, where you might go once you are found guilty.

"Ballarat family violence support service calls

spike after deaths of

Samantha Murphy,

Rebecca Young,

Hannah McGuire.

Ballarat services
supporting women experiencing family violence
say there's been a surge in calls
after the high-profile deaths of three women.

This includes self-referrals and other organisations calling on behalf of their clients.

'There is a heightened awareness of peoples' safety and making sure they are taking steps to feel as safe as they can',
Ms Jewson said.

'Everyone is thinking about it more and thinking about their situation and their relationship, in light of the horrific incidents in the last three months'."

Maybe someone (allegedly) murdered him and then tried to cover up the evidence by setting fire to the cell?

Purely my opinion and speculation.

Anybody who dies in custody becomes the subject of a mandatory coroner's inquest. A report regarding this person will eventually appear on the Coroner's Court website. It may take a few years depending on the complexity of the investigation.
I have been reading Coronial findings for years. Such an interesting way the Coroner finds 'on probability' by deducting the evidence. Fascinating.

Another week, another 2 domestic murders ( vict & NSW )

Eleven more women have died violently in 2024 compared to the same time last year​

Both ex partners & one on bail

NSW premier announces review of domestic violence-related bail laws in wake of Forbes woman Molly Ticehurst's alleged murder​

The body of 28-year-old Molly Ticehurst was found at a home in Forbes and her former partner Daniel Billings was later charged with her alleged murder and for breaching an apprehended violence order.

It. Has. To. Stop.

:mad:

Reading coroners' reports is one of my favourite ways to waste time online. Makes fascinating reading and before you know it, an hour or two has passed.
I do enjoy reading those reports as well. People always say “ you people in the medical field enjoy morbid and gory things”. I'd say “enjoyment” may not be the right word, maybe fascination, because no 2 deaths are the same and you never know what you are going to find.
Sam, they won't stop until they bring you home to rest.

I am always interested in the emotional side of things, so I do wonder what feelings PS has - is he angry, afraid, remorseful (let's assume he is guilty as charged), resentful; are his emotions all mixed up, is he "cracking hardy" and pretending he's not bothered?
I struggle with understanding the lack of humanity and empathy in a lot of people. I don't think they feel anything let alone remorse.

I do enjoy reading those reports as well. People always say “ you people in the medical field enjoy morbid and gory things”. I'd say “enjoyment” may not be the right word, maybe fascination, because no 2 deaths are the same and you never know what you are going to find.
Sam, they won't stop until they bring you home to rest.
How does one access these reports? Or do you need specific access / be in a specific profession? Asking for a friend ;-)

How does one access these reports? Or do you need specific access / be in a specific profession? Asking for a friend ;-)

The public can access the ones that are publicly posted (there are a lot that are publicly posted).

Eg: this is the Vic site for accessing the findings. You can see there are pages of them listed.
Just click on the name of the one you want to read to access the findings for that case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kyry73191
Back