ME/C QA Reviewed--

Location Found Map

County
San Diego County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)
N 32 41 28 W 117 07 07
Found On Tribal Land--

Circumstances of Recovery

The decedent was an unidentified 60-70 year old Caucasian male who appeared to be living a transient lifestyle. On the evening of 07/04/13, two kids were playing soccer ball at the park when the ball was accidentally kicked over the fence into an open area. They retrieved the ball and noticed someone lying on the ground at the bottom of the embankment. They thought he was intoxicated and left the area. On the afternoon of 07/05/13, the two kids went back to the park to play. They checked the area where they had saw the person on the ground and he was still there and there was a foul odor coming from the area. They ran home and told their parents to call 911. Police responded to the location along with fire personnel. Upon arrival, paramedics confirmed the death due to decomposition. He was about 72" tall.

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of Remains
All parts recovered
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description​

Hair: ColorGray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description: Straight, up to 3" in length
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description: Mustache and Beard, up to 1" in length
Left Eye Color--
Right Eye Color--
Eye Description--

Distinctive Physical Features​

No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories​

Item
Description
Accessories
1-blue bag w/ misc. items
Near the Body

Clothing
1-pair white socks, 1-pair black socks, 1-blue jean shorts, 1-camo hat, 1-gray sweatpants, 1-white s/s tshirt. 1-black s/s tshirt.
On the Body

Footwear
1-pair black shoes
On the Body

• Case Photo
  • Case Photo
  • Case Photo
  • Case Photo

Let's figure out this ring!!

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/13615?nav

Case Photo

UNIDENTIFIED
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP13615
Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: July 4, 2013
Location Found: San Diego, California

Case Information​

Case Numbers​

NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number 13-01548

Demographics​

Biological Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Nickname/Alias--
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 80
Estimated Age Range (Years): 60-70
Estimated Year of Death:2013
Estimated PMI--
Height: 6' 0"(72 inches) , Measured
Weight: 138 lbs, Measured

Circumstances​

Type
Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: July 4, 2013
NamUs Case Created: March 4, 2015
ME/C QA Reviewed--

Location Found Map

County
San Diego County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)
N 32 41 28 W 117 07 07
Found On Tribal Land--

Circumstances of Recovery

The decedent was an unidentified 60-70 year old Caucasian male who appeared to be living a transient lifestyle. On the evening of 07/04/13, two kids were playing soccer ball at the park when the ball was accidentally kicked over the fence into an open area. They retrieved the ball and noticed someone lying on the ground at the bottom of the embankment. They thought he was intoxicated and left the area. On the afternoon of 07/05/13, the two kids went back to the park to play. They checked the area where they had saw the person on the ground and he was still there and there was a foul odor coming from the area. They ran home and told their parents to call 911. Police responded to the location along with fire personnel. Upon arrival, paramedics confirmed the death due to decomposition. He was about 72" tall.

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of Remains
All parts recovered
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description​

Hair: ColorGray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description: Straight, up to 3" in length
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description: Mustache and Beard, up to 1" in length
Left Eye Color--
Right Eye Color--
Eye Description--

Distinctive Physical Features​

No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories​

Item
Description
Accessories
1-blue bag w/ misc. items
Near the Body

Clothing
1-pair white socks, 1-pair black socks, 1-blue jean shorts, 1-camo hat, 1-gray sweatpants, 1-white s/s tshirt. 1-black s/s tshirt.
On the Body

Footwear
1-pair black shoes
On the Body

• Case Photo
  • Case Photo
  • Case Photo
  • Case Photo

Let's figure out this ring!!

edit: Wow, i was faster than I thought. Here is a similar one on etsy, i asked the seller if she knew more about it: Vintage Sterling Silber CTR Ring SIG Größe 6 1/2 - Etsy Österreich

Sig is a nickname for someone in the Sigma Chi fraternity. Thats where my mind went right away.

I thought about that as well but I found the ring somehow too plain for a frat and would have rather expected the greek letters...

I also thought a school is possible but I can't really come up with some institute that would start with a g. Usually its something like HS or U or C ....

edit: So, all the other rings of the same style bear CTR meaning Choose the Right, something popular among LDS church from what I gather. SIG will likely be a similar phrase with a religious meaning. Which sort of sucks because if it were name initials it would have been an awesome lead.

Last edited:
edit: Wow, i was faster than I thought. Here is a similar one on etsy, i asked the seller if she knew more about it: Vintage Sterling Silber CTR Ring SIG Größe 6 1/2 - Etsy Österreich
Interesting link! The description says, "Vintage pre-owned solid sterling silver CTR shield ring with letters SIG. CTR stands for Choose The Right."

So, I just looked up CTR rings. Looks like it is a ring that many LDS youngsters get starting around age 8. There are adult versions as well. It looks like it is supposed to be a reminder to self to follow their religious core principles. It also helps LDS members identify each other in group settings.

But this one (the decedent's ring and the Etsy seller's ring) says SIG, not CTR. I wonder why the Etsy seller is calling this a "CTR ring" at all.

Last edited:
So, apparently they make the CTR rings in other languages. SIG is the Italian version according to this. https://store.churchofjesuschrist.o...p_category=&parent_category_rn=&storeId=10151
Another web search shows Italian "CTR rings" with the words "Scegli Il Giusto", so SIG sounds right.
So maybe this man was an Italian-speaking LDS member.
OR maybe he just found the ring while beachcombing with a metal detector or something. <shrug>

Last edited:
So, apparently they make the CTR rings in other languages. SIG is the Italian version according to this. https://store.churchofjesuschrist.o...p_category=&parent_category_rn=&storeId=10151
Another web search shows Italian "CTR rings" with the words "Scegli Il Giusto", so SIG sounds right.
So maybe this man was an Italian-speaking LDS member.
OR maybe he just found the ring while beachcombing with a metal detector or something. <shrug>
Thank you, it is spot on. The etsy vendor also just confirmed it..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back