Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they showed the photo better. No such luck. I cannot tell race, either. Can anyone else?

picture.php

I believe that many of our thoughts and hypothesis on here will be confirmed someday.

Krista,

I can really only find these houses in the vicinity. It's so weird how Bing shows more houses than Google. I guess maybe their pictures were taken more recently and the houses are new?

Anyways, these birds eye view pictures of the same area don't exactly resemble the photo that you showed me, but like I said, they're the only houses near that same bend in the river.

I'm attaching it, because when I post directly it shrinks and is harder to see. I will post also, but make sure to view attachment.

picture.php

Attachments

• mapp.jpg
    mapp.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 28
Oh, I think that's Crow Hill Dr that you linked. I think Crow Hill Dr is the second location on the map in front of LE in the news video. I was talking about the first location on the far left of their map. Let me see if I can post a link to it here.

Ok, here are the coordinates...so, I'm hoping this links to the right place. It's the place closest to the far left on their map.
Actually, their map is a little fuzzy, but it appears that the point of interest is either the house and/or dock, or the water right in front of the house and dock.

Again, my question is...who owns this property and how do you get to this house (without a boat)? Anyone know? Obviously, it would also be very helpful to know why LE is looking at this area, and what the address is!! I believe this is known as the South Santee River area...which is just west of the area where the sunglasses were found...and north west of the 7 mile rd area.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?q=33.21591,-79.437311&mkt=en-US&FORM=BYFD

ETA: Please change the view to 'Bird's Eye'.

Krista - I don't see any roads either which leads me to think a couple things:

I guess we need to find out who owns this land - whether it's private or state held

1. It could be a hunting lodge?

2. It could be a building used by a College or University for studying certain things along the river?

3. Then again...I guess it could be someone's house...but I highly doubt it - unless there is the ability for a well and solar power. I don't see any electrical lines nearby.

There must be a road to the house in the map because it looks like 2 white vehicles parked to the N of the house. I think we aren't able to see the road due to the thick woods. Also, it appears there is a barge or large boat docked down at that boat dock. I looked through my magnifying glass, LOL! Wish we could zoom in closer...

Just my 2 cents.

wm

It's been a little while since I was on this thread, and I am certainly glad to see things are still alive and active in here!

I've had to distance myself from this case for reasons I would rather not share.

However that does not mean that I am not still here, and still willing to help as much as I can, ESPECIALLY when it means I am going to get muddy!! :)

Hi LLLindsayy,

Great Job!! I was wondering if you can do me a favor. In Bing.com, you can get a MUCH closer 'birds eye' view of this location. I've been staring at it for hours...grrr.
It is a house with a long dock...but what's interesting is that I can't find ANY way to get to the house outside of a boat....it's surrounded on all sides by water...without any clear roadways. I wish I could ask Mlatta to go visit, but this is WAY out in the middle of nowhere in a VERY isolated location....and seems to have no way to get to it outside of a boat.

Are you kidding me? I live for this kinda stuff!!! Also whoever posted the link to the bing.com map provided GPS coordinates. This makes it MUCH easier for me to find. I really really want to head back out to that area. I am trying for this Saturday early A.M. I am going to try to locate where the sunglasses were found, as well as this strange house back there.

So, I was wondering if you can use your computer powers :) to post a closer photo of the house and boat ramp at this location.
I was also wondering if you could find an exact location from that point, and post those map coordinates or a link where everyone can look at that area and house.
That house and area scare the heck out of me....it looks SO incredibly isolated....with SO many trees. I've searched for hours, but it seems to be right on the Charleston/Georgetown line and, without a street connecting to the property, I can't do a tax map search to see who owns the property. I wanted to see if anyone else can find a connecting roadway where one might get to this property using a car. I can't see why this particular house/area would be in the search area (as the video shows), but maybe LE found something there, or near the dock. This is the first time we've seen anything near this area and, interestingly, to get to this house, you have to pass both the N Santee area, AND the area across the water where the sunglasses were located. This is the house on a google map...but it's MUCH easier to see on Bing. I just can't do a link or photo from Bing. Thanks for whatever you can do to help, LLLindsayy!!
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...5156,-79.437375&spn=0.003474,0.00927&t=h&z=17

I thought everything between the two rivers is owned and managed by SCDNR... Though I may be wrong....

Check this.. It's the USGS online map. They have recently updated it and made a LOT better than it used to be... http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/viewer/

OMG you guys are soooo good. Thank You for the maps/screen shots. Amazing from one LE interview look what we got from it.

I do see 2 white cars also. What I creepy place.

ok Krista, I used the GPA coordinates to find this house better. Sorry I located the wrong ones earlier. Again, I'll post this picture and then attach it for bigger viewing.

picture.php

ETA: I'm going to guess that there is probably a tree-concealed driveway somewhere. Maybe it's a very long private drive that branches off of another road. I know they exist in the back country in some towns. I'm guessing that one must exist just for access by emergency services if necessary.

Edit again: I haven't found the address yet, but I did find out the process of how we could go about doing it. It is called reverse geocoding. You can find tools to do this on Google searches. I'm still looking, but thought I'd post for you guys to take a look too.

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 29
You guys are dazzling me with your talents....Way to go! I can only hope that LE has the same sort of talents on staff and are working even half as long and hard as you all are and are as dedicated as you are as well. Seems to me they would be just about wrapping the entire thing up by now if this were only true. No offense to anyone in LE....Just really trying to brag a little on our WS folks.

ok Krista, I used the GPA coordinates to find this house better. Sorry I located the wrong ones earlier. Again, I'll post this picture and then attach it for bigger viewing.

picture.php

ETA: I'm going to guess that there is probably a tree-concealed driveway somewhere. Maybe it's a very long private drive that branches off of another road. I know they exist in the back country in some towns. I'm guessing that one must exist just for access by emergency services if necessary.

Edit again: I haven't found the address yet, but I did find out the process of how we could go about doing it. It is called reverse geocoding. You can find tools to do this on Google searches. I'm still looking, but thought I'd post for you guys to take a look too.

Ok, The barge/boat is not pictured in this screenshot which indicates that the boat landing is being used by someone. Also the ramp to the landing appears to be down an incline to the water. So that rules out a type of business like swamp loggers who would need easier access than this to load trees on a barge. If a private dwelling with a barge at the boatslip, then I'd put my bets on a marine constuction business which is run out of the home. I live on the water and know someone who runs such a business out of his home and keeps his barge at his own private slip behind his house. Or if the property is owned by SCDNR, like Mlatta stated, then the barge is probably used for projects within that dept.

Just some ideas I wished to share and All MOO!

wm

Wow, thanks lost and found for the great, informative post!!

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. Wish today was Brittanee's day to be found....but I'm really feeling confident that her day is coming very soon.
I feel VERY confident that LE have their suspects, that they have numerous pieces of evidence, but don't have a direct tie between the evidence and the suspects....or not ENOUGH of a direct tie. I LOVED this interview with LE because the officer calls the POI's suspects...but has to correct his wording...meaning that he DOES believe the POI's ARE involved in what happened to Brittanee...not just that they are talking about someone else. As was stated earlier--a few months ago--at least 2 of the POI's are talking...telling LE information. So, if two POI's are talking, and the POI's are the suspects, I feel very sure this case will open up fairly soon.
Anyway, two questions about one split-second in this video:http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=441801#more

At 1:45, you see two of the investigators looking over a POI's photo and information.

1. Can anyone tell what his race appears to be? (the person on the page).
2. Wouldn't the POI have to have a past record to have that photo and fact sheet/rap sheet? I don't have a lot of experience with investigations, but if the POI didn't have a prior record, would LE have his photo and his info all photocopied on a look-a-like rap sheet? Just curious.

Finally, lost&found....or whomever tried to look up the spot on the map.
I've got a location for one point, but I just want to verify it. The long dock on the North side of the river...the spot on the map in front of the LE agents comes up at Cross Hill Dr. for me. Is that what you're getting? Thanks!!

Yes I see that to. The spot on the map comes up Cross Hill Dr. If you follow it down then turn east, you come to a area where theres alot of trees that were taken down.

krista, I can't tell what the race of the person appears to be in the pic. The fact that this appears to be a rap sheet that LE is looking at in the video makes me think that the perp could be in custody on a different charge. This may explain why LE is taking their time crossing all the tees and dotting all the eyes. The perp may already be in custody on an unrelated charge and didn't realize at the time they were arrested that someone has snitched! This could also explain the vague statement by LE regarding when the perps were questioned. This is JMO, but if the perp is already incarcerated then I understand LE dodging giving out concrete information because if they gave a certain date, Sleuths would be all over the arrest records for the date (and surrounding dates) in question.

PCSO in the HaLeigh Cummings case set up a sting operation and MOST of the prime suspects are now in jail on drug charges unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance/homicide. That case is moving along because people are beginning to talk.

We don't know what LE knows. But we do know that things have been suspiciously quiet from both LE and the Drexels since that meeting on the one year anniversary of Britt's disappearance. Sometimes the clues lie in what isn't said, kwim?

JMO as always. Hope this makes sense.

wm

I believe that many of our thoughts and hypothesis on here will be confirmed someday.

Hey Doc! So good to hear from you again.

I just have a question. Which suspicions are you talking about? That the POIs are probably young? I don't know which suspicions you are seeing confirmed by this picture. Help!! Miss your posts.

Hey Doc! So good to hear from you again.

I just have a question. Which suspicions are you talking about? That the POIs are probably young? I don't know which suspicions you are seeing confirmed by this picture. Help!! Miss your posts.

I have to curtail my thoughts for now. But if/when this is solved I don't think the people on here will be astonished by any facts. I hope to share more later.

It's been a little while since I was on this thread, and I am certainly glad to see things are still alive and active in here!
I've had to distance myself from this case for reasons I would rather not share. However that does not mean that I am not still here, and still willing to help as much as I can, ESPECIALLY when it means I am going to get muddy!! :)

I'm sorry to hear that M.....we really love and appreciate all of the work you've been doing...and I know just how dedicated you are to Brittanee's case.

Are you kidding me? I live for this kinda stuff!!! Also whoever posted the link to the bing.com map provided GPS coordinates. This makes it MUCH easier for me to find. I really really want to head back out to that area. I am trying for this Saturday early A.M. I am going to try to locate where the sunglasses were found, as well as this strange house back there.
I just knew you were gonna say this....lol. Exactly WHY I don't want you galavanting off by yourself!! This place is VERY isolated...I REALLY wish you'd wait and let one of us go with you...especially to this house.

I thought everything between the two rivers is owned and managed by SCDNR...
I thought so as well!! And it may very well be that you are correct...maybe this site is nothing more than a 'headquarters' area for DNR!?!? Maybe that is why it was marked on the map?? I just found it interesting that it's so very isolated. Wonder if anyone was staying there...or if the place is consistently empty...if locals would know about the house...if DNR employees would have a key (if it turns out the place is owned by DNR).

LLLindsayy,

I looked at the geocoding and found that the Natural Area Code (NAC) for this house is 8CD6 NJ2D. Inputting the NAC into the Universal Address finder will link you back to this house.....however, as I suspected, there is no actual OFFICIAL roadway leading to this home....and the NAC/UA finder say that the only way to leave this house is via a boat. Here's their directions for how to get to the roadway......The first road they mention is Hill Rd, which is across the river and woods from this house.

http://www.travelgis.com/directions.asp?from=8CNJ Q8ZG&waypoints=8CFG Q8HJ; 8CDF Q90J&to=8CDN Q8PK&locale=en

I have to curtail my thoughts for now. But if/when this is solved I don't think the people on here will be astonished by any facts. I hope to share more later.

Are these known facts or your opinions? Do you, indeed, know more? Or is it simply that you *believe* we won't be surprised? I know that you included the word "think" in your statement, but that was only one of the three. I'm not trying to dig, I'm just trying to figure out if you actually have more official info than you're saying (because that's what it sounds like), or if you have a working theory. Even LE can/does say, "We know more than we're saying." And it's completely fine for you to do that.

Thinking of you BD, Hoping soon we hear something!!! seems us on (WS) are only ones thinking of her, seems this gone cold,,,lets not let her down,lets keep BD names going, keep her in our prayers,etc,,,

Thinking of you BD, Hoping soon we hear something!!! seems us on (WS) are only ones thinking of her, seems this gone cold,,,lets not let her down,lets keep BD names going, keep her in our prayers,etc,,,

While I'm not as good as some of you at theories, sleuthing, etc., I know I will never forget Brittanee and I know you all feel the same.

Come on baby girl, help us out. Where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko