Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
7/28/2010
On Monday, detectives from Myrtle Beach and other assisting law enforcement agencies executed a search warrant at Taylor's home on Old Collins Creek Road in Charleston County, near the Georgetown County line.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808

10/17/2009
A central area of focus was along South Santee Road in the Collins Creek Community, and there were moments of piqued interest Saturday.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=364384

Just noting for a quick reference.

Not sure what you saying here? ive read both your links neither to my reading say hes 20? says hes 37,and tried kidnap 20 year old they talking about girl not guy!!

Ah... yes, yes, NOW they have changed it.

However, when I made that post, they had listed: Shaun Taylor, 20, exactly as I had copied and pasted into my post. Good thing 13WHAM has gotten their act together now.

Ah... yes, yes, NOW they have changed it.

However, when I made that post, they had listed: Shaun Taylor, 20, exactly as I had copied and pasted into my post. Good thing 13WHAM has gotten their act together now.

Thanks ok, i just hope LE dont screw up so these ***** get back on the street,,,two these guys would been in jail if charleston LE hadnt screwd up when they killed the SM girl ,so lets hope this why Gtown LE has kept a lid on there info to us (this if these guys involed in BD case) but it sure seems this way,,not good news but at least if it is then maybe LE can put them in electric chair not in jail so we have pay there way,,,,,,,

Hi, im not sure how to,,but i do have this info on the SM girl____

CHARLESTON - A suspect in the 1998 slaying of a teen-ager here is refusing to waive extradition from Georgia to South Carolina.

Jacob Taylor, 46, of McClellanville, was arrested Saturday by Coast Guard officials on a barge he worked on, off the Georgia coast.

He is one of five men charged with murder in the shooting death of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey, whose body was found in March 1998 in Francis Marion National Forest.

Mr. Taylor appeared in a Georgia court Monday and refused to waive extradition. But prosecutor Ralph Hoisington said he did not expect having any problems getting Mr. Taylor back.

The four other men charged with killing the woman were arrested Feb. 8 in McClellanville. They are James Isaac Weston Jr., 24; Harry James Rivers, 29; Elijah J. Johnson, 26; and Randall Keith Taylor, 32.

(((check out there names!!!!!)))

link: http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2001/02/12/met_306357.shtml
Note date of article 2001

2 Taylors implicated in that crime, another Taylor today, I'm thinking there are a long list of women in their lives who have been terrified to say anything for a long, long time.

What's with all the same last names? Is this a "family gang?" Do they exist?

Thank you everyone for all the info.

Still lurking and reading along :seeya:

Hopefully this will lead to Brittanee? :praying: She needs to come home.

Any Rochester locals? Brittanee's sister's Facebook status says channel 13 will have breaking news at 6:00.

OMG wow everything seems to be fitting. Also did you notice the other taylor hid the body before. Snipped from above post.

He is one of five men charged with murder in the shooting death of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey, whose body was found in March 1998 in Francis Marion National Forest

Ok we had talk earlier (before breaking news) about going putting up fliers, well ive been informed to hold off on this (Krista and going post fliers ) that this area not safe for us to be there till futher news devolopes, so Krista i think we should hold off on going to N Santee,,,,, I was told this not good idea right now,,,i agree this not safe area as of now,,,,

Omg! He's been arrested before in connection with a missing young woman! I know he was released for lack of evidence but often where there's smoke there's fire...Wow...this really could be something. And prayers to the other young woman, RM, for doubting her story...and in general...

ETA: my mistake, his brother was arrested and released in the previous case...

So sorry I was so skeptical of this girl's story also. I feel terrible about it. Just thankful LE did not give up on it. This girl is one lucky person and to retain all of the details and be able to pick this guy out, simply amazing. I am blown away. (Wiping egg from my face and glad of it)

i just got news update and this news break says Drexel's dad 'familiar' with attempted abduction suspect's name,,,

yall think CD knew this guy??? im hoping its mistake in news???

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12883955&sms_ss=facebook

Just sloppy reporting. That statement is misquoted from what CUE sent out earlier today. The mom, Dawn D (not Chad/Dad), stated that she was "familiar with the arrested dude's name from the LE who told her early in the case" NOT from personal experience.

Drexel's dad 'familiar' with attempted abduction suspect's name
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 12:25 PM EDT
Updated: Jul 28, 2010 7:13 PM EDT

The related incident locations have sparked a large amount of speculation, but Myrtle Beach Police aren't quick to tie the crimes together.

"At this time, we are not saying that the cases are related; however, we must exercise due diligence and properly review the cases and see if there are any similarities," Capt. David Knipes, spokesman for the Myrtle Beach Police Department, said.

Knipes said in a prepared statement that the only similarities between the two cases are the approximate locations and the fact that the two victims are younger women.

Dawn Drexel, Brittanee's mother, said she has placed a call into police requesting further information on Taylor's arrest, but has not been contacted by authorities.

Myrtle Beach Police say investigators are continuing their search for two other suspects tied to Massey's attempted abduction, in addition to leads in the Drexel case.

Anyone with information on the two incidents is asked to call the Myrtle Beach Police Department immediately.

Trying to see this guy's face up close and see if he has any marks on it; i.e. RM said she noticed his face was bleeding after she elbowed him.

Drexel's dad 'familiar' with attempted abduction suspect's name
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 12:25 PM EDT
Updated: Jul 28, 2010 7:13 PM EDT

The related incident locations have sparked a large amount of speculation, but Myrtle Beach Police aren't quick to tie the crimes together.

"At this time, we are not saying that the cases are related; however, we must exercise due diligence and properly review the cases and see if there are any similarities," Capt. David Knipes, spokesman for the Myrtle Beach Police Department, said.

Knipes said in a prepared statement that the only similarities between the two cases are the approximate locations and the fact that the two victims are younger women.

Dawn Drexel, Brittanee's mother, said she has placed a call into police requesting further information on Taylor's arrest, but has not been contacted by authorities.

Myrtle Beach Police say investigators are continuing their search for two other suspects tied to Massey's attempted abduction, in addition to leads in the Drexel case.

Anyone with information on the two incidents is asked to call the Myrtle Beach Police Department immediately.

I don't know how to quote within a quote, but my comment about "familiar with the name" came from DD AFTER the quote above was stated. In other words, a LOT has happened today. CUE posted the more current info on Facebook. (Don't think we're allowed to cut/paste from FB per TOS.)

Are ya'll getting sound on this video? I get sound on the advertisement but the entire rest of this video gives me no sound at all and I really, really want to hear it?

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808

TIA

I did get sound Strawberry and they made some interesting statements, I thought. They said that Taylor "runs in the same circles" as the BD suspects. They later said that when they went to his property they seized a vehicle which had been reported stolen and has since been connected to a homicide in Charleston County. Near the end they said that while he is being questioned in the RM case, he is not a suspect or POI in any of the other cases...(BD, Soles, etc.) That was the most important info I took out of it anyway...So again, it makes it pretty clear they know exactly who was responsible for Britt's disappearance as Doc has said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018